What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Problems with 6 kw. WiFi and bubba

Gdood9

So in the last week and a half my plants have taken a down turn I can't figure out why and I need some help now. Here's some details.

Co2 : 1000 ppm
Temps : 74-80
Humidity : 60-70%
Water : ro
Nutes : house and garden coco a+b, calimagic, Drip clean, roots xcel
Coco : canna
Lights : 1 kw hps x 6
Feed : 2x daily. 1.0 ec pH 5.8-6.0 1/4 tsp calimagic/gal, 1 tsp A/gal, 1 tsp B/ gal, .4 ml Drip clean/gal, 1.1 ml tsp roots xcel/gal
Strains : wifi from seed, 13 phenos
Bubba from seed, 8 phenos
All in 1 gal bags

So about a week and a half ago everything looked great. The plants had a bit of a nitrogen toxicity early in life but nothing terrible, still grew great just kinda dark. I transplanted them from 16 Oz cups to 1 gal bags about 3 weeks ago, had great growth for the first week and a half at EC 1.0 pH 5.8. They started yellowing a bit about a week and and half ago so I upped the feed to 1.2, looked hungry, up to 1.4, still hungry looking and growing well, up to 1.6(I know, I'm an idiot, I usually never go over 1.0 in veg) and I can tell right away they don't like it. Next watering I go down to .6 and give a good heavy water, things look good next day so I ramp them back up to 1.0 and this is where I'm at now. I also gave a foliar of Magic Green at .2 EC about a week ago and the plants did not respond well. I usually have great results with Magic Green.

Now I'm seeing iron deficiencies, calcium deficiencies, nitrogen deficiencies, canoeing on the wifis, claw on my Bubbas. I water 2x a day and feed each watering. They were loving it until this past week and and half. Leathery leaves too.

The undergrowth looks good, just everything else is suffering. I've never had these problems and I don't know what else to do

***update***
Did a slurry test. PH of 5.8 and EC of 0.3. What's going on? Watering too often? Too much runoff?

Last edited:

Gdood9

This picture is from 2/7/15. As you can see they were very healthy and have grown a lot in the last 3 weeks, excluding the last week and a half.

All pictures in above two posts are from today, 2/24/15

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Do a slurry test ASAP and post the ec and ph. Your plants aren't lacking anything they are just locked out. What brand of coco do you use? If you transplant into coco that isn't washed and charged it can take a week or so for lock outs to occur. What temp is the bag area during lights off. Have you scoped under the leaves for bugs? Slurry test! Flushing with straight RO can wash away the cation balance also.

Gdood9

I never flush with straight RO, minimum is always 0.5 EC. I use bagged canna coco. I was running 24/0 until two days ago. Lights out is 72-75 degrees. No bugs, no mold, no mildew. All from seed and I don't visit other grow rooms and when I come in from outdoors I change my clothes. Will do slurry asap.

Weeded1s

Dark green on bottom clawed leaves and twisted up. Your are deff locked out..get your ec down and u should be good

Gdood9

Is this how everyone else does it?

Canna distributed a brochure on their coco and one section states the following:

"The most reliable method for measuring the nutrient levels in COCO is the 1:1.5 extraction method. The pH and EC of the drain water generally deviates from the actual root situation, as COCO is able to retain and release elements.

1) Take a sample of the COCO from the slabs or pots. This can be done with a soil core sampler or a trowel. To get a respresentative sample the COCO must be collected from as many plants as possible.

2) Collect the sample in a bowl and determine whether it contains the right amount of moisture. The COCO has the right amount of moisture if moisture disappears between your fingers when you squeeze it. Add de-mineralized water if necessary and mix the COCO.

3) Take a 250ml measuring jug and fill it with 150ml of de-mineralized water. Add COCO to the 250ml mark. Fully mix and allow the slurry to settle for at least 2 hours.

4) Mix again and measure the pH.

5) Then filter this material and measure the EC.

A 1:1.5 analysis can best be done after 3 to 4 weeks. The target values for EC are between 1.1 and 1.3 and for the pH, between 5.3 and 6.2.

Very high EC levels increase the risk of burning symptoms. To limit this the COCO can be rinsed with acidified water containing Coco A/B nutrient at an EC of 0.65 (pH 5.8)."

Gdood9

^^^^^^^^^How much to you trust your ph meter. Can you double check with drops or another meter?

It's new and has been well cared for. I have calibration solution and when I cross reference back after calibration it's spot on. Blue lab makes an excellent product

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
While canna coco is one of the best, there was another guy on here who fucked his plants up when transplanting up to a larger container and trusting canna coco. Just saying. I think his post was in "The best brand of coco" thread.

Gdood9

While canna coco is one of the best, there was another guy on here who fucked his plants up when transplanting up to a larger container and trusting canna coco. Just saying. I think his post was in "The best brand of coco" thread.

Not good, how fucked up? I don't have money or time for fucked up I certainly think these are more than salvageable. Is the process I posted above the correct process for the slurry?

Weeded1s

I always use canna and i just mix a gallon of nutes at say .9 ec poor it through the coco..2 gals of h20 with nutes if using a 3 gal pot or more..let it drain for a bit then transplant ..but Dont water it again after the initial pre watering for 2 days or so. Never had any issues orrher :)

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Not good, how fucked up? I don't have money or time for fucked up I certainly think these are more than salvageable. Is the process I posted above the correct process for the slurry?

Beautiful root mass you have. Plants will be fine, you just need to get the ec and ph and cation balance in line.:tiphat:

Gdood9

Beautiful root mass you have. Plants will be fine, you just need to get the ec and ph and cation balance in line.:tiphat:

I sure can grow some fine roots, eh? Haha. I appreciate the help a lot guys. This has been a bit stressful the last week and a half.

Gdood9

I always use canna and i just mix a gallon of nutes at say .9 ec poor it through the coco..2 gals of h20 with nutes if using a 3 gal pot or more..let it drain for a bit then transplant ..but Dont water it again after the initial pre watering for 2 days or so. Never had any issues orrher :)

I usually do a rinse and buffer at 0.6 EC before planting but unfortunately I did not do this when I transplanted this time. Lesson learned. I also think my couple too high feeds had a lot to do with this. We live and we learn. The results from the slurry will certainly shed some light.

Gdood9

PH 5.8
EC 0.3

I'm confused. What's going on here? I pulled the coco from the top, middle and bottom of the root ball. Am I watering too much? Am I watering with too much runoff? Sometimes I get close to 40% runoff.

Latest posts

Latest posts