What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!! Rhino Skin Exposed

cannabisology

I have been seeing a lot of misguided people in the forums talking about how great Rhino Skin is and how its a "higher quality product". THIS IS A LOAD OF CRAP.

Look at the derived from section:

POTASSIUM SILICATE

Now, lets look at the derived from section on Dyna Gro's Pro-TeKt or the Yellow Bottle (bloom) Silicon:

POTASSIUM SILICATE

Hmmmm..... Whats the difference???

WELL.... Big mike and the other marketing geniuses that you have all made VERY, VERY wealthy will tell you : (quote from advanced nutrients website) "Unlike all other hydroponics silicate products, Rhino Skin is easy to mix and easy for your plants to absorb. That’s because Rhino Skin contains the correct form of silica for use in all types of hydroponics gardening situations."

Well Big Mike.... According to the derived from section, which you are required by law to have on the bottle, you have the EXACT same stuff as pro-TeKt, but for some reason yours works better...... hmm..... Must be the magic fairy dust they put in every bottle. Or maybe Big Mike has an answer...

O wait... OF COURSE HE DOES... HES BIG MIKE... HE KNOWS ALL THIS STUFF THAT TONS AND TONS OF PHD PLANT SCIENTISTS JUST COULDN'T FIGURE OUT.

Ready for the answer? He claims that (another quote) :
"Other companies make products with inferior sources of SiO2 that create pH problems and unnecessary salinity in the nutrient solution. These inferior products can actually deter growth and reduce yield."

Ok... Wow... it makes sense now big mike.. You guys somehow have secured a deal with a secret manufacturer of super potassium silicate that is so much better than any other potassium silicate and somehow you managed to strike a deal that they will ONLY sell that stuff to Advanced Nutrients and NOT A SINGLE OTHER SOUL ON THE PLANET........

OR

ADVANCED NUTRIENTS IS FULL OF CRAP AND RIPPING PEOPLE OFF EVERY HOUR OF EVERY DAY.

Pro-TeKt - 7.8 % silicon derived from potassium silicate
Rhino skin - 1% silicon derived from potassium silicate

Pro-Tekt - $15
Rhino-Skin - $35

Now don't you feel silly.......?

Advanced Nutrients- The best marketing and advertising money can buy!!

Rhino peace

Aren't we angry toads?

And yes, rhino skin is the best product here.
Let me explain why. At 1% concentration, it is MUCH safer for you to drink it.

:D

A

arcticsun

LMAO ... like EVERY producer isnt claiming their product is the best.. Its called MARKETING!!!

GTFO... YOU are full of shit!

IC BUDZ

Miracle grow, is the shit better then dyna-gro and advanced ive tested all three side by side five times miracle grow wins hands down

mr noodles

way back in old day all we where using was 20-20-20 and 15-30-15 and we had great crop, roadkill skunk to be exact . circa 1988 .

you can grow plants with urine too

all brand work with a minimal effort .

T

tokinafaty420

this guy is the biggest troll here
he wasted like 20 mins of his life going back and giving me thumbs down on my last 8 posts, oh boohoo!!!!

Report it to JJ, lol he posted not so long ago if anyone does such a thing its an instant ban. heh

Also people some accusing anyone who criticizes a product as a sales rep or troll. You guys are the ones in HIS thread making ACCUSATIONS about the poster not the other way around. Yes, a lot of the time companies will use the exact same source for a raw material. What exactly AN is charging for could be a number of things you cannot see or actually hold in your hand. Either way, AN has to charge more for their product to maintain a profitable margin. The other company could have had lower raw materials costs and/or did not research the product as extensively before releasing it allowing them to have a lower price for the same product.

dwarfganja

Oh I am sure JJ is watching. There was a post from him already deleted talking shit to the mods....I figured he would be long gone already!

G

Guest 18340

I don't keep up with the soap operas so I don't know who's trolling who's thread and flinging bad rep. Soooooo, if anyone has a problem with someone whom they think is a troll, please shoot me a pm and state your case and things can/will be handled the proper way. Let's not dirty the mans thread by calling folks out.
The man has had enough of Rhino Skin so he started a thread about it. Agree/disagree with him but please let's not let things get outta hand.
Rhino Skin? Wtf will they come out with next?

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
rhino skin is not the problem..

if we want options and free will, just let them do what they do. your not forced to buy it or be put to death..

yes there is many silica sources.. what something cheaper the your dyna stuff even?

-sand
-rice hulls
-many clays

there will always be something "better" and something "worse" . just use what works for you. If we put half as much complaining into solving answers we might actually get somewhere..

i just made a thread about silica mineral, i am getting nowhere with info or uses/benefits. i just posted the thread in this section. if anyone could help me understand what it does, i would be very grateful. i think i have pure silica minerals, food quality, & fine grained. i can post another pic, but someone pleeeeez tell me what the heck to do with it or wehat it does?? should i top dress to kill gnats/aphids like DE? should i mix in water & feed? i am clueless. thanks all.

Attachments

• random cam apr 10 024.jpg
    random cam apr 10 024.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 15
G

good drown

Report it to JJ, lol he posted not so long ago if anyone does such a thing its an instant ban. heh

Also people some accusing anyone who criticizes a product as a sales rep or troll. You guys are the ones in HIS thread making ACCUSATIONS about the poster not the other way around. Yes, a lot of the time companies will use the exact same source for a raw material. What exactly AN is charging for could be a number of things you cannot see or actually hold in your hand. Either way, AN has to charge more for their product to maintain a profitable margin. The other company could have had lower raw materials costs and/or did not research the product as extensively before releasing it allowing them to have a lower price for the same product.
jj yelled at me for waisting his time