What's new

Growing in Lapland

L

Lapplandish

Hello guys! It is time for my first thread now since I have got myself enough material to do that.

So this thread is about growing pot beyond 65°N. You can imagine that we can grow only autoflowering strains here because summer is very short here and there are about 20 hours light per day between may and september. And the climate here is also very cold, so we can actually grow outdoors between june and august when the night temperature is allways above 5 degrees. And yes, there can be nights when the temperature goes below 0 degrees celsius during summer.

So as we can see from my description about our growing area, that we are limited for a few strains that can finish outside here. But there have been succesful growings here anyway, so I thought that I should try that by my self.

I'm growing Lowryder #2 in this thread. No any other strains because I couldn't get anything else. These should be finished mid August I think. Mayby if the weather is good I'll be able to keep these out till september.

I would be really delighted if someone here would have Royal Dane seeds and would be able to send some of those to me. I think that is the only non-autoflowering strain that can do fine here. And ofcourse it would be crossed with Lowryder #2 if it seems that it wont be able to finish here. Anyone?

L

Lapplandish

pictures

pictures

I made various places to grow so mayby some of them would survive here. But now I show you some pictures about my growings.

Beginning from may 31.

I grow these for 2 weeks in balcony before I moved these in to the nature. They did well there during the cold night. I think I should have stall the moving for a bit later because there were still very cold during nights.. below 5 degrees sometimes..

June 7.

Here is an another spot where I transferred some of those plants you see above. They did well even with damaged roots there (it's hard to dig those up without damaging the roots) and the growth begun to get faster. Also the temperatures raised and there were no nights below 5 degrees. Hottest outside air was less than 15 degrees.

June 14.

Grow is really fast for now and they start to mature.

June 21.

Now you can see some sexing there. I throw some male-bushes away from my female bushes in the place where I was about to make some smoke.

June 28.

Here is some pictures from the seeding-area. Those male-plants are actually very easy to recognize because they grow fast and tall when they are about to show sex.

July 6.

Here is a picture from the place where I'm about to produce some weed. They are doing fine there and they shoud be ready in about mid august.

July 12.

Plants are going for bigger buds no matter if its raining or shining

July 19.

Less than a month to go and the growth is going strong!

July 27.

One month in flowering..

L

Lapplandish

My targets

My targets

As you can see from the pictures I have make different places for seed productioning and for weed productioning. So I think if everything goes well, I'll be able to do outside growing next summer as well. And I can also learn from this experiement and then be able to do much better next year. I hope so!

BTW! Is there anyone who grows outside up north in Sweden or in Norway? I wonder how your plants do there and what kind of strains you have there?

OK, so now it is time for you to give some comments back to me!!:smoker::wave:

Koi

Hi, I am growing in Sweden. But at Lat. 59.
I like your grow. You should get some more strains next year to compare their potential.
I wish you best luck, they seem to be able to give some harvest.
Very bushy plants. Did you trim them?

L

Lapplandish

Hi, I am growing in Sweden. But at Lat. 59.
I like your grow. You should get some more strains next year to compare their potential.
I wish you best luck, they seem to be able to give some harvest.
Very bushy plants. Did you trim them?

Hi!

I wish I could get my hands on some other quality strains that have potential to produce weed here. I know that kind of strais exists here in Finland. Some growers have those seeds but I don't know any of them so it's hard to get those seeds from anywhere.:wallbash:

I'm very positive about the harvest because I have grown one plant in my balcony between feb to may and even that produced about 3 grams, yet it was a really small plant, not very bushy even. Those plants in the picture are like 10 times bigger than what it was when it was done.

I haven't actually been done much with those plants. In the first picture you can see those plants with their head cut off, and if you look at the picture from june 28. you can see they on the right side of the picture. And like I said, that is actually the only thing that I had done with my plants. I was very surprised by myself with that bushy-grow on them.:lurk:

Thank you for your post and good luck with your plants too!:rasta:

Koi

Okay, well.. If I were you. I would buy some quality seeds from some seedbank and produce seeds on one or two plants, so you don't have to buy seeds every year.

zielonylasss

guerilla grower
Veteran
high lapplandish :wave:
I see there really nice little garden! Great to see that even on your lattitude it is possible!
You can try aalso danish strains, zen seeds, maybe from darwin seeds and some canadians...

L

Lapplandish

Okay, well.. If I were you. I would buy some quality seeds from some seedbank and produce seeds on one or two plants, so you don't have to buy seeds every year.

yeah I can see what you mean.. And I'm trying to produce some seeds now, hopefully I manage to do that.. I don't have any previous experience producing seeds so few hints would be nice from more experienced guys!:listen2:

I wish I could get those Royal Dane seeds in my hands from somewhere.. when crossed with autoflowering plant like LowRyder #2 it should be a really good strain here with better mold resistant, cold resistant and a bit bigger yielding than just LowRyder #2, i quess..:chin:

L

Lapplandish

high lapplandish :wave:
I see there really nice little garden! Great to see that even on your lattitude it is possible!
You can try aalso danish strains, zen seeds, maybe from darwin seeds and some canadians...

High there!:wave:
I'm about to try some of those when I can get my hands to them.. So it would be next summer, but there is no rush with that..:smoke:

I just wish those shops would sell some allready autoflowering crossed strains.. that would be helpfull to me, because I would be able to actually see what kind of crosses would be able to survive and finish flowering here.. All I can quess is that it is supposed to be really fast flowering plant with good mold resistant and ability to survive in cold climate..

L

Lapplandish

some new photos from today

some new photos from today

Here I have got you guys something to see.. Buds are growing nicely there.. And somehow I have managed to unrecognize that one male plant there in the pictures..:wallbash::noway:

Well I throw it away from there.. hopefully it didn't pollunated my females too badly..

Damn I hate that bad weather going on out there.. It rained almost every day this week and the forecast says it will rain next week also.. so now I can see how mold resistant are these plants..

picture.php

View image in gallery

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Nice to see such an extreme grow coming together laplandish, much respect for making it hapen in the far far far north.

I found LR2 quite Sativa influenced, so hopefully she will laugh off the rains.

Good luck :)

lapplandish they are looking exerlent man, I'm impressed. There are lots of Autoflowering croses on the market

Lowlife seeds do a blueberry, AK47, lemon skunk and a hindu kush

Royal queen seeds do some nices ones

sagarmatha has a disel, blueberry and a yumbolt cross aswell

Will be watching your grow, good luck

L

Lapplandish

Nice to see such an extreme grow coming together laplandish, much respect for making it hapen in the far far far north.

I found LR2 quite Sativa influenced, so hopefully she will laugh off the rains.

Good luck :)

Thank you mate!:smile:

I just wish these would laugh off the rains, but I'm really worried right now.. I've been thinking about some trimming for them to ease the fresh air moving to buds..

L

Lapplandish

lapplandish they are looking exerlent man, I'm impressed. There are lots of Autoflowering croses on the market

Lowlife seeds do a blueberry, AK47, lemon skunk and a hindu kush

Royal queen seeds do some nices ones

sagarmatha has a disel, blueberry and a yumbolt cross aswell

Will be watching your grow, good luck

Thank you for kind words bro!:pimp3:

Those Lowlife crosses are looking great! I might actually get something from there.. Sagarmatha's crosses are also looking nice..

But that Royal queen.. I don't know.. they are not giving out to much info about their strains.. also that is the most expensive place out those three..

But thanks for the info about those seed shops!:yes:

D

Deaner

Beautiful grow. Keep us updated and good luck with everything. I'll be checking back.

L

Lapplandish

weekly update from north..

weekly update from north..

Plants have been doing very well this week and it is easy to see that buds are getting heavier every time I go there.. There weren't as much rain as the forecast told, actually there have been nice sunny weather here with just a little rain.:bandit:

Here I have taken some pictures for you guys to have a look at..

First picture shows a nice bud covered plant..
picture.php

This second picture shows you my double-headed-one..
picture.php

Third picture is an overview of some plants..
picture.php

..just like this fourth picture.
picture.php