What's new

Help me choose extreme sativa's

MostlyMe

Veteran
I just cannot help myself: even though I am ill-equipped to grow long flowering, out of control sativa's, I want to give it a shot. What gives me confidence I can do it is I completed a Zamaldelica and a Panama with excellent results. Plus by now I know a vigorous plant can take enormous abuse. At one point I "LST'ed" a main stem off, and the plant didn't even flinch.

So anyway, I want to select three or four strains that cover most of the spectrum extreme sativa's can cover, with the following additional considerations:

- 100 % sativa only
- Anything up to 20 weeks is OK
- Preferably strains from different continents
- No African strains. I got those covered already
- Nothing too mellow or dreamy. I got that covered already as well.
- Decent growth rate. I want to grow 12/12 or 11/13 from seed, when finishing up another grow. I'm worried IBL's will not be vigorous enough.
- No room for pheno hunting

Ideally, I want one strain that gives crazy caffeinated energy and chaos, one that has a strong psychedelic dimension and one that is particularly good at inducing euphoria. These and "serenity" are the four basic pure sativa effects my research has turned up - feel free to add to it.

So... What strains would you guys recommend to me? Ace will no doubt be a major supplier of seeds in this grow, but if it's alright with Dubi maybe non-Ace recommendations may be mentioned too (or else PM perhaps). I felt this was the best place to ask anyway.

Thanks so much!

Waldgeist

Double Thai - crazy caffeinated energy and chaos

cbg colombianas - a strong psychedelic dimension

a mexican - particularly good at inducing euphoria

and a nepal sativa - for "serenity"

but damn, no african? :biggrin:

what kind of spectrum you got from the zamaldelica?

:tiphat:

PurpleBuz

maybe try out mangobiche ? shes very vigorous and long flowering. might be ideal as a clone and put in floweing photoperiod as soon as she roots up well.

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
Tom Hill's Haze sounds like it'd fit your bill. I'd bet there are a few different plants in there that would probably cover more than one base too. Have a couple packs of this in the vault but when I run it I want to run them all open pollination so I have seeds for a lifetime.

I'm just starting on my own Zamal looking for something profound. I enjoy racy paranoid strains quite a bit, but there is room for more than that.

Destroyer seems to have some very energetic phenotypes based on what I've researched, but again, I have not grown it.

MostlyMe

Veteran
My response in bold and italic :)

Double Thai - crazy caffeinated energy and chaos

Yes, that one looks like a great candidate

cbg colombianas - a strong psychedelic dimension

Skeptical about that one, the high is described as rather narcotic. It does seem all psychedelic strains are not very energetic though

a mexican - particularly good at inducing euphoria

Can't find any pure mexican genetics ATM :(

and a nepal sativa - for "serenity"

Not looking for that :)

but damn, no african?

I am growing Africans separately next grow :D

what kind of spectrum you got from the zamaldelica?

Rather comfortable and clear high, a little trippy and defocussed. I like it!

Thank you kind sir! :tiphat:

maybe try out mangobiche ? shes very vigorous and long flowering. might be ideal as a clone and put in floweing photoperiod as soon as she roots up well.

As said, rather skeptical about that one.

Tom Hill's Haze sounds like it'd fit your bill. I'd bet there are a few different plants in there that would probably cover more than one base too. Have a couple packs of this in the vault but when I run it I want to run them all open pollination so I have seeds for a lifetime.

I'm just starting on my own Zamal looking for something profound. I enjoy racy paranoid strains quite a bit, but there is room for more than that.

Destroyer seems to have some very energetic phenotypes based on what I've researched, but again, I have not grown it.

Had a look at Tom's haze indeed. Can you elaborate on the pheno expression? I cannot grow more than 5 at a time. Seems like green or purple haze thai (thai cross for the vigour) might be better options as far as predictability goes...

i have a feeling that malawi fits your bill..

It does, but for another grow :)

PurpleBuz

As said, rather skeptical about that one.

:)

Understand on mangobiche, might be too dreamy, euphoric or you. But was pondering what your looking for and it might be a difficult combo.

I don't think you can get chaos at the same time as euphoria. maybe at different stages of the high, but then thats more a relief from the chaos.

MostlyMe

Veteran
Understand on mangobiche, might be too dreamy, euphoric or you. But was pondering what your looking for and it might be a difficult combo.

I don't think you can get chaos at the same time as euphoria. maybe at different stages of the high, but then thats more a relief from the chaos.

Please note I can pick three or four strains, each for a different high. Double Thai covers the crazy energy, still looking at candidates for psychedelic effects and, separately, for euphoria. I wonder if you can find either of those without a dreamy quality. Double Thai should provide enough chaos, don't need that in my psychedelic or euphoric candidates.

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
Ideally, I want one strain that gives crazy caffeinated energy and chaos, one that has a strong psychedelic dimension and one that is particularly good at inducing euphoria. These and "serenity" are the four basic pure sativa effects my research has turned up - feel free to add to it.

Energy
Anything with thai in it. Double thai will be the purest form of this. Green old timers haze will also do this, but can require longer flowering times than 20 weeks. Ace's green haze x thai will be faster and more in line with what youre looking for - smokeable caffeine with a hint of psychedelic.
Panama is also a good selection here, though I tend to think of it as more "party smoke" in that its very social and positive.
Congo is another one to consider, its a solid hybrid with a "premium" sativa high as Dubi puts it.

Chaos + Psychedelic
Zamaldelica regulars are the best you're going to find for this application. Depending on pheno, you're going to range from Golden Tiger-ish (paralyzingly potent) to Zamal-Thai-ish (energetic, almost hallucinogenic?).

Serenity
NepJam - mild energy, mellow and happy. Very spicoli-like smile inducing line.
China Yunnan - super happy, positive, calm, feel good stuff.
Pakistan Chitral x Orient Express - PCK is mellow and tasty but yields awfully, OE fixes that and adds a bit more social and a bit less couchlock.

Other things you might like
Destroyer - very clear, very up, very ADD-hey you guys wanna go ride bikes?
Durban Poison - too "scary" for me to smoke at night, but surely chaotic and heart-through-the-chest paranoia inducing.
White Widow - yeah yeah, its a production line, but it has a solid soaring central American high and its pretty bomb proof.

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
guatemala is pure, and borders mexico... basically is a mexican strain for all intents and purposes.

I am not sure if nirvana's El Dorado is hybridized or if it is an IBL? but it is based on oaxacan.

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
I have found a very nice sativa dominant Black Widow. Highly energetic and clear. Flowers over 12 weeks. I don't think it's that uncommon either. I know it's not pure but I thought I'd mention it since someone else already mentioned White Widow. Just thought I'd confirm the thought.

As far as phenotypical expression of TH's Haze is concerned - my understanding is Haze lines tend to be quite diverse in their output, especially if not selected. Tom has simply been preserving the line and hasn't done any selection (people who do do selection have reported inbreeding issues but that's another story). So you can expect plants ranging from Thai to Mexican to Columbian I'd imagine. There is a report of a highly lyseric phenotype that can be found as well. I've never seen anyone disappointed by his line.

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
My Tom Hill Haze was very different than Ace's Haze line. The Tom Hill Haze was thought provoking and introspective to the point you'd get completely lost in your own inner monologue. Carrying on conversation was useless, you'd be somewhere in left field the entire time. Tom's haze was also substantially less energetic than Ace's green hazes, even a bit more mellow than Ace's purple hazes.

picture.php

mr. gt

im hoarding 5 packs of toms haze myself. I also have tom hills haze x deep chunk

mr. gt

My Tom Hill Haze was very different than Ace's Haze line. The Tom Hill Haze was thought provoking and introspective to the point you'd get completely lost in your own inner monologue. Carrying on conversation was useless, you'd be somewhere in left field the entire time. Tom's haze was also substantially less energetic than Ace's green hazes, even a bit more mellow than Ace's purple hazes.

View Image

which phenos have you come across? im in search of the infamous purple haze acid pheno

PurpleBuz

Please note I can pick three or four strains, each for a different high. Double Thai covers the crazy energy, still looking at candidates for psychedelic effects and, separately, for euphoria. I wonder if you can find either of those without a dreamy quality. Double Thai should provide enough chaos, don't need that in my psychedelic or euphoric candidates.

oh I thought all in one strain ... my bad

MostlyMe

Veteran
Energy
Anything with thai in it. Double thai will be the purest form of this. Green old timers haze will also do this, but can require longer flowering times than 20 weeks. Ace's green haze x thai will be faster and more in line with what youre looking for - smokeable caffeine with a hint of psychedelic.
Panama is also a good selection here, though I tend to think of it as more "party smoke" in that its very social and positive.
Congo is another one to consider, its a solid hybrid with a "premium" sativa high as Dubi puts it.

Double Thai is a go. I grew CBG Panama, which had a rather calm high, not very energetic. Very nice, but if Ace's Panama is similar, I don't want to repeat it. As for Congo, I am currently growing Bangi Haze, so let's see how that pans out

Chaos + Psychedelic
Zamaldelica regulars are the best you're going to find for this application. Depending on pheno, you're going to range from Golden Tiger-ish (paralyzingly potent) to Zamal-Thai-ish (energetic, almost hallucinogenic?).

I grew the femmed version, so I didn't think about this strain, but obviously the regs are something else entirely. Definitely something to consider

Serenity
NepJam - mild energy, mellow and happy. Very spicoli-like smile inducing line.
China Yunnan - super happy, positive, calm, feel good stuff.
Pakistan Chitral x Orient Express - PCK is mellow and tasty but yields awfully, OE fixes that and adds a bit more social and a bit less couchlock.

Not looking for serenity this round, but all of these are on my to do list

Other things you might like
Destroyer - very clear, very up, very ADD-hey you guys wanna go ride bikes?
Durban Poison - too "scary" for me to smoke at night, but surely chaotic and heart-through-the-chest paranoia inducing.
White Widow - yeah yeah, its a production line, but it has a solid soaring central American high and its pretty bomb proof.

Got Destroyer and a DP cross in my vault. I am too snobbish to grow WW :biggrin:

guatemala is pure, and borders mexico... basically is a mexican strain for all intents and purposes.

I am not sure if nirvana's El Dorado is hybridized or if it is an IBL? but it is based on oaxacan.

Good point, though the typical euphoria inducing strains are from the highlands if I am not mistaken, not the jungle.

As far as phenotypical expression of TH's Haze is concerned - my understanding is Haze lines tend to be quite diverse in their output, especially if not selected. Tom has simply been preserving the line and hasn't done any selection (people who do do selection have reported inbreeding issues but that's another story). So you can expect plants ranging from Thai to Mexican to Columbian I'd imagine. There is a report of a highly lyseric phenotype that can be found as well. I've never seen anyone disappointed by his line.

I think TH's Haze warrants a separate grow at some point :tiphat:

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good point, though the typical euphoria inducing strains are from the highlands if I am not mistaken, not the jungle.

possibly, I have not grown them yet... I am just going by the ACE description which says its a euphoric feel good vibe similar to most mexicans (paraphrased)

Ed Borg

Send us a SASE to D9Labs Postbus 14886, 1001LJ Amsterdam, NL and I will gift you some of our Mekong Haze landrace from Cambodia:) I will send 20 seeds each to the next 100 people I receive info from. 1LOVE, Ed at Delta-9 Labs

MostlyMe

Veteran
Send us a SASE to D9Labs Postbus 14886, 1001LJ Amsterdam, NL and I will gift you some of our Mekong Haze landrace from Cambodia:) I will send 20 seeds each to the next 100 people I receive info from. 1LOVE, Ed at Delta-9 Labs

That is an offer I cannot refuse ;) Thanks, it's in the mail already!