What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Santa growing weed in Lapland 65°N

L

Lapplandish

Hello there to all you crazy bobbleheads!:wave:

It's been a long time since I saw the sun. But now it's there. And so begings my journey to build up some stash for the coming winter - and yes, it's allready near here. Seems like I don't have the space to make it all happen inside my cave, so I have to go out and just make it happen. And like last year - I do it for good!

Last year (link to last years grow) I only had one strain to go with, but since it all went so damn well and I managed to build up a nice stash of seeds, I've had a change to trade some seeds with some good mates here. So this time I have the following seeds going out there in the wilderness..

• LR #2 from last years grow
  • Pehkuruder af x Thypoon from friend
  • Ovela Ratsastaja from friend
  • Ovela-Osmo\Royal Dane\Thypoon from friend
Because there are so much more strains there, I've had to build up a lot off new growing spots. And yes, it's been a pain in the ass to do it, but it's done! ..Well allmost done, but mostly done..

And the next thing I'm going to tell you about might freak you out so you may want to smoke a big one before reading the following shit..

I went to my last years seeding spot. Looked at it. Looked at it againg. Rubbed my eyes and looked at it again very carefully. Yes. There it was. There were snails. But with the snails I saw something else. Oh my god. I couldn't have believed my eyes! There were weed growing! There were weed growing from the seeds that had fallen there last autumn. Those really have had come a long long way to survive here! And believe me. I will do anything to keep those alive and make sure that they will produce some more seeds, so there would be a nice collection of really harsh condition sustainable seeds in my stash for the rest of my life. It really is a fucking unbelievable that those plants are there! This could be a beginning of something great! And I really think there are no man that can disagree with me this time!

And now I'm going to show you what was there last year because I know you guys wont remember a thing from last year.. ;)

Pics are from 8.8.2009, the day before harvest last year

picture.php
picture.php

L

Lapplandish

The miracle

The miracle

So here's some pics from the miracle I've told you about. It really is something that you wouldn't expect to see at this latitude. But i've seen it and a good friend of mine have seen it, so you just got to believe it! Here goes nothing..

I arrive to my last years spot and it looked really dead there..

I went near the spot and took a look at it..

I was sure there were something strange there.. I took a closer look at it..

Now, at this point I really wasn't sure yet. I had to rub my eyes a few times and look at that little green thing even closer.. And oh my dear god what I saw there..

I was happy and searched the spot for another mofo.. And then something caught my eye..

Yet againg I had to took a closer look at that.. It was another mother fucker there! YES! A change to create something great now..

L

Lapplandish

1. Open Timber - 4 spots - Pehkuruder af x Thypoon, Ovela Ratsastaja & Lowryder #2

These spots are in the edge of an open timber facing west. So there will be a lot of sunshine allways available. This is very open area so I hope that plants stay short here. LR#2's are in a bit more open place because I know they stay short and others are in a bit more covered places there. Last year this was definately the best growing place. There are no snails or other small beast in this area, but there are rabbits and mooses around.

2. Open Timber - 3 spots - Pehkuruder af x Thypoon, Ovela Ratsastaja & Lowryder #2 (LR#2 since 24.05.2010)

These spots are in the middle of an open timber facing west. There will be a lot of sunshine allways available. This is very open area but there are a lot of cover plants all over plants and not much people moving around. I haven't been growing in this spot so I don't know if this is a good place. Seems like there are no snails in this area, but I've found some signs of mooses here.

Brushwood - 2 spots - Ovela-Osmo\Royal Dane\Thypoon & Pehkuruder af x Thypoon

These spots are in a nice warm brushwood. Downside is that there are a lot of people in the area and a road is only a few meters away from the spot. Also a lot of snails there because the climate is perfect for them. And also there are some mooses around sometimes. This spot suffered some mold issues last summer. This summer I go with some more moldresistant bushes here.

L

Lapplandish

The beasts

The beasts

Well.. When I was really happy with my miracle ones, I just had to see some really nasty mother fuckers there. They were doing what they do - eating everything! I really hate these guys, so there's going to be a war! My plant is to use beerbottletraps. A lot of them. And here are the nasty guys..

Here's their leader, I think..

And some of that guys followers..

Koi

I do really look forward to this one. I mean what's more awesome then watching cannabis grow in extreme climates.

Fluss

hahah nice story 'bout those snails :)

How big was your grow last year?(more than you showed on the pic?) and how much seeds did you get from it?

because im preparing for a seedrun this year, (so i wont haveto bother about this damn sites... my shipment, delayed for a month now)

Hoping those hybernating survivers and grow big!

Regards,
Peter

.clunk

Best of luck, it's really cool to see those seeds sprout up like that! The seeds produced from those seedlings are going to be acclimatized perfectly for your location, that's great!

L

Lapplandish

Front row:lurk: Good luck :)
Have fun watching my grow! Thanks, eed all the luck here for sure.. :)

Sweet. Have a good summer Lapp, been nice and warm past couple o days :)

Yes it has been nice weather. Mayby a bit too warm to me, but just great for the plants! But it seems to be cloudy and rainy weather coming..

best of luck man

Thanks man! I appreciate it :)

I do really look forward to this one. I mean what's more awesome then watching cannabis grow in extreme climates.

Nothing is more fun than that! I'll be watching your thread too man! :)

hahah nice story 'bout those snails :)

How big was your grow last year?(more than you showed on the pic?) and how much seeds did you get from it?

because im preparing for a seedrun this year, (so i wont haveto bother about this damn sites... my shipment, delayed for a month now)

Hoping those hybernating survivers and grow big!

Regards,
Peter

Thanks, mayby I should try write some books? ..not.. ;)

You can check out my last years grow. Its linked to first post and to its also in my signature. I got approx. 1000 good quality seeds.. I haven't counted them, but I have allready traded over 500 of them, and that doesn't seem much in my stash.. :D

Best of luck, it's really cool to see those seeds sprout up like that! The seeds produced from those seedlings are going to be acclimatized perfectly for your location, that's great!

Thanks! I just need a bit of luck with them. Those snails are very unpleasant there, they can destroy everything in a so little time.. But if everything goes fine, I'll be having the best seeds for here available like you said! :D

That's great that it grew and lasted through the frozen winter!

Get some copper tape around those bad boys!

Yes it is. I still have some hard times believing that..

Coppertape might destroy my landscaping and reveal my grow. That spot is actually very very close to road and there are a lot of people walking with dogs and just wonder around. So I try to keep plants as hidden as possible.. :)

dugacki

Very interesting tread Lapplandish. Nice to see someone putting in effort and growing cannabis outdoors this far north. I looked at your last years pictures. Very nice plants looked better than some of my grows in previous years and im at 46 N latitude hehe:).

Adding reputation and subscribing.

G

Guest129216

Best growishes for you Lapplandish. Cool thing about those survivors. Really excited about them. Interesting strains you are running too. This is going to be great!!

Subscribe 4sure. I have a similar grow at 64lat with 3 different AF strains check it out! Best of luck from me and hope we both get enormous harvest :)

Latest posts

Latest posts