What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help me choose extreme sativa's

satva

Veteran
crazy caffeinated energy and chaos, one that has a strong psychedelic dimension and one that is particularly good at inducing euphoria.

Euphoria category - Highland Mexican Highland Guerrero / Blueberry 14 weeks- clear, euphoric, increased sensory awareness, great for gardening and outdoor activities. Psychedelic

Energy category - Destroyer Meao Thai / Mexican - Colombian - 17 weeks very clear, energetic and mentally motivational, great for research. Highland Thai / Highland Mexican is the combination I like.

Almost no stone, not chaotic. Mango Haze - long flowering sativa phenotypes = 15 weeks are more psychedelic with a bit more indica. Mango Haze has Haze A and Haze C, probably Thai and Mexican / Colombian.

1975 Colombians were more psychedelic and the effect from Highland Mexicans more euphoric with heightened sensory awareness, the effect from Thailand cleaner, and

Noticed terpene said "zamaldelica regulars" and from what I've read the regular seeds are where its at. The fem version is not of the same lineage. Just wanted to throw that in there for you just in case you didn't get the memo!

MostlyMe

Veteran
crazy caffeinated energy and chaos, one that has a strong psychedelic dimension and one that is particularly good at inducing euphoria.

Euphoria category - Highland Mexican Highland Guerrero / Blueberry 14 weeks- clear, euphoric, increased sensory awareness, great for gardening and outdoor activities. Psychedelic

Energy category - Destroyer Meao Thai / Mexican - Colombian - 17 weeks very clear, energetic and mentally motivational, great for research. Highland Thai / Highland Mexican is the combination I like.

Almost no stone, not chaotic. Mango Haze - long flowering sativa phenotypes = 15 weeks are more psychedelic with a bit more indica. Mango Haze has Haze A and Haze C, probably Thai and Mexican / Colombian.

1975 Colombians were more psychedelic and the effect from Highland Mexicans more euphoric with heightened sensory awareness, the effect from Thailand cleaner, and

I can't find HM x BB anymore, that was my first choice for the South or Middle American strain. I will grow Destroyer at some point, but the odds of the longer flowering pheno are not good enough I think. Same with Mango Haze.

Noticed terpene said "zamaldelica regulars" and from what I've read the regular seeds are where its at. The fem version is not of the same lineage. Just wanted to throw that in there for you just in case you didn't get the memo!

I noticed ;) I already grew the femmed also, and I would love to grow the regulars. But there are so many others on my list too lol

So I have a tentative list now:

- D9 Labs Mekong Haze. I'll consider this a long shot, as germ success is reportedly quite poor.

- Ace Double Thai. Looking for that Thai Bliss ;)

- CBG Jarilla. Pretty decent flowering time and according to CBG a good representation of Mexican high and flavor. Hoping for that euphoria.

- Ace Green or Purple Haze x Malawi. I want to grow the famous haze, but since pure hazes are slow growers, I need a hybrid. Malawi is a cool option, because now the genetics are from just about all continents. In doubt about green or purple, is the green more potent?

What do you guys think, do these represent a nice diverse spectrum of highs from extreme sativa's? The psychedelic quality is probably a little bit underrepresented, but that will have to wait I guess. Thinking about having some Zamaldelica regs as a backup though, or I could just pop my Golden Tigers.

You said you could not find the HM x BB so i let you know where they were in stock , i never checked to see which payment methods are used , what you choose to do with the information provided is up to you but there is no need to be a dick about it when i was only trying to help :moon:

Last edited:

MostlyMe

Veteran
You said you could not find the HM x BB so i let you know where they were in stock , i never checked to see which payment methods are used , what you choose to do with the information provided is up to you but there is no need to be a dick about it when i was only trying to help :moon:

My apologies, I did not intent to, but I was very rude. Of course I appreciate your help and I thank you! I am just frustrated on how hard it is to get money across the globe this day and age.

No problem mate cheers :ying: they are available from one Euro seed bank but i can't remember the name , if you are still interested you could pm Kalbhairav he could tell you the name but i have no idea if they are legit or not , and for the record i 'm also from Europe :biggrin:

Waldgeist

I can't find HM x BB anymore, that was my first choice for the South or Middle American strain. I will grow Destroyer at some point, but the odds of the longer flowering pheno are not good enough I think. Same with Mango Haze.

I noticed ;) I already grew the femmed also, and I would love to grow the regulars. But there are so many others on my list too lol

So I have a tentative list now:

- D9 Labs Mekong Haze. I'll consider this a long shot, as germ success is reportedly quite poor.

- Ace Double Thai. Looking for that Thai Bliss ;)

- CBG Jarilla. Pretty decent flowering time and according to CBG a good representation of Mexican high and flavor. Hoping for that euphoria.

- Ace Green or Purple Haze x Malawi. I want to grow the famous haze, but since pure hazes are slow growers, I need a hybrid. Malawi is a cool option, because now the genetics are from just about all continents. In doubt about green or purple, is the green more potent?

What do you guys think, do these represent a nice diverse spectrum of highs from extreme sativa's? The psychedelic quality is probably a little bit underrepresented, but that will have to wait I guess. Thinking about having some Zamaldelica regs as a backup though, or I could just pop my Golden Tigers.

The green should be a bit faster, i guess.

can recommend to try the delica regs, they are something totally different compared to the fem.

but lets push that mekong haze:biggrin:

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
which phenos have you come across? im in search of the infamous purple haze acid pheno

picture.php

My Tom Hill Haze female I selected was very Asian peanut sauce smelling, frosty and really showed its purple. I actually started calling it the Asian peanut haze because whenever you opened the jar you were overpowered by the smell of peanut sauce being slightly burned in hot wok which is ready for vegetables and meat. Great smell, very, very different from what I'm used to from cannabis.

As for phenos, here are the three seedlings I ran. All of which pretty distinctly showed the lineage of the haze line in their own way.
picture.php

I just know I'm going to get in trouble with Tom Hill when I say this (sorry Tom I mean no disrespect!!), but the acid pheno Tom talks about is probably nothing more than a slightly more psychedelic version of his original haze. If the acid pheno were really that worthwhile, I would have to imagine that Tom Hill would use them for breeding and offer an "Acid Haze" which logically would cost more than his regular haze line.

Not to say Tom's haze was bad, it was a very solid, more columnar producer than Ace's original hazes that I've run. (you can really see the size in the pic below, this plant was grown under CFLs) In addition, the Tom Hill haze finished in 16.5 weeks as opposed to Ace's 23-26 week average (18-20 weeks for Ace haze x thai crosses) in my setup. Based on the production and speed, I would tend to think Tom's haze has been crossed to something else or purposely selected down for speed and size at one point or another - but I could be entirely wrong on these points and by no means am I trying to say something about what was some truly stellar smoke.

picture.php

If you really want an acidy haze:

Start pheno hunting through your female Tom or Ace hazes and take cuts of all of them. Find your favorite female to smoke since hazes (a hybrid) tend to vary a little bit (mexican x columbian x thai x indian). Then get about 2-3 packs of Zamaldelica regulars and plant every bean in 12/12. Find the spindliest, most stretchy, thai-ish looking zamaldelica male you can. Then take that male and thoroughly dust your favorite haze with it. If you create Hazedelica, you will be my hero. ;)

Last edited:

mr. gt

Thanks for the in depth response. One day I will dust the haze's. Until than ...well i have no idea...

MostlyMe

Veteran
If the acid pheno were really that worthwhile, I would have to imagine that Tom Hill would use them for breeding and offer an "Acid Haze" which logically would cost more than his regular haze line.

I think I've seen it mentioned somewhere Tom's haze does not breed true for the acid quality.

A little update on my strain selection, I changed the Jarilla for a pack of Mextiza. With the Oaxacan in it, I am a little more confident getting the euphoria. So now it's: Mextiza, Green Haze x Malawi, Double Thai and Mekong Haze. Should be quite the grow ;)

mr. gt

I think I've seen it mentioned somewhere Tom's haze does not breed true for the acid quality.

A little update on my strain selection, I changed the Jarilla for a pack of Mextiza. With the Oaxacan in it, I am a little more confident getting the euphoria. So now it's: Mextiza, Green Haze x Malawi, Double Thai and Mekong Haze. Should be quite the grow ;)

Lets keep this thread going!

Thanks for the info on toms haze. I am searching for multiple sativa varieties. Mainly for a clear anti anxiety day time high.

~mr. gt

MostlyMe

Veteran
Lets keep this thread going!

Thanks for the info on toms haze. I am searching for multiple sativa varieties. Mainly for a clear anti anxiety day time high.

~mr. gt

I am just about to start Bangi Haze (Ace) and Beyond the Brain (Mandala) for clear highs. I really hope they are not day time strains in my regular dose though ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I just cannot help myself: even though I am ill-equipped to grow long flowering, out of control sativa's, I want to give it a shot. What gives me confidence I can do it is I completed a Zamaldelica and a Panama with excellent results. Plus by now I know a vigorous plant can take enormous abuse. At one point I "LST'ed" a main stem off, and the plant didn't even flinch.

So anyway, I want to select three or four strains that cover most of the spectrum extreme sativa's can cover, with the following additional considerations:

- 100 % sativa only
- Anything up to 20 weeks is OK
- Preferably strains from different continents
- No African strains. I got those covered already
- Nothing too mellow or dreamy. I got that covered already as well.
- Decent growth rate. I want to grow 12/12 or 11/13 from seed, when finishing up another grow. I'm worried IBL's will not be vigorous enough.
- No room for pheno hunting

Ideally, I want one strain that gives crazy caffeinated energy and chaos, one that has a strong psychedelic dimension and one that is particularly good at inducing euphoria. These and "serenity" are the four basic pure sativa effects my research has turned up - feel free to add to it.

So... What strains would you guys recommend to me? Ace will no doubt be a major supplier of seeds in this grow, but if it's alright with Dubi maybe non-Ace recommendations may be mentioned too (or else PM perhaps). I felt this was the best place to ask anyway.

Thanks so much!

Hi MostlyMe,

I'm glad you enjoyed Zamaldelica and Panama and that you want to experience other sativas from our catalogue.

There are some very nice recommendations in the thread (thank you all! :yes: ), here are mine:

Crazy caffeinated energy and chaos -> Tikal std, Purple Haze Thai std, Golden Tiger fem (Double Thai x Malawi).

Strong psychedelic dimension -> I know you are not looking for africans, but Malawi and Golden tiger (std or fem) are without any doubt the best ones for this type of effects. Panama (red pheno) is also a good one.

Euphoria -> Zamaldelica std, Tikal std, Bangi Haze std, Congo fem, Double Thai std, Green and Purple Haze Malawi std, Guatemala std, Panama green pheno.

Serenity -> Nepal Jam and Orient Express.

I know some of the recommendation are not 100 % sativa, and some strains fit well in different areas but i think this are good choices to find what you are looking for.

Hope it helps! :)

MostlyMe

Veteran
Thank you Dubi, I was hoping you would chime in because you are probably the only one that know the whole Ace- catalog ;) After sort of settling on a selection, my strain anxiety is now again at peak levels :D

Dr.King

Veteran
Hi MostlyMe,

I'm glad you enjoyed Zamaldelica and Panama and that you want to experience other sativas from our catalogue.

There are some very nice recommendations in the thread (thank you all! :yes: ), here are mine:

Crazy caffeinated energy and chaos -> Tikal std, Purple Haze Thai std, Golden Tiger fem (Double Thai x Malawi).

Strong psychedelic dimension -> I know you are not looking for africans, but Malawi and Golden tiger (std or fem) are without any doubt the best ones for this type of effects. Panama (red pheno) is also a good one.

Euphoria -> Zamaldelica std, Tikal std, Bangi Haze std, Congo fem, Double Thai std, Green and Purple Haze Malawi std, Guatemala std, Panama green pheno.

Serenity -> Nepal Jam and Orient Express.

I know some of the recommendation are not 100 % sativa, and some strains fit well in different areas but i think this are good choices to find what you are looking for.

Hope it helps! :)

Thanks for going into great detail on which strains are best for what as a lot of people tend to ask. Easy post that can now be linked to other posts for conformation :woohoo:.

I do have one question. What is your take on your Green Haze Thai std? Effects/taste and anything else would be great to hear as I have 4 growing now. I don't see many people that have grown the Green Haze Thai std which is why I ask, any reasoning behind this? I doubt there is, probably people just prefer the "Purple" name. Thanks again Dubi.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Dr.King,

Guess Haze x Thais are not very popular strains between growers due the long flowering time and low yield, that's the reason why many old good sativas have been lost. Most growers prefer to grow indica dominant strains with a skunky afghani terpene profile that produce a decent yield indoors in about 2 months.

Yes, you are right. Usually growers choose the Purple over the Green, but both lines have the same quality potential, independently of the color.

They are slighty different (beside the color), Purple Haze Haze Thai aroma has red wine, black liquor and a bit of berry, while my latest Green Haze Thai selections have been bred towards a more floral type of aroma, and more compact size than Purple Haze Thai. Both lines share the woody incensey aromas that are typical in this kind of Haze Thai hybrids.

Best wishes with your Green Haze Thai grow!

Dr.King

Veteran
Hi Dr.King,

Guess Haze x Thais are not very popular strains between growers due the long flowering time and low yield, that's the reason why many old good sativas have been lost. Most growers prefer to grow indica dominant strains with a skunky afghani terpene profile that produce a decent yield indoors in about 2 months.

Yes, you are right. Usually growers choose the Purple over the Green, but both lines have the same quality potential, independently of the color.

They are slighty different (beside the color), Purple Haze Haze Thai aroma has red wine, black liquor and a bit of berry, while my latest Green Haze Thai selections have been bred towards a more floral type of aroma, and more compact size than Purple Haze Thai. Both lines share the woody incensey aromas that are typical in this kind of Haze Thai hybrids.

Best wishes with your Green Haze Thai grow!

Thanks Dubi, I have no doubt they will be special. Sounds like all of the Ace strains are going to be winners. Can't wait for them to be done, 4-5 months will be worth the effort and time. One month till my 2f x 3f Malawi scrog is done. She is looking gorgeous so far at week 5 day 6 with atleast 50 main colas. Lowering my Nitrogen slowly and upping my PK seems to be working fine without any burning. She is plumping up big for it being only week 5ish.

I forgot in my last post to also ask about your Laos Luang Prabang Sativa. I plan to run 5-8 of them next run. I have searched around and can't find anyone that has grown it. I would appreciate your insight on this strain because she sounds like a winner too.