What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My 13 year old just got expelled for 2 years over a bud of marijuana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baddog40

Let me start off by saying I don't condone marijuana use by kids whatsoever but I would like to hear others thoughts on this.

My son who just turned 13 last month was given a small bud about the size of a quarter from another kid in his school who had taken some from his moms stash. Who knows why he accepted it but he did. So him and another kid were in the bathroom and my kid was showing the other kid the bud and in walked a teacher. So they took them to the principals office and called me to come down there. When I got there the principal told me he had called the police and he was going to push for felony distribution charges, he apparently had it in his head there was a sale trying to take place. Neither kid admitted to this and both said he was showing it to him. So the police come, asked me if he could speak to my son and I told him no. The cop said 'thats fine, we have everything we need anyway' and wrote us a ticket for possession. In the meantime the principal had typed something up expelling him from the district for 2 years! There is a hearing date to go in front of the school board but the principal said at the hearing they will determine if he will be allowed to go to a school for problem kids. WTF?

All this over one small bud? My kid has never been in any trouble whatsoever at school or any other place, he actually is a pretty damn good kid and now they want to fuck his education up over this?

M

michael68

That sucks, my friend just got sent to a "troubled kid" school apart of the district for a year because he got caught with a gram...

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
yeh times have changed, u cant get caught doing shit anymore,
sounds like the principal is a real dick!, but that is kinda always the case!,lol
TS

Looks like you're gonna be doin some home schoolin.

First course of the day, i would imagine, might be ... oh, i dunno, like..... maybe...
some farmin?

Could be an college edumacated agriculture whatchamacallit in 8 years, Ya never know.

HighDesertJoe

COME ON PEOPLE NOW
Veteran
I'm sorry for what's taking place. You must live in a non friendly state.
Does your son smoke that you know of? and does he know you smoke if you do?
What did they do to the other kid?
Two year sounds a little harsh hopefully cooler head will prevail, you and your son might have to throw yourself at the mercy of the school board.
Good Luck

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Get a lawyer. Take on the school board. That is your only choice other than a Louisville Slugger.

-Funk

Tagh

Get a lawyer when you go to the expulsion meeting.

I was expelled from elementary when I was in Grade 8 for bringing a knife to school, it was stupid got charged and all. The expulsion hearing took place a couple weeks before I got my lawyer for the charges and he told me if he was brought to the hearing there is no way I would have got expelled.

I guess it would be different depending where you are too, but if your child does get expelled which is too bad there will be something outhere to get his education. I had to go to a school with about 10 kids, you started the day with 10 points and you had to go 6 weeks straight without going below 7 or you would start all over. They would take points away if you were late in the morning or didn't listen, stupid things really.

A few years back in highschool I had a friend get caught with weed in another friends car, 3.5 grams, they both got expelled, 17 years old at that time.

A few year before that I had a friend get suspended from another school for 2 days for 2 grams. That was grade 9 so 14-15

It's crazy it can go from one extreme to the next like that but we don't make the rules I guess.

I don't know how much a lawyer could do in this particular situation at the hearing but it wouldn't hurt talking to one.

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
Home school, or private/charter...(better start taking some clones)
Public schools aren't that great anyway.
Just teach kids gang-like mentality.

I

In~Plain~Site

Wow, that completely sucks :moon:

Is there anyway you can have him 'registered' at a relative or friends addy that lives in a neighboring school district?

Not sure about where you are, but around here those 'alternative' schools are nothing but trouble.

I would go the legal route first, but dealling with these fucks can be more trouble than it's worth sometimes.

Best of luck :ying:

B

Bud Bug

My son who just turned 13 last month was given a small bud about the size of a quarter from another kid in his school who had taken some from his moms stash.

Umm seriously he did something wrong and got caught and expelled for having drugs on school grounds. I don't see anything wrong with it. Lesson learned...

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
Umm seriously he did something wrong and got caught and expelled for having drugs on school grounds. I don't see anything wrong with it. Lesson learned...

ummmm yea but getting expelled for 2 years? dude im surprised you dont think that is a little excessive.

but anyways, like everyone said, get a lawyer, not sure where your from, but when schools try to do shit like that around here, they regret their decision when they news vans start pulling up at the same time as the bus'. good luck dude hope everything works out.

aod

G

Ganja D

Sounds like you will anyways,but take it easy on the kid. Sounds like you already know but just teach him to be responsible with herb. I started smoking when I was about 13 and planted my first seeds less than a year later.
If adults hadn't freaked out so much about weed when I was a kid I could have avoided a lot of hardships.
Sounds like the principal is a real loser. Good luck.

C

CANNATOPIA

Best wishes to you & your son. It shouldn't be this way over cannabis.

B

Bud Bug

ummmm yea but getting expelled for 2 years? dude im surprised you dont think that is a little excessive.

That's the system. His kid new exactly what he had other wise he would not have been showing it to anyone else thinking he's cool and all.

Now you need to talk to your kid and explain to him what wrong and right. A 13 year old should have no idea what weed is unless he's exposed to it though friends and at home.

thats messed up, stand up against them

thats messed up, stand up against them

hey bro, yeah thats completely messed up of the school. It makes me wonder what the mj laws in your area are like? Is the school following the lead of the pigs in your area? either way its messed up and I hope everything works out for your son. I got popped smoking pot in the bathroom at age 16 and got 3days suspension.

This thread reminds me of one I posted a while ago about a 13 yr old smoking pot, Not saying thats the case here, but you might find that thread interesting anyways.....

www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=196138

G

Ganja D

That's the system. His kid new exactly what he had other wise he would not have been showing it to anyone else thinking he's cool and all.

Now you need to talk to your kid and explain to him what wrong and right. A 13 year old should have no idea what weed is unless he's exposed to it though friends and at home.

Why would a normal 13 year old kid have no idea what weed is? The kid is 13,not retarded. I had the dare program when I was 9. Plus I watched cheech and chong was I was about 8 or 9. I smoked for the first time at 13 in the ally behind the old hardware store with 3 friends. I remember it like it was yesterday.
Kid's are smart. Don't underestimate their intelligence.

redbudduckfoot

Veteran
give me a fuckin break, BudBug. do you really think that the kid knew he would get expelled for 2 years for possession? come on, you can learn your lesson without getting expelled for two years. yeah, most public schools suck, but a thirteen year old child should not be denied an education for one mistake.

if he were my son, i would fight it as hard as i had to, then after i won, home school him. fuck that school.

on another note, i would think about calling your local 6 o'clock tv news and let them in on what the school is doing. i think the principal might change his tune after the media gets involved and blows the shit up on the local news. just an idea.

meduser180056

we used to drop L in our first classes and end up wandering off school grounds usually sometime before lunch. I remember smoking bongloads out of our backpack bongs while we were sitting out of gym class on the bleachers cuz we didn't want to participate lol... Those were the days. Guess you can't get away with that shit everywhere.

Littleleaf

Veteran
Welcome to the Prison Planet.
Get a Lawyer and fight it and then pull him out of the school and home school him. Be expecting DHS to put their noses in your bissness too.
The fight has just begun!
Good luck!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts