What's new

Santa growing weed in Lapland 65°N

L

Lapplandish

01.07.2010 - Rainy update

01.07.2010 - Rainy update

Hola amigos!:bandit:

I'm back from the north and in full health! I have to take back some words about the weather.. the weather up there in the coastal arctic ocean was better than it is here.. god damn! I couldn't believe it. And the most annoying thing to notice was that there were no mosquitos at all. Here we have millions and millions of mosquitos! I think it just wasen't the time for the mosquitos there this time a year..:)

Here's some photos from my trip.. First pic is from Norway at the arctic ocean.. Second is from Saana looking at Treriksröset (swe) Treriksrøysa (nor) which is the border between Finland, Sweden and Norway. Third pic is just a river at midnight in Finland. And finally the fourth pic is midsummer bonfire in Finland.

And now its time to show you what's up with my plants. So Here's photos from the first open timber. I have removed some males from there. I haven't touched the LR #2 males yet because there have been pouring here and there are millions of mosquitos there eating me alive. After all most plants have shown their sex to me and that's good enough to me.

My second open timber area is doing very well! Plants are getting huge and most of them have shown their sex which is great because I if these plants can manage here, I will get rid of the LR's and start to grow these only! I love the hash smell from some of these.. Still wondering which is Pehkuruder af x Thypoon and which is Ovela Ratsastaja.. Can anyone give me any glues how to identify those plants? Next time I came with better pics so it could be easier to recognize them..

And for last and this time for least the brushwood spot. There aren't too many survivors and the biggest plants are actually males transplanted there from other spots to make them heavier before trying to collect the pollen at home.. I also have moved some of the plants from other spot to this one spot. There are still few plants in the other spot but I try to move them to this one because this is so much better place to grow big.. Lots of snails here bothering plants, elsewhere there are absolutely none snails!

A

arcticsun

hey lapplandish.. great pictures mate :D

beautiful pic of the tristate border mountains.. im real glad you had a nice trip m8

the ovela ratsastaja has a real thick and hard stem, its not fully automatic, so the pehkruuders should be quicker.. they should reveal themselves soon i guess.

StonedGolem

picture.php

I was there in the first half of June :) Got some pictures of that very same spot as well.

/EDIT: Oh, missed the picture from Saana. Got some pictures from up there also. I fell in love with those views over 20 years ago.

Hola amigos!:bandit:

I'm back from the north and in full health! I have to take back some words about the weather.. the weather up there in the coastal arctic ocean was better than it is here.. god damn! I couldn't believe it. And the most annoying thing to notice was that there were no mosquitos at all. Here we have millions and millions of mosquitos! I think it just wasen't the time for the mosquitos there this time a year..:)

Here's some photos from my trip.. First pic is from Norway at the arctic ocean.. Second is from Saana looking at Treriksröset (swe) Treriksrøysa (nor) which is the border between Finland, Sweden and Norway. Third pic is just a river at midnight in Finland. And finally the fourth pic is midsummer bonfire in Finland.

And now its time to show you what's up with my plants. So Here's photos from the first open timber. I have removed some males from there. I haven't touched the LR #2 males yet because there have been pouring here and there are millions of mosquitos there eating me alive. After all most plants have shown their sex to me and that's good enough to me.

My second open timber area is doing very well! Plants are getting huge and most of them have shown their sex which is great because I if these plants can manage here, I will get rid of the LR's and start to grow these only! I love the hash smell from some of these.. Still wondering which is Pehkuruder af x Thypoon and which is Ovela Ratsastaja.. Can anyone give me any glues how to identify those plants? Next time I came with better pics so it could be easier to recognize them..

And for last and this time for least the brushwood spot. There aren't too many survivors and the biggest plants are actually males transplanted there from other spots to make them heavier before trying to collect the pollen at home.. I also have moved some of the plants from other spot to this one spot. There are still few plants in the other spot but I try to move them to this one because this is so much better place to grow big.. Lots of snails here bothering plants, elsewhere there are absolutely none snails!

Looks awesome Lapplandish. That river looks really nice to fish in, do you fish ? Looks like a salmonriver maybe ? Very beautiful pics man. How long ago was it since you planted everything?

L

Lapplandish

hey lapplandish.. great pictures mate :D

beautiful pic of the tristate border mountains.. im real glad you had a nice trip m8

the ovela ratsastaja has a real thick and hard stem, its not fully automatic, so the pehkruuders should be quicker.. they should reveal themselves soon i guess.

Hi there northern friend!:wave:

I'm glad you liked the pictures, and the trip was awesome!:)

Pehkuruder af x thypoon & Ovela Ratsastaja

All of them are now flowering and I have transplanted males elsewhere. I will take new photos soon so people may try to guess what is what there! So far I'm quite sure of which plants I'm going to use to make seeds. Those plants are offcourse the ones with best look and fastest flowering. Also colours may affect my choises. All I want to know is that what are those plants..

LR #2's

Seems like bad weather at early summer really made it hard for my LR #2's to grow. It also converted most of them to be males (not hermies).. So I only have 5 females out of 100 plants, but I think they must be really good for making seeds because they survived bad weather so well. So I left only the best males there to pollinate them to ensure good genes for the future. Males were selected by the size, branches; amount, shape and colour of the balls and for the last by the leaves finger number (I want many fingers, not just five). And out of those five females there are only three very good girls, so I collect seeds only from those (those three girls were really branchy and had many fingered leaves and also were flowering nicely allready)..

Sounds like a plan?:)

I was there in the first half of June :) Got some pictures of that very same spot as well.

/EDIT: Oh, missed the picture from Saana. Got some pictures from up there also. I fell in love with those views over 20 years ago.

Nice to hear that we've both been there. That's a great place to take some photos..:) Saana is great place to hike like most places in Lapland. It's just hard to understand how slowly you actually can go there when the distance is only 4,2 kilometers to the top. At the sharpest places you really do it like 200 meters at 15 minutes!:dance013:

Looks awesome Lapplandish. That river looks really nice to fish in, do you fish ? Looks like a salmonriver maybe ? Very beautiful pics man. How long ago was it since you planted everything?

Hi there! I do fish sometimes but not that much. And yes that's a salmonriver like you suggested..:)

All the others but Lowryders were planted may 15th..

Suomi-Prkl

Veteran
nice to see everythings going smoothly. waiting for the next photo update, i'm pretty sure i can identify the pr af x thy's. i've got bunch of them going and they got pretty sativa growstructure. also meepo had a few going in the suomi od thread. his were sown much before mine...

here's a pic. all but the one on the left are pr af x thy

L

Lapplandish

hey bro, is that Kilpisjarvi in that picture?

Oh yes it is!:)

nice to see everythings going smoothly. waiting for the next photo update, i'm pretty sure i can identify the pr af x thy's. i've got bunch of them going and they got pretty sativa growstructure. also meepo had a few going in the suomi od thread. his were sown much before mine...

here's a pic. all but the one on the left are pr af x thy

Thanks man! :tiphat: ..I'm trying to get the pics asap so you may try to identify them out of Ovela Ratsastaja plants. That photo you got there isn't too helpfull right now, because my plants are way bigger than those at the moment.. but somehow I can feel that those will grow over mine in the future..:smoke:

Suomi-Prkl

Veteran
hehe, yep that pics is over a week old now and i took it just a day after i got them outdoors. we'll see!

G

Guest129216

Looking good man! Nice photos from the vacation too.

I agree with this obsevation. Growing both myself. Seems like there is more sidebranching on the prks too.

Looking forward to more photos!

Later Santa!

L

Lapplandish

Time for a big photo update!

Time for a big photo update!

Ok guys.. You've wanted to see some pics so now I show you some! I really did a hard work to take these photos because it was raining and there were so many millions of mosquitos eating me that I was allmost giving up the whole idea to snap some photos.. but I did it anyway, so here's what's up!:)

Here's photos from the first open timber. These plants aren't doing well if you compare these to the other open timber grow. But still there are some hope in the air for some weed and seeds. Seeds are going to be from LR #2's because there were only 5 females and a hell of a lot of males. I think bad cold weather at the vegging period made them go males.. Well then those females should be very good in genes I think. I saved the best males only to ensure best genes for the forth coming seasons.. I may still remove some males when they show their characters better..

And now my crown jewels - the second open timber! This one really is going strong even without as much sunshine as the the first open timber. The only concern here is that I don't recognize those plants from each other. And yes, that is the only concern. There are nothing but good to say about this place - it's warm, there are no slugs.. well, that's all I need! My best female lives here too - I just want to know what is it! I took a lot of photos from these plants this time to ease the identification on them.. Mayby now experts can tell me what is what - what is Pehkuruder af x Thypoon and what is Ovela Ratsastaja.. Enjoy! And remember - these plants are planted directly out there after germination, so considering the circumstances, they are amazing!

And for the last I'm going to show you some pics from the plants I'm going to use for breeding.. These might not be all the plants, but so far definately the best ones.. What do you think? There are still no dark period so these must be very very early or autoflowering.. First pic is LR #2 male. Second and third pics, well, I don't know what it is. But hell, it's fast! After those there are pics from a male in the brushwood spot. It's very good one and I'm going to use that big one for breeding also.. And for the last I've saved you some pictures of the best female I've ever seen in the wild!

I hope you enjoyed yourselves watching these photos!:thank you:

Suomi-Prkl

Veteran
picture.php

in this pic the two in the front definately look like pr x thy's structure and height look pretty spot on.

hard to say from the other plants cause they show a little N def.

i think the rough guide to recognizing those two from each other is that pr x thy will prolly show most vigour and sativa leaf structure. OR i've grown had more indica looking leaves and had the purple thing going.

Xhashish

Veteran
Looks great, im really amazed of how beautiful plants you can grow on that latitude..
will defently be following this one :)

L

Lapplandish

in this pic the two in the front definately look like pr x thy's structure and height look pretty spot on.

hard to say from the other plants cause they show a little N def.

i think the rough guide to recognizing those two from each other is that pr x thy will prolly show most vigour and sativa leaf structure. OR i've grown had more indica looking leaves and had the purple thing going.

Ok. So if those two are pr x thy, then it seems like they are a bit slower plants to start blooming period here.. but I assume that they are quite fast flowering because of thypoon genes..? By the way, how long does OR need to flower until it's ready for harvest?

And isn't there any purple in pr x thy? I'm just wondering because most of my fastest males show some nice purple balls.. And when I teared males away from those spots, the ones with no purple really smelled great! It was a little hash smelling I think..very pure and with a hint of anis mayby? Anyway the smell was great - it's just hard to describe it..:)

I think the next thing to do is to fertilize my plants. There really are some N-deficiency so I try to find some chicken poo or go with GrowHow products..

Looks great, im really amazed of how beautiful plants you can grow on that latitude..
will defently be following this one :)

Thanks man!:tiphat:

I'm pretty sure I can do even better next year because I have located some way better growing spots. It really matters hell of a lot here when you think about the conditions.. you can't just put them in nice sunny place because they can freeze there.. that's what I've learned for now.. it really is important to find the best places before you even think about growing weed outside..:) Keep watching this and you'll see the difference between sunny and cold open timber and sunny but warm open timber..

Suomi-Prkl

Veteran
hey mate!

yep, the pr x thy is prolly gonna be a little later to start flowering but they should be pretty early. and i think there is going to be purple males in pr x thy too, cause the male thy was totally purple. there could be some in females also but maybe not so much in this f1 cross, at least yet i havent seen any purple in my pr x thy fems.

biloanin kanapaska + merileväuute rae vois olla ihan hyvä vaihtoehto? liuttaa eka veteen ja käy kastelemassa.

L

Lapplandish

hey mate!

yep, the pr x thy is prolly gonna be a little later to start flowering but they should be pretty early. and i think there is going to be purple males in pr x thy too, cause the male thy was totally purple. there could be some in females also but maybe not so much in this f1 cross, at least yet i havent seen any purple in my pr x thy fems.

biloanin kanapaska + merileväuute rae vois olla ihan hyvä vaihtoehto? liuttaa eka veteen ja käy kastelemassa.

Ok.. If you look at the males I've posted here, do you think that they could be pr x thy? They are really sativa-looking plants.. They aren't that huge because I roughly just ripped them away from my females so they lost most of their roots.. I just wonder how they are still alive.. Good thing is that they are alive:)

Kuinka paljon tätä sekoitusta nyt sit tulisi antaa? Ostin kymppilitran säkin että riittää.. Ostin samalla Kemiran Puutarhan Syksyä ja en oo sitä ennen käyttäny niin osaisitko jotenkin vihjata miten sitä näille kannattaa annostella?:)

Suomi-Prkl

Veteran
kyllä ne näytti että voisivat ollakin pr x thy. todella vaikea erotella mut kyl ne satkummat näkeset luulis olevan pehku x thy.

"Biolan Luonnonlannoitetta voi käyt-tää myös lisälannoituksena: 2 dl 4–5 viikon välein, joko taimien väliin peitettynä tai kaste-luveteen liuotettuna."

ite käytän samaa tavaraa mutta sekoitan sen vaan keväällä maaperään, USKOISIN kuitenkin että sopiva määrä vois olla 1-2 desiä raetta liuotettuna 10 litraan kuumaa vettä. ja toi riittäs varmaan n.10 autoflower kasville yhdeksi lannoituskerraksi.

MUTTA en ole koittanu joten en tiedä, ehkä pistä privaa soviet finlandille, hän taitaa lannottaa juuri kyseisellä tavalla!

L

Lapplandish

joo kävin tuonne pintamultaan sekoittamassa nyt tuota settiä reilut 2 dl per kasvi ja saman verran siihen päälle vielä tuota Puutarhan Syksyä.. siihen sitten päälle kastelin TopMaxilla terästetyllä vedellä, että josko ne siitä taas ottaisivat väriä takaisin mutta eivät heittäisi kukkimasta.. mikä vaikutus muuten typen annolla on ulkona kukintaan? Ei ole ollut niin paljoa tarvetta koskaan lannoittaa ulkona että olisi omakohtaista kokemusta.. hidastaako se kukintaa reilustikin? Tai no tietenkin kasvi kukkii paremmin kun ei vajareista tarvi kärsiä, mutta silti..

Suomi-Prkl

Veteran
kuulostaa aika hyvältä lannotukselta.

kaippa se hieman pidentää sitä kukkimisaikaa-> kasvi venyy, kasvattaa enemmän kukinnonalkuja ja tuottaa enemmän. näin itse sen näkisin. vaikea noilla orgaanisilla on ylilannottaa.. ainut tuossa on tietty että jos sillä kasvilla on vielä paljon typpeä saatavana sadonkorjuuaikaan niin makuhan siitä kärsii.

Koi

They are doing real well my neighbour. Will continue to read this thread with pleasure.

Latest posts

Latest posts