What's new

Seeking Critique on Vert Colosseum SOG concept.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
I just spent about an hour and a half defoliating... and I'm willing to bet that NOBODY would know the difference if I didn't show them the bag of fan leaves I just took off.

These top-tier plants are fucking MONSTERS compared to last round.

Don't know how my final yield will turn out (weight wise) but the DENSITY of the colas this time is pretty amazing.

imo that's the size plant you should be shooting for. wasn't it only 2 weeks veg too?

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
*** UPDATE WITH PICS! Round II (WEEK VII of 12/12) ***

*** UPDATE WITH PICS! Round II (WEEK VII of 12/12) ***

WEEK SEVEN

picture.php

^^^ From a Distance ^^^

picture.php

^^^ A Bit Closer ^^^

picture.php

^^^ Back Row, Center ^^^

picture.php

^^^ Front Row, Left of Center ^^^

picture.php

^^^ Front Row, Center ^^^

Notes:

I tried to get a bunch of pictures of what's going on in the center. Nothing came out. It was all blurry bullshit.

What I can say about this round: tops on some plants are FAT. The biggest my AK have gotten in the past is about the same diameter as a 12 oz. soda/beer can. Some of these (like in that last pic, above) are more like a 40oz beer can.

Bottom tier are frosty, but most of 'em are real wimps.

Next round, no bottom tier.

Since week 5, I've been taking 2-3 fans off each plant, then waiting two days, then repeating the process. I'm hoping this will be less taxing on them than simply losing all of their fan leaves at once.

Sorry for lack of week 6 pictures. I simply didn't have a camera handy. (GF was out of town with the camera.)

I normally chop at about 65-67 days, but I think I'm gonna let this round go to at least 70 and maybe even a bit longer.

So we've got at least 3 more weeks to go!

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
:good: Fracking Killing It Bro :good:
Looks awesome now seeing your setup in full flower, well worth the upgrades :D
:smoke out:

D

DHF

Wow....No bottom tier next run...Big decision...but..All part of dialin any hybrid setup Bro , and what it proves is that...

Sideways lumens MUST be down amongst the plants as your top tier is for the max effect and swellage accordingly IME , thus why I stacked my bulbs instead of side by side to cover all levels sideways , up , and down.....but....

I`m still not sure yas`ve exploited that AK to her fullest extent A , so keep dialin and good luck on harvey.....and....

Lettin em go longer only makes em that much more dense and trich covered with the proper watts per sq ft , so keep takin off all those fans that have a stem and not comin directly out of the colas ftw.....one more thing....

Not sure what your ppm`s are but I see tip burn , and that`s never a good thing in late bloomage for residual salt buildup , so drop em and feed more often with lower ppm`s and see if they don`t swell even more in the last couple weeks or so...

Just tryin ta help.....Handle it....

Peace.....DHF.....:ying:.....

bobblehead

Veteran
Looking great Anti... I would like to make a suggestion though... Don't completely lose the bottom tier, but move it back. This might take a complete rebuild, but I think you'll be alright after this harvest... Anyway, why lose out on that extra yield, even if the buds are smaller? They all look the same in a bag anyway. I know it sounds funny, but I think they would receive better light further back. The plants on the bottom tier are #1 closer to the light and receiving more heat and #2 transpiring more cause I know you have those muffin fans under your lamps... and so those plants are also closer to the fans. Environmental dialage broski... Those plants are too busy losing water to be as fat as the plants on the top tier.

D

DHF

Looking great Anti... I would like to make a suggestion though... Don't completely lose the bottom tier, but move it back. This might take a complete rebuild, but I think you'll be alright after this harvest... Anyway, why lose out on that extra yield, even if the buds are smaller? They all look the same in a bag anyway. I know it sounds funny, but I think they would receive better light further back. The plants on the bottom tier are #1 closer to the light and receiving more heat and #2 transpiring more cause I know you have those muffin fans under your lamps... and so those plants are also closer to the fans. Environmental dialage broski... Those plants are too busy losing water to be as fat as the plants on the top tier.
That`s my boy.....Couldn`t have said it better myself , but wasn`t gonna shit on A`s parade anymore than I already do....

Seems like I`m always criticizing and pointin negative shit out when nothin could be further from the truth in that I want Anti to KILL it and just tryta help best I can from doin this shit for many many yrs...

Damn Bobbles...Wayta be dead on and upfront....You`ve learned exponentially my buddy....

Peace...DHF....:ying:......

benjuanman

Veteran
Looking good there Anti :) Also it's great to read bobbles and fred giving you and anyone else reading this thread tips and information to better our plants. Keep it up bro such an awesome thread.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Wow....No bottom tier next run...Big decision...but..All part of dialin any hybrid setup Bro , and what it proves is that...

Sideways lumens MUST be down amongst the plants as your top tier is for the max effect and swellage accordingly IME , thus why I stacked my bulbs instead of side by side to cover all levels sideways , up , and down.....but....

I have gotten this message, DHF. As soon as funds are available, I will begin a complete rebuild utilizing everything I've learned here, but with a stacked bulb setup.

I`m still not sure yas`ve exploited that AK to her fullest extent A , so keep dialin and good luck on harvey.....and....

Lettin em go longer only makes em that much more dense and trich covered with the proper watts per sq ft , so keep takin off all those fans that have a stem and not comin directly out of the colas ftw.....one more thing....

Not sure what your ppm`s are but I see tip burn , and that`s never a good thing in late bloomage for residual salt buildup , so drop em and feed more often with lower ppm`s and see if they don`t swell even more in the last couple weeks or so...

Just tryin ta help.....Handle it....

I will be dropping ppm's (even though I can't see 'em) from here on out. You *ARE* helping... so do me a favor and DON'T STFU, ok?

:thank you:

(Also with funds, will come a PPM meter and a light meter.)

Looking great Anti... I would like to make a suggestion though... Don't completely lose the bottom tier, but move it back. This might take a complete rebuild, but I think you'll be alright after this harvest... Anyway, why lose out on that extra yield, even if the buds are smaller? They all look the same in a bag anyway.

I know you want me to rebuild it. I am working part-time but I am not even close to covering my share of the "household" expenses at the moment, so paying for upgrades of any kind will simply have to wait until after harvest.

At this point, I can't wait to rebuild, but there are no funds to do so.

I know it sounds funny, but I think they would receive better light further back. The plants on the bottom tier are #1 closer to the light and receiving more heat and #2 transpiring more cause I know you have those muffin fans under your lamps... and so those plants are also closer to the fans. Environmental dialage broski... Those plants are too busy losing water to be as fat as the plants on the top tier.

I agree. The bottom tier are too close to both the bulbs and the fans. But once I have the cash to rebuild, I'm going to rebuild as a stacked bulb setup.

I do sincerely appreciate your advice (and the kind words) and I want you to know that I am listening.

I have to move very slowly because of limited fundage. If i had the cash, I would already have the new setup built.

It's too hard to train/trim the plants on the back wall this time.

Anybody know if hydro stores (or online) will have quick disconnect fittings for 1/2 (ID) tubing? It's very difficult to pull the table out of the cabinet because the tubing is attached. I managed to break a 1/2" barbed tee last time I attempted it and sprayed water all over the floor. Luckily I built the cabinet right near a drain.

I've seen some quick-disconnect fittings on amazon but they're like $40.

I'd like to be able to disconnect the table's feedlines from the reservoir so that I could move the table easily whenever necessary.

I'm seriously considering stealing Pine Boy's skate-truck lazy susan concept for my new setup so that I can rotate the plants for easy access.

I've been steadily clearing out fan leaves and I will try to get some pictures of the bottom tier with the next update.

They will NOT look as good in a bag, barring some kind of explosive growth miracle.

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
Yo anti, check out Home Depot or Lowes. Not sure what kind of fitting exactly you are looking for, but they definitely have like Ls and Ts that are quick disconnect. I think they just screw on. I have them on my tiers.

Anyways, things are looking good brother, can't wait to see how this pull turns out for you. Keep it green homey.

aod

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I had access to a DSLR camera today.

I took a picture of the whole room and then I zoomed in to "100%" in photoshop (to get the whole image on my hi-res monitor, I have to zoom down to 12%) and this was the result.

Now if only I had an extra $1500 lying around, imagine the cool pictures I could take!

DUDE..I'm almost as jealous of your mad camera skeelsz as your mad growing skeelsz...keep taking excellent pics and keep the buds a coming bro:woohoo:

Amazing!

420ish

looking good.i ran 2 lazy susans and it has its own problems.i was using blumats and could only rotate so far.it also caused problems with the blumats.sometimes they would get pulled out of the soil partially other times it would cause pinched lines.

G

Guest 88950

....Anybody know if hydro stores (or online) will have quick disconnect fittings for 1/2 (ID) tubing? It's very difficult to pull the table out of the cabinet because the tubing is attached. I managed to break a 1/2" barbed tee last time I attempted it and sprayed water all over the floor. Luckily I built the cabinet right near a drain.

I've seen some quick-disconnect fittings on amazon but they're like $40...

Anti, here are a few online sources that have what you are looking for.

http://www.colder.com/

http://www.watts.com/quickconnect

http://www.swagelok.com/products/quick-connects.aspx

http://www.groworganic.com/irrigation/quick-connect-fittings.htm

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Hey brother, nothing but the best going on in here. I knew you'd love the results from the drip fed coco and hey it looks like your gonna have a very nice harvest. This is your first run, wait to you get a few under your belt and dial it in, that's when the magic will really happen.

I'm with the others, I wouldn't get rid of the bottom tier, just move it out like bobble has suggested, more plants usually = more yield, especially for your design. I know funds are tight but have you ever thought about a expanding your current design out to 4'x4' and using 2 600w bulbs? Or maybe even a stacked setup with 4 x 600s? That would be a hell of a setup, I think that's what I'd do.

Regardless, your straight up killing it bro, and I'm wishing you nothing but the very BEST.

Peace & Chat Soon
HGO