What's new

Santa growing weed in Lapland 65°N

L

Lapplandish

wow looking good Lapplandish the second spot looks brilliant i hope you dodge the mold ..i got caught out this year but i'll plant earlier next year so i shouldnt be a problem ,well thats the plan anyway lol

im going to do a seed run next year so i'll have as much as i can handle hopefully,
lood luck Lapplandish

I hope those Pehkuruder af x Thypoons are really resistant to mold. The structure in them is perfect because there aren't many leaves in bud sites and there are enough air between the buds and all the other plant material. I think this the way for the plant to be mold resistant. In LR#2's there are lots of leaves in buds and they are having mold very easily because air won't move there enough.

Seed runs are the key man - the best way is to use selective breeding to get the best genes for the coming seasons.:)

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
oh man, sad about that, but im shure you guys made the real decision and love will return to your life. in the meanwhile the love for your plants look great, wonderful show, thx bro!

rocket high

Veteran
sorry to here about your plight Laplandish, ive been there myself :comfort: but on the upside you have some good looking plants
good luck LL

A

arcticsun

Hey buddy :wave:

We had a couple of really cold days here aswell, even had some snow in the mountains, was around 15th of august i think. Wayy to early. Dunno about you, but while Russia has had a really warm summer, we've had the worst summer in many many years. An 87 year old man told me he cant remember a colder and wetter summer ever. Its been almost 3 weeks since ive checked up with my girls, been really busy. Ill make a trip asap and show you what they look like when i get back, hope the cold didnt cause too much mold. Right now its not warm, but its sunny atleast, weve had like 10-15 degrees C and no rain the last week. Rest of the summer has been really really wet. I can tell right away that your girls looks bigger then mine. Lets hope for a good dry and sunny autumn ;)

peace m8

Suomi-Prkl

Veteran
too bad about the girl man! hang in there, it will get better.

meanwhile, your plants look like theyre doing ok. can't say about the pkr af x thy's moldproofness since this is the first year of running this cross also for me. the budstructure sure looks appealing, i've got also little leaf and lots of budsites.

too bad about the rough wather, we've had the best summer to my memory in eastern finland, just a tad too dry since i cant visit them regularly. the south of finland has also been very good, with a little more rainfall so early plants are flourishing!

keep your head up mate!

Benefit

Hi Lap! Girlfriends are coming and then left... but real friends will always stay with you. Even wife can break family :( Don't be sad bro everything will be cool and you haven't another chance :D

Most of your plants looks good. Some were damaged? Let the strongest survive ! Anyway you'll got your crop.

Tell us please about your harvested LR potency.

Keep up good work. We all are looking closely to your adventure. If I can help or be usefull just let me know :wave:

Maybe you should think about mini trip to Russia? :tiphat:

N

nukkumatti

I got a song just for you my brother!

RUNAWAY GIRL

Hope ya feeling better.. You know, soon it's time to rock and roll INSIDE bro! And now you can spread your love 110% to your other girlfriends.. ;)

Positive vibes bro!

L

Lapplandish

oh man, sad about that, but im shure you guys made the real decision and love will return to your life. in the meanwhile the love for your plants look great, wonderful show, thx bro!

Thanks mate! I appreciate your words!:huggg:

sorry to here about your plight Laplandish, ive been there myself :comfort: but on the upside you have some good looking plants
good luck LL

Thanks to you rocket! I'm glad I have some nice mates here that had felt this too and can comfort me!:thank you:

Hey buddy :wave:

We had a couple of really cold days here aswell, even had some snow in the mountains, was around 15th of august i think. Wayy to early. Dunno about you, but while Russia has had a really warm summer, we've had the worst summer in many many years. An 87 year old man told me he cant remember a colder and wetter summer ever. Its been almost 3 weeks since ive checked up with my girls, been really busy. Ill make a trip asap and show you what they look like when i get back, hope the cold didnt cause too much mold. Right now its not warm, but its sunny atleast, weve had like 10-15 degrees C and no rain the last week. Rest of the summer has been really really wet. I can tell right away that your girls looks bigger then mine. Lets hope for a good dry and sunny autumn ;)

peace m8

I hope your girls are big over there mate! And I can agree that old man - it's really been worst weather here! Always when there have been a bit warmer weather, it had rained. Easy way to say this is that when the air pressure is high, it's too cold - and when the pressure is low, it's warm but rainy and no sun. Damn! Well, mayby the autumn would be good.. at least I hope so..:freezing:

L

Lapplandish

too bad about the girl man! hang in there, it will get better.

meanwhile, your plants look like theyre doing ok. can't say about the pkr af x thy's moldproofness since this is the first year of running this cross also for me. the budstructure sure looks appealing, i've got also little leaf and lots of budsites.

too bad about the rough wather, we've had the best summer to my memory in eastern finland, just a tad too dry since i cant visit them regularly. the south of finland has also been very good, with a little more rainfall so early plants are flourishing!

keep your head up mate!

Hi there pertza! I'm doing quite better already. Not that down anymore. :)

Plants did ok. But the freeze during nights killed some plants that didn't have a lot coverplants around. And I didn't have any mold issues with those PrxThy plants and I think they really have huge potential to grow late here. I only gave them once anti-mold spray and that have done the job so far.

It really seems like you and BT are going to get a massive harvest this year when I saw the latest pics. Damn mate! I jealous!:respect:

:smoweed:

Hi Lap! Girlfriends are coming and then left... but real friends will always stay with you. Even wife can break family :( Don't be sad bro everything will be cool and you haven't another chance :D

Most of your plants looks good. Some were damaged? Let the strongest survive ! Anyway you'll got your crop.

Tell us please about your harvested LR potency.

Keep up good work. We all are looking closely to your adventure. If I can help or be usefull just let me know :wave:

Maybe you should think about mini trip to Russia? :tiphat:

Yeah mate, you're right! I just have to go look for another gf, but mayby just some pussy before another real gf!;)

Yes, some plants are badly damaged and dead by freeze. But some are ok. I do have some good buds to harvest for sure!:)

Well, my LR #2 breeding process went well this summer. I didn't do any smoke with it because so few plants survived and wanted to make the best seeds only. But what's left after taking seeds out of buds is a really nice weed to smoke. The smell is awesome, kind of fruity to candy - and that's one reason to choose these plants for breeding. Size and shape are good too, a bit bigger than last year, a lot of branches with a lot of buds. Side buds are almost as big as the top - so now they are really productive. Also the males I've chosen are really branchy (and that's not typical with LR males) and had a lot of flowers! And what comes to the high and potency of this weed - yes. The high is really trippy and the potency really is high because a lot of smokers are saying that this can't be outdoor weed! It really makes your head spin around if you smoke too much, but you can't even go to bed with that feeling, it's too strong, you got to move. And this is the only weed that has scared the shit out of me - once I did a little amount of this and I was watching tv. Suddenly I started to hear voices - my mom was talking to me! I was like wtf! Searched the house, nobody. And I live alone in my own house. Fuck me, it didn't stop. I was so fucking scared that I'm going crazy that time. But I didn't so nothing to worry about! I think this weed is better to smoke with friends so you don't have to be worried about the voices or anything else ;)

I got a song just for you my brother!

RUNAWAY GIRL

Hope ya feeling better.. You know, soon it's time to rock and roll INSIDE bro! And now you can spread your love 110% to your other girlfriends.. ;)

Positive vibes bro!

Thanks mate!:thank you: Cool vibes from that song! And I think I might just go out and do that with a lot of gf's! ;)

Peace all! :smoweed:

Suomi-Prkl

Veteran
good to hear you're doing better. let me see and hear about those pkr x thys after they are dry, ok?

hehe thanks man, yep we gonna be up to our waists in bud in a about a month with buddy BT! lmao!

i got some butterflys... it's gonna be a rediculous harvest and will cause some kuumotusta!

rocket high

Veteran
Any news lapplandish .. iam dying to find out how your typhoons have done ..and how you are doing also ... ;)

L

Lapplandish

good to hear you're doing better. let me see and hear about those pkr x thys after they are dry, ok?

hehe thanks man, yep we gonna be up to our waists in bud in a about a month with buddy BT! lmao!

i got some butterflys... it's gonna be a rediculous harvest and will cause some kuumotusta!

I can tell you something about the smoke now. Seems like effects are allmost all in the head with just a little or non effects to body. Taste is good, very strange one, just like the smell. This one makes me want to eat - but not too much. This seems ok to smoke when you go out and have fun!:) Mine wasn't the most potent stuff but it was cut down way too early so there's explanation for that.

I will post some pics later when I get my camera back :)

I think you always find yourself as a true winner after you have survived from a kuumottavasta situation ;)

Any news lapplandish .. iam dying to find out how your typhoons have done ..and how you are doing also ... ;)

Hi there mate!:wave:

Well, I have cut down all the plants. Some of them were taken down way too early. Pehkuruder af x Thypoon seems extremely mold resistant so there's no need to cut those down too early if you are afraid of mold.

There were some seeds in my plants.. don't know who's the father - some of the latest males, that's for sure.

And I'm doing fine now. Just ordered some BOG gear for the winter grows..:)

C

coxswain

Nothing but respect for you northerners. I was whining about wanting to grow at 30 deg latitude the other day. I better shut up. Nicely pulled for those lats. How are those strains regarding smoke/potency?

L

Lapplandish

Nothing but respect for you northerners. I was whining about wanting to grow at 30 deg latitude the other day. I better shut up. Nicely pulled for those lats. How are those strains regarding smoke/potency?

:thank you:

I'd say you should try these. You might be surprised how great these are to smoke. I can't say much about the potency because mine were cut down a bit too early (a month because there were freezing). And this Pehkuruder af x Thypoon is like 90/10 to head/body so it's a bit hard to say how hard hitting stuff this is. You should ask BadTicker and Suomi-Prkl about the potency - those dudes had some serious things going on!:) But the most special thing compared to other strains is the smell and taste. You should try to get these seeds so you don't need to go 30 deg latitude and still you could grow some really nice sativa-leaning strain! And these aren't autoflowering..

Here's some very impressive posts with very super cool pics! You must check these out before whining about your latitude!:dance013:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=3836184&postcount=728

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=3837347&postcount=735

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=3839586&postcount=741

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=3852059&postcount=772

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=3857041&postcount=783

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=3861867&postcount=795

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=3865785&postcount=801

C

coxswain

:thank you:

I'd say you should try these. You might be surprised how great these are to smoke. I can't say much about the potency because mine were cut down a bit too early (a month because there were freezing). And this Pehkuruder af x Thypoon is like 90/10 to head/body so it's a bit hard to say how hard hitting stuff this is. You should ask BadTicker and Suomi-Prkl about the potency - those dudes had some serious things going on!:) But the most special thing compared to other strains is the smell and taste. You should try to get these seeds so you don't need to go 30 deg latitude and still you could grow some really nice sativa-leaning strain! And these aren't autoflowering..

Here's some very impressive posts with very super cool pics! You must check these out before whining about your latitude!:dance013:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=3836184&postcount=728

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=3837347&postcount=735

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=3839586&postcount=741

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=3852059&postcount=772

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=3857041&postcount=783

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=3861867&postcount=795

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=3865785&postcount=801

Again! Awesome stuff!
I would love to try those. You say they aren't autos? Wow. Amazing. I wonder when would I need to put them out to still catch some pure veg time before they go into flower mode here at about 46 lat. We don't get much over 15 hours and 45 minutes of daylight here around summer solstice. When do those trigger from your experience?

L

Lapplandish

Again! Awesome stuff!
I would love to try those. You say they aren't autos? Wow. Amazing. I wonder when would I need to put them out to still catch some pure veg time before they go into flower mode here at about 46 lat. We don't get much over 15 hours and 45 minutes of daylight here around summer solstice. When do those trigger from your experience?

Like I said - these aren't autos. I don't know about growing at 46 lat. But here those showed sex at 24h light and started to flower at 20h light. You have to understand that here at 65 lat. 18 hours light comes when the first freeze comes so.. :sasmokin: the summer here starts at june and end in august, and during those months we have over 18 hours light here at 65 lat. And when august arrives RH climbs up to 80-100 % all day long. So we need super-mold-resistant-plants here. Atm we have almost 12/12 light here but there are no way anything is going to grow out there. I think you should try to get some of these seeds and try out how they react to your light cycle. I hope this text isn't too hard to read.. :)

C

coxswain

Like I said - these aren't autos. I don't know about growing at 46 lat. But here those showed sex at 24h light and started to flower at 20h light. You have to understand that here at 65 lat. 18 hours light comes when the first freeze comes so.. :sasmokin: the summer here starts at june and end in august, and during those months we have over 18 hours light here at 65 lat. And when august arrives RH climbs up to 80-100 % all day long. So we need super-mold-resistant-plants here. Atm we have almost 12/12 light here but there are no way anything is going to grow out there. I think you should try to get some of these seeds and try out how they react to your light cycle. I hope this text isn't too hard to read.. :)

It's perfectly clear to read it. I guess they would start flowering as soon as I'd put them outside. Very cool how you people adapted those plants. It would be fun to try them here just to see how they do. :D
Typhoons maybe.

Suomi-Prkl

Veteran
they wont flower immediately when put outside.

you could prolly put the outside at your latitude at mid may and theyd prolly start to flower after summer solstice or so. they arent true autoflowers in a sense.. in good conditions pkr x thy's grow at least 130cm or so, the later ones being nicely over 2 metres tall. later phenos are better, i've found the most shortest ones to mold pretty easily, they have huge fat tops!

i'd love to see these grown in other countries too, been the best od guerilla plants for me yet!

thanks for showings us off lapp-dude! ;)

Puffster

I would be more than willing to try these out in the harsh coastal climate in western norway....have had great success with purple thy and also some phenos of guerilla gold.