What's new

5Lbs/1Kw Challenge-The Quest for 80 Zips with Galactic Grape

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Well done mate, as others have said your attention to detail in this thread has been spot on, I need to recap on what was done as I been absent for a minute.... Glad you pulled a great harvest even if the 5lb mark wasn't hit, I'm sure you can better it with the clinical notes and observations you made throughout the grow.

Thanks for sharing homie!!

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank you all for your comments! I truely appreciate your attention and participation in this thread.

I'm going to take about a week off from this thread and just recooperate for a moment.

however - The Dream is Still Alive!

When I get back, I'll post some pix of the annex bloom room, and start strategisin on how we can do better, and take a peek at the clones.

In the mean time:

- If you are seriously interested in the rookie flo grow together:

I'm guessing we will start the process in month or so. Here's what you will need to participate:

AeroFlo 36 or equivilant(there's a lot of room for variation here)

Cloner - reccomend 48 site unit.

A mom plant ready to put out 24 clippings. I suggest a monocrop run for your first attempt. If you must run more than one individual - they must be very simular.

Camera - You should be able to take decent pix. Good enough for documentation and diagnosis of problems.

I will personally support all participants from day 1 to chop. I would like to find at least 2 more folks. If interested or have questions - just lemme know!

- I am looking for great girls from many different vendors. Right now in process I'm looking at: Sun Maiden, TrippxBB, Flame thrower, Grape Stomper OG, Midnight Madness, and others as test beans arrive. I'm starting about 1 test run a month through the end of the year.

Thanks again for your interest. Let's move this place forward. Together.

-AK

usda101

You deserve some time off Aero great grow . Im following Rfortunes aero build , An a month gives me time to participate in rookie flo grow , See u soon .

zor

great job and nice thread aero. this journal is one of the best i've seen since the OG days. Huge yields with a relatively simple setup without much maintenance. What more could one ask for.

This all but smashes the whole 'horizontal vs vertical' debate and shows the forum what some older heads already knew. Horizontal grows can yield just as much as a vertical grow. (aka more canopy space does not equal more yeilds). Its up to the skill of the grower.

The next time some one makes the claim 'turn your bulb vertical and double your yield', ill point them to this thread :)

mack10 right mate no way is that right,, nice try , you must think we are all green behind the ears, ,your scales are well out , sorry dude..

junior_grower

what do you want him to do? Mail it to you so you can double check the weight? Bro he gains nothing adding weight? Or is the game of Knar and he gets extra Knar points?

Dude had hell of a grow well documented? lots of photos? what more do you expect?

mr. gt

long timelurker here. truly respectable. ive been following along for a while now. im sure we all wish we could join you next time, but who knows.... :p have you thought about the next step up? i sure have to say the least. they have 2 foot wide versions by 7 long. (possibly 2 side by side). what about going down to 600w to be efficient, but with more lights?(assuming bigger setup or same) Im not an expert as some are here, but heath used a 600 for a reason with his octagon. but this is a sog and im more familiar with scrog/lst. btw i wish i could get some of that #4 pheno.

and as zor said this smashes my whole vert is the way to go theory. waaay simpler i think than heaths octagon and way simpler to build/maintain imo. it definitly doesnt smash it on gpw effiecency but its still damn comparable, not to be an ass. ive been looking for a simpler setup and this is it. you......i mean we need that golden strain now...

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
long timelurker here. truly respectable. ive been following along for a while now. im sure we all wish we could join you next time, but who knows.... :p have you thought about the next step up? i sure have to say the least. they have 2 foot wide versions by 7 long. (possibly 2 side by side). what about going down to 600w to be efficient, but with more lights?(assuming bigger setup or same) Im not an expert as some are here, but heath used a 600 for a reason with his octagon. but this is a sog and im more familiar with scrog/lst. btw i wish i could get some of that #4 pheno.

and as zor said this smashes my whole vert is the way to go theory. waaay simpler i think than heaths octagon and way simpler to build/maintain imo. it definitly doesnt smash it on gpw effiecency but its still damn comparable, not to be an ass. ive been looking for a simpler setup and this is it. you......i mean we need that golden strain now...

plenty of golden strains out there that can do this what ak has done is really good he's really looked into maximising this plant to the max he's put alot of effort and research into growing it to the max,he's got the skills for sure

I have one that can produce mega yields and I'm still currently trying to maximise the plant to its full potential

ak's attention to detail and effort in this thread has pointed me in the right direction

thanks ak

peace and vibes

i

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm back and ready to start planning the next GLG run soon. But first let me address a couple things.

On scales and measures -

There is just no way to completely verify anything across the net. I think this thread is one of the most documented grows ever done here. I have far too many balls in the air, to try to keep track of a web of deception, or to really care if you agree with my numbers.

The reason I post here is not to win a "wet shoes contest". I post to encourage every grower to do better, and to explore the possibilities of what they can kraft. I post here to encourage others to step up and show us what they have learned - so I can learn.

You are free to call BS as you see it. This is an open board after all. My only request is that you be constructive about it.

sides - I'd be out of business long ago if I passed short sacks or wet weed.

On to much more interesting things . . .

The Aero Flo Rookie Grow Together organizational thread is open!

Check it out here: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=242304

I'm really excited about this. We already have 2 participants and 2 mentors!

Connoisseur Genetics has agreed to help sponsor the thread and is giving free stuff to participants!

My vision of this is to get the whole site behind these rookies to help and cheer them on to success. This place has the potential to be a much more proactive positive place for folks to share and learn.

If you are thinking about taking the leap to aero - this is your best chance at success!

Next week I'll post some shots of the annex and clone progress.

Thank you all for your comments and questions!

-AK

Mister_D

Veteran
"You must spread some rep blah blah" K+ aero :good:. It's been a pleasure to follow along, and I look forward to what you contribute in the future. You're not doing something right if people aren't hating ;). Don't worry about the people that are too small minded to realize this thread isn't about the end result and how much it weighed. It's about all the excellent tips and tricks that were shared with the community. Thanks again aero, you put alot of work into this thread and it shows. Should be a sticky IMO.

bickeyb

been following this grow since day 1 and i gotta tell you GREAT JOB! very healthy and robust plants! But i to have to question final weight :-? .. But if u did hit 3 plus congrats! I grow a strain that is a very high yielder and cant get over 2 lb mark .. im sure u could get it to do it ;)

BobbySparkle

I'm back and ready to start planning the next GLG run soon. But first let me address a couple things.

On scales and measures -

There is just no way to completely verify anything across the net. I think this thread is one of the most documented grows ever done here. I have far too many balls in the air, to try to keep track of a web of deception, or to really care if you agree with my numbers.

The reason I post here is not to win a "wet shoes contest". I post to encourage every grower to do better, and to explore the possibilities of what they can kraft. I post here to encourage others to step up and show us what they have learned - so I can learn.

You are free to call BS as you see it. This is an open board after all. My only request is that you be constructive about it.

sides - I'd be out of business long ago if I passed short sacks or wet weed.

On to much more interesting things . . .

The Aero Flo Rookie Grow Together organizational thread is open!

Check it out here: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=242304

I'm really excited about this. We already have 2 participants and 2 mentors!

Connoisseur Genetics has agreed to help sponsor the thread and is giving free stuff to participants!

My vision of this is to get the whole site behind these rookies to help and cheer them on to success. This place has the potential to be a much more proactive positive place for folks to share and learn.

If you are thinking about taking the leap to aero - this is your best chance at success!

Next week I'll post some shots of the annex and clone progress.

Thank you all for your comments and questions!

-AK

Do that shit homie, " proactive" yeah what he said. I look forward too it!

smoooth

I'm in for the next one bud. Can't wait to see what you can do with it and am very thankful for people such as yourself posting as much detail as possible.
People always be sipping on hatorade. I just find it easiest to ignore them especially in this thread because the end results is not what this is about, but the journey getting there.
Best of luck with the next one and I'll be keeping a close eye on it.

250wscrogger

Nice work!
3+ per 1k!
You should be proud....
I've pulled enough crops to know that's no BS....
If I could consistently get over 2.5# per 1k I'd be happy.

supermanlives

Veteran
good job man . you got me beat . most i ever got was slightly over 2lbs. keep up da good work . dont bother with the haters. there will always be some .

BudMuncher1

What a killer grow log! You killed it bro! I just recently hit 1.5 on 9 plants and that was huge for me. Your buds are more than twice their size. No larf! That makes a huge diference right there on final weight. Im sure you can do 4lb's on the next run!

Don't be hating cause this man is putting down some real work and sharing it with everyone. I for one GREATLY APPRECIATE it!

redbudduckfoot

Veteran
Love this thread, and about made my mind up about joining the grow along. I am torn about wether or not I wanna purchase one or make it. I'm a DIY oriented dude, but I feel like the build that RF detailed in his log was kinda time consuming.

As far as yield, that was def 3lb. Why would u lie? Anyways, I know as long as I keep my Rez temps down I'll hit 2.5 with my sourD cut, because it explodes in hydro and blumats. No larf is real important. When all the bud is rock hard, 2.5-3 oz plants are easy.

Respect,

RBDF

Latest posts

Latest posts