What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Aero Flo Rookie Grow Together Organizational Thread

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Aero Rookie Grow Together Organizational Thread

If you have thought about trying an aero flo, but was concerned over the cost or the complexity of running one of these, have we got news for you!

The Aero Flo Rookie Grow together!

Here’s the plan:
We will group together as many rookies(or near rookies) as possible, and go through their first run together. From clones to chop. Together we will take care of any problems along the way to ensure the best possible results. My self and other mentors will be available for fast support.

Timing:
Our goal is to be into the Flos by the first half of September, which means taking clones around the beginning of August. So I want to find as many participants by then.

DIY Thread:
One of the participants, Robert Fortune, is hosting a thread building one of these for about a third of the cost of buying one from GH.

Check it out here: http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=239623

Get Free Stuff!
Connoisseur Genetics has agreed to help sponsor the grow together and will gift a pack of seeds to all participants that complete the grow. Other seed companies are welcome to join the fun and help encourage our rookies to make it all the way.

I hope that we can generate cross board synergy with this adventure, bring folks together, and grow some great weed. All with just positive karma - Everyone wins!

This thread is to explore the interest level and get organized. If we are aiming to start up the Aero Flos in September, we need to get started soon. So I figure we have about two weeks to get organized.

Remember you won’t need the Aero Flo(or equivalent) until the beginning of September.

If you are interested in being a participant or a mentor, please drop me a note.

Our Current List of Participants 7/20:
Mentors:
Aerokrafter
Abellguy

Participants:
Robert Fortune
usda101

We will use this thread to figure out how to plan and flesh this out further. I don’t want to make it over complicated - this train is rolling soon.

Tell us what you think!

-AK

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Aerokrafter,

Thanks for putting this together for us! This thread is really about trying to grow the best cannabis possible.

I would say that this is wonderful opportunity learn and share with the community.

Please feel welcome to join us!

R.Fortune

just kind of curious, not hating.

Everyone i see run aeroflo's seems to do it for a run or two and than gives up for something else.

Maybe i'm missing out on the people who grow exclusively all year around in aeroflos, but are there any out there? I'd like to know if people feel it as being a good long term investment.

Id love to get in on this ...only if i can do it with the system i already made ,which is the stinkbuds.com version 2 I believe ...thanks in adv ..shrpshooter

abellguy

Sweet this is gonna rock :D I knew it was cause I was confused thanks AK I feel like my hands are still trimming but I am trying to make them type!

just kind of curious, not hating.

Everyone i see run aeroflo's seems to do it for a run or two and than gives up for something else.

Maybe i'm missing out on the people who grow exclusively all year around in aeroflos, but are there any out there? I'd like to know if people feel it as being a good long term investment.

I would say that the number one reason people give up on aero is heat. Very hard to deal with when you move into having multiple lights in one room or similar situations.

Not to take away from this thread but look at like Stinkbud that has thousands on his method. With building a system like RobertFortune has laid out you can build a much more professional system and configure whatever size you want even commercial. The main thing to always keep in mind is temperature it has to be number one on your list of importance when running aero.

I ran a 56 site 4K system for a year and half even through the summer and had Liquid Lumen lights so I know it can be done and know their are others doing it. It is much more complicated than it looks in some ways because of the speed everything is happening but once you learn that it becomes very easy as long as your temps ALWAYS stay in check.

Hope you check out the thread cause there will be a lot of good information shared in here I am sure.

Thanks AK for putting this together I am looking forward to seeing what people come up with on their builds :rasta:

Dark Helmet

couldnt agree more abell temps main thing, i just think people start to freak out more when something goes wrong because when it goes wrong in aero it happens quick

the gnome

Veteran
this sounds great, I talked to aero back in may/june about getting an aero set up and would he help me along the way.
he told me about this and I'm glad to see it coming together
unfortunately I'm going to have to pass due to priority's setting up a new bloom room and the xtra equipment needed.

but I will be actively lurking during the grows :peek:

good luck everyone!

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I'm interested, i loved your thread and I've seen a couple of these units running before.
I have an extra 5x5 tent and an aircooled hood. the thing that troubles me is getting good airflow in a space that small. no room for oscillating fans in there with the rig and all that bud.

if I'm going to rig up an aeroflo I think i would build it out of wood though, maybe like med-mans rig?

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is going to be so much fun!

- R. Fortune

Thank you my friend, your enthusiasm is infectious! We wouldn't be here doing this thread without you.

- ninjagaiden

The reason you hear of so many one and doners is that it is easy to screw up - specially if you are by yourself with no one to help.
However the awesome growth and production potential are real. So the problem becomes how to get experience without loosing your ass and waisting your time.

Thus the reason for doing the grow together. Having experienced backup makes a huge difference. You will get all the recipes for nutes - the number 1 stumbling block, and several sets of experienced eyes quickly analysing your problems.

- shrpshooter

The stinkbud setup is a DIY version of an aeroflo. He attributes them early in his start. However the nutes we will be using are different. So yes, if you want to grow together, let's do it!

- abellguy

Thank you so much for volunteering as a mentor. I look forward to working with you as we shepard these guys along.

On the heat - I used to use a drop in chiller for every unit - at about $1,700 a pop. Zone and Silica do a good enough job alone that rezes can handle temps into the 80's. I partially attribute the recovery in the GLG run to these as well.

- the gnome

Too bad ya can't join us - but glad to have you along for the ride!

- Chunkypigs

I'm open to any "spash-o-ponic" style system. We are using the af 36 as a base, but basically anything simular qualifies.

Thank you all for your interest!

I'll flesh out more details and start looking at the calendar tommorow. I have one more day of many balls needing to get retossed and then this project will be the center of my attention.

keep the questions rolling!

-AK

abellguy

Are you saying that with zone and silica you can let your water go into the '80s? Or is that the temperature of the room? Do you have an average temperature on your rezi from the galactic grape run?

I used a regular chiller for mine on a recycle pump but always hated the fact that the pump added heat that the chiller had to take out. The drop in kind seems more efficient :rasta:

mr. gt

a good thread to lurk on ...finally.... i wish my timing was better. hopefully next round for me

redbudduckfoot

Veteran
might be down, im a huge fan of small, dialed in grows. got the space, lets see Robert Fortunes build then i will decide.

RBDF

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Let us know as soon as you have names confirmed and we can get seeds sorted out asap.
Super excited about this, its something i wanna give a try myself when i get a bit more spare time.
Peace

I am Deff in on this ..are we gona all be running the ame seed stock or using cuts that we already have ?? I have Rezs chem ibl in bloom now and have cuts rooted and ready , but thought of we were all using same seed stock this might be a lil easier ,exp for the people that haven't run aero before .if that made any sense ,,very high on the grape candy this am ..shrpshooter..

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've finally got my plate cleared and this project is now my primary focus here.

Start time

I want to be in the Aero Flos by Sept 15. I have found the best size clone for most strains is around a total of 35 days in the cloner - including veg time. This puts us around August 8 to be the target date to take clones.

I will do this run with you guys. I plan on doing Gran Doggy Purps and will take clones aroung Aug 1.

For an AeroFlo 36 I will take 24 clones that I will select the best 18 to flower.

All participants need to start planning their calendar for the grow - give those moms a lil boost and get ready to clip soon.

Nutes:

In order for me to diagnose any potential issues - everyone needs to be on the same nute regimen.

We will using some of the cheapest nutes - but you should still budget $150 for all the nutes you will need.

You will need:

For Bloom:
Dutch Master Gold Flower A and B
Dutch Master Zone
Dutch Master Silica
pH Down
GH Kool Bloom
Gh Floralicious

1 liter bottles of A and B will get you through the whole run, while we will use only small amounts of the others.

Sneak Preview:

We will be following the procedures laid out in the Tips n Trix thread listed in my sig below. Please take some time and go through it.

Later on today I'll list optional equipment and go through everything we will need.

Added to the participant list: zane78219 and shrpshooter

Welcome aboard!

-AK

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Required and Optional Equipment

Required Equipment:

- Aero Flo 36 or equilivent

Basically any "splashoponic" design will work. I'm working with a 5' x 5' footprint - flowering 18 plants. Your plant numbers and footprints may vary by design. Just make sure there is enough area for simular sized plants.

- pH and TDS meter

You must be able to measure. We will figure out your conversion - whatever model you have.

- Decent Camera

You need to be able to take good enough photos for documentation and for us to diagnose any problems.

- Dutch Master Nutes and RO water

For me to give you proven recipes, you have to have the ingredients. You will need DM Gold flower A & B, DM Silica and Zone, GH Kool Bloom and Floralicious. Everyone's tap water is different - some may just be fine. Most are not. To reduce variables please use RO water.

- Paper Documentation

You will need tracking data sheets simular to what I use. There are pix in Tips n Trix thread of blank ones. In order to figure out where you are going - you need to know where you have been.

Optional Equipment

- Light Mover

This works great with an AF36 and the footprint. I figure its worth %15 production. It also allows you to adjust the "pillow" of the canopy. It is highly reccomended.

- Foliar Sprays

I use foliar sprays for about the first 3 weeks. They are not required but reccomended. I use DM Liquid Light with saturator. About $100 gets you 6 months to a years worth of spray.

- Trellis

I use a trellis for almost every strain. There may be exceptions - but for most - we will need to make trellis blocks and get small bungie cords to build a trellis.

-------

I think I have most everything covered here. If you have any questions or ideas - please feel free to comment.

I'm going to do the run with you guys. I will do a run of GDP. They need 38 days of cloner time so I will be taking clones in a couple days.

We are just trying to be close together - so you have plenty of wiggle room if you are interested in joining along.

Please go over these items and lets discuss. I'll open the official thread and we will start with moms and cloning in a couple days.

So build your checklist and timelines and lets get started!

-AK

Latest posts

Latest posts