What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mosaic Virus in Cannabis pics

Banefoul

im using garden compost with poultry waste and forest soil with some dead composted wood and a few other things.in reading more on living soils as this is what i want to use i learned a bit more ... and i think i got mosaic from the tomatoes. so i have forest earth with good microbes and other living things in it. but the compost and poultry i am worried is contaminated. is this mosaic?

Attachments

• n3211 008.jpg
    n3211 008.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 32
  • n3211 002.jpg
    n3211 002.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 37

lemonade

Veteran
You've got thrips my friends. Check the underside of that spotty leaf with a magnifying glass and I'm certain your see tiny little "worms". Maybe mites too but my money is on thrips.

lemonade

Veteran
Good one. It's not a bad idea to drench the soil as well as sraying leaves. The application rate is different i think tho, i use azamax, azetrol solution

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Dont oil the roots though they don't dig it.. ;) But yeah the oil mixture killed em all, couldn't get the big guns like abamectin but the oil mixture destroyed em. My mites that is. Watch dose of cinnamon oil, saw plant toxicity with that addition, although that oil mix with others was the knockdown that I haven't seen a bugger since. And toxicity was only noticed on plants that were infected so I assume it was related to the mite-bite-poison suppressed immune system. There was a heavy spray cycle, healthy plants remained healthy but severely infected plants had severe leaf drop even when sprayed at night. They did survive fine though and the tiny spawn of evil are gone and cycles broken, touch wood.

And yeah I doubt I ever had mosaic on my dope all these years now, including other mis-id'd problems. Was these damn evil cyclamen mites..F%#&'ers!! Thanks for the help on getting to the bottom of this!

B

BasementGrower

I have a white widow plant that exhibits most if not all of these symptoms, but it grows some damn strong bud, and I've never had wilting or yield issues with it. I suspected it was viral some time ago, since it showed this pattern from seed. And yes, using a TON of epsom salt pretty much makes it very happy.

I have to ask, how does this virus spread? If I have other plants with this plant on the same res, will it get into the water? I don't see this on any of my other strains, so I have not witnessed it spread. In fact, it seems that with every generation of clones I take, the problem lessens and the plant is getting stronger! I assumed it just needed a ton of Mg to grow....

View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image

i have a strain that does this.. but wen i feed it with more calmag.. and protekt.. it stopped happening ? iunno i think many people think anything they cant explain to be TMV.. iuno i dont know if its tmv or not.. but it hasnt affected my plants.. they are fuckin the most potent.. plants ive got.

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
xela that looks like insect damage ~some neem oil would likely help you too

use it just before lights out to avoid further damage

vince514

seeker of greater knowledge
Veteran
that is for sure bug damage ....but remember the bugs are vectors that transmit the virus from plant to plant...get rid of the insects and eliminate one of the variables.:tiphat:

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
apparently you can leave your TMV worries in the tomato arena

if you are experiencing problems making you think it might be TMV; you might want to have a closer look {like look for microscopic insects}

Love2herb

it is real and really ruining crops and seeds, it is easy to tell because there is no way to get rid of it. might not be tmv but it is a disease , ive seen it in about five grows calmag might help but your plants will never grow as vigorous or healthy as before.

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well; my problems {which i associated w/ my cigar smoking} were alleviated when i started feeding w/ aloe & using foliars w/ lavender tea ~it would be the same for other camphor plants and eucalyptus essential oil is another tech i have applied

i made the lavender tea w/ about a TBSP of dried flowers in about a cup of water and i used 2 TBSP of an overnight tea from that in a gallon of water as a foliar

similarly the eucalyptus is applied as 3 to 5 drops of the oil in a gallon of water ~foliar sprayed

i initially used aloe squeezed from the filet @ 1 or 2 TBSP a gallon of water but these days i use the 200x and use about 1/4 to 1/2 tsp of that to a gallon of water {which is like using a cup or 2 of aloe per gallon} this is a soil drench

i cant exclude neem seed meal as a possible contributor but folks dont tend to assume it is systemic which is what would have to happen for it to have helped

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
I'm sure that it's out there. I thought I had it. Inspired me to post my first comment here. Cleaned house. Ever since I added magnesium the symptoms haven't reappeared. Funny that.

Latest posts

Latest posts