What's new

5Lbs/1Kw Challenge-The Quest for 80 Zips with Galactic Grape

You inspire me

You inspire me

Aerokrafter, you inspire me to be more diligent in my growing. I will be trying your bloom nute mix on my next run and to take more detailed notes of my strains to push them to their full potential. How about a tip and tricks on your prune/stretch stopping methods??? Could use some help in that department with my og18. Thanks and good luck:woohoo:

usda101

Whats up Aero hope u took a day or two to recoup from a great run . Im presently getting Mothers and materials ready for the rookie aerogrow cant wait to get started .

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
August Update

I had to send off my GLG clones. So I had to take a new set:

This puts me on a 30 day clock to start the next round of the challenge. I am still engineering the GLG Annex - so this will give me a kick in the butt. I'll get some shots soon on that.

I have also started the Rookie AeroFlo Grow Together.

You can find that here: http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=243325

Thank you all for your comments.

-AK

Excuse me if you already mentioned this before. What is the pump used in this system and what is the psi? Also, i read that you go 2 weeks between res changes, do you add nutrients to the res between changes or let it go?

I really enjoy this thread and am learning alot.

Thanks.

smoooth

Lol...great grow. You are 100% full of shit on the yield numbers, but still a good grow log.

Yikesy, have you ever run aero? Do you have anything to compare too? I doubt it. So before you come in here running your mouth, think before you speak. I'm sick of people like you coming in here, making snide comments without anything productive to say.
This grow was not about the end numbers but the journey getting there.
This man has documented this grow very well and has been nothing but upfront with what is going on.

Anyways, can't wait for the next run bud. This thread has been a great read and given me a lot of tips and tricks.

Ive been running aero for 3 years and have had systems that i built that are almost identical to this. So ive been following this thread with great interest from day one.

Great thread! here to learn.

Last edited:

smoooth

Farmhouse, thanks for posting the pics your plants look great!
Aero did state that this strain he is running is a very high yielding pheno he found in a pack of galactic grape.
With your average strain I don't see these numbers being possible, but I have grown a few strains that yielded crazy huge buds that I could see hitting these numbers in a dialed setup. But like most you sacrifice some quality for the yield which is why alot of people steer away from them and why I got rid of the cuts I had. I prefer quality over quantity but there is just something about seeing massive huge buds.

redbudduckfoot

Veteran
Fuck the haters. Desert Squirrel over at DaFarm is getting 4+ per light with dwc UC. That's 2g per watt, one plant per light. Plant numbers dictate yield, and if he can do that with one plant per 1k, then there is no reason aerokrafter couldn't get 3 lb with 18 plants.

Just because you can't come close to these numbers doesn't mean someone else more experienced can't. It's amazing how negative people are toward aero,who is only here to help us become better at our passion.

Blumats have helped me break 1g per watt in vert, so in dialed in hydro, I believe the sky's the limit.

RBDF

Yikesy

Yikesy, have you ever run aero? Do you have anything to compare too? I doubt it. So before you come in here running your mouth, think before you speak. I'm sick of people like you coming in here, making snide comments without anything productive to say.
This grow was not about the end numbers but the journey getting there.
This man has documented this grow very well and has been nothing but upfront with what is going on.

Anyways, can't wait for the next run bud. This thread has been a great read and given me a lot of tips and tricks.

It's not a matter of running aero bud. I've been growing indoors for well over a decade. I haven't run less than 5 lights in about 7 years and I can look at a table and roughly tell the final weight within a half pound or so. This guy is 1000% fabricating his yield numbers. That isn't within a pound of 3.2! He is completely and unequivically full of shit.

Im not saying he isn't a great grower who put together an awesome grow journal, he is just a liar when it comes to his yield. Anyone who believes that what you saw in his final pics will weigh out to 3.2 pounds has never grown any substantial amount of weight.

It's reminicant of the OG days when every 16 year old was yielding over a pound from their cfl computer CPU setup with 3 plants in Dixie cups.

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's not a matter of running aero bud. I've been growing indoors for well over a decade. I haven't run less than 5 lights in about 7 years and I can look at a table and roughly tell the final weight within a half pound or so. This guy is 1000% fabricating his yield numbers. That isn't within a pound of 3.2! He is completely and unequivically full of shit.

Im not saying he isn't a great grower who put together an awesome grow journal, he is just a liar when it comes to his yield. Anyone who believes that what you saw in his final pics will weigh out to 3.2 pounds has never grown any substantial amount of weight.

It's reminicant of the OG days when every 16 year old was yielding over a pound from their cfl computer CPU setup with 3 plants in Dixie cups.

Aerokrafter has been growing this way for years. He is a professional.

I have never seen any other professional come on a forum such as this and share as much as he has with us.

If you are feeling inadequate as a grower then I recommend you spend more time trying to improve your skills.

I think that it is disrespectful of you to troll this thread just because you are insecure and angry about you lack of success growing.

R.Fortune

redbudduckfoot

Veteran
dude, your looking at a picture on a computer. grows always look smaller in pics, half the reason i dont like taking pictures, shit never looks impessive without a good camera/lighting.

next your gonna tell me the flat garden in my pics is only gonna yield 16oz. lol. I get 1 gram per watt now that i use blumats; like i said, with high flow hydro(DWC, aero,) the shys the limit. and everyone knows small, dialed in grows will yield a better gpw that larger, less paid attention to grows, where is DHF when u need him. lol.

RBDF

Yikesy

Aerokrafter has been growing this way for years. He is a professional.

I have never seen any other professional come on a forum such as this and share as much as he has with us.

If you are feeling inadequate as a grower then I recommend you spend more time trying to improve your skills.

I think that it is disrespectful of you to troll this thread just because you are insecure and angry about you lack of success growing.

R.Fortune

I'm not making a comment on him as a grower or a person, he just lies about numbers. That doesn't make him a bad person, but that's reality. I can guarantee you that I've been growing longer and under more wattage than him, but that is irrelevant. The fact is, that's not 3.2 pounds, or anywhere close to it.

St3ve

I'm not making a comment on him as a grower or a person, he just lies about numbers. That doesn't make him a bad person, but that's reality. I can guarantee you that I've been growing longer and under more wattage than him, but that is irrelevant. The fact is, that's not 3.2 pounds, or anywhere close to it.

He can't prove he's right, any more than you can prove that he's wrong. But the fact of the matter is.. you can't know how your skill compares to his, or how your strains compare to his. To say "I can't do it so no one can" is silly. And just because you can "eyeball" what your room produces with your strains in your environment doesn't mean shit. I'm sorry but that's just silly too.. I have seen five gallon buckets side by side filled to the TOP with bud and literally had one strain put up over three times the weight, but for the same volume. Some strains can just get SO dense there is NO WAY for you to know without growing all strains yourself. I mean even you just saying "I can guarantee" this and that makes you sound more foolish. The only thing you can "guarantee" is what your skill level can produce in your room.

No one knows for sure.. but you bitching about what you think in someone else s thread is ignorant and rude.

Kit Kat

On top of everything St3ve and others said the quality of information in this thread is extremely high and if your assumption after everything posted is that 'he's lying about the numbers' that says much more about you than the OP.

Aero, thank you for taking the time to post everything have, the good and the bad.

Yikesy

Lol, okay fellas. You can hold on to those hoop dreams if you want. I didn't say it wasn't possible, nor did I say anything about me not being able to replicate his results. When you've grown for over a decade, you can estimate a yield within a reasonable amount. I don't care how dense the buds were, that's not over 1.5, let alone 3.2, lol.

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
Lol, okay fellas. You can hold on to those hoop dreams if you want. I didn't say it wasn't possible, nor did I say anything about me not being able to replicate his results. When you've grown for over a decade, you can estimate a yield within a reasonable amount. I don't care how dense the buds were, that's not over 1.5, let alone 3.2, lol.
well could be 3.2 bow ifn he trimmed and let out the door like in his 1st pg pics
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=35419&pictureid=842567

but trimmed like i trim which is for no real stem just dense buds i would say 1.5 - 1.75

i would like to add theres mucho good info for any1 wishing to try this method.

i do trim my buds as if they where going for hightimes mag photo shoots i look at the bud an say would i really buy that befor im done trimming lol but thats me :)