What's new

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!! Rhino Skin Exposed

the never ending hydro mentality of lets add back to are sterlie medium whats already in dirt. all media hype, all b.s. if u cant grow bomb weed with a one part your doing something wrong

toohighmf

Veteran
toohighmf

If you really want to make some serious money, look into buying a bag of K-Mag (aka Sul-Po-Mag or langbeinite) aka 'soluble potash'

Runs about $19.00 for 50 lbs. (for a single bag) and you can do the rest of the calculations but you'd end up with thousands and thousands of gallons of a 'potassium supplement'

CC

lol your right! I'm just far too lazy. I was totally kidding by the way. I'm actually down to my last half liter. should last this 16 lighter another year or so.. lol

toohighmf

Veteran
really? what was it?

stolen from their site. it used to say it right on the bottle too..

"Barricade - Points of Difference
1. Uses PURE potassium silicate - Barricade is not watered down and is the most concentrated on the market.

2. High concentration rate gives growers the best value for their money.

3. Buffers nutrient toxicities."

G

grow nerd

Don't quote me but I want to say 16% or 17%. Either way it was for sure significantly less than 26.5% because I remember once comparing it to Hydro-Garden's potassium silicate. I'm not sure that it would be in liquid form at room temperature at 100% purity.

indifferent

Veteran
It all boild down to this:

ADVANCED NUTRIENTS IS FULL OF CRAP AND RIPPING PEOPLE OFF EVERY HOUR OF EVERY DAY.

Pro-TeKt - 7.8 % silicon derived from potassium silicate
Rhino skin - 1% silicon derived from potassium silicate

Pro-Tekt - $15
Rhino-Skin - $35

Quite clearly, AN is ripping people off with the price they are charging for a very dilute product.

I'm currently using Dutchmaster Silica, it is 6.6% potassium silicate with 2% soluble potash and 0.041% chelated manganese. It works and I got it cheap.

G

grow nerd

I'm not sure if that's marketing linguistics or actual scientific description of "pure" and "not watered down". All I know is that the Barricade bottle / label / whatever used to state the percentage of potassium silicate, and it was quite a bit lower than 26.5%.

Maybe someone a bit more familiar with chemicals / molecular properties / etc. can confirm what state pure potassium silicate is in at room temperature. I'm leaning towards solid salt, but I'm not sure.

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
there is not a single AN product you cannot find for at least half price in another company. usually much less than half when you calculate in how little active ingredient AN gives in it's products.
AN is for bling bling fools

DeoXy

WTF? how is AN too expensive? it's called the inet w/ google... I got the same bottles of AN line of products that hydro stores sell for $40+ dollars for HALF.. and I've tested many other brands(not hating on ANY as I use a mixture of different branded products in MY lineup)... all got their pro's and con's...I've never had problems using any AN line product.. and WILL continue to do so. Don't buy it if you think its too expensive... I doubt a company that's supposably "based" on lies would still be around if there was BETTER cheaper shit out there.. no one would buy it.... Everyone's always gotta have something to Hate on and Bitch about.. I swear.. like someone put's a GUN to their head and say's BUY IT!

toohighmf

Veteran
I'm not sure if that's marketing linguistics or actual scientific description of "pure" and "not watered down". All I know is that the Barricade bottle / label / whatever used to state the percentage of potassium silicate, and it was quite a bit lower than 26.5%.

Maybe someone a bit more familiar with chemicals / molecular properties / etc. can confirm what state pure potassium silicate is in at room temperature. I'm leaning towards solid salt, but I'm not sure.

Canna MAX was 50% and I guarantee AN was 100%. you seem to forget I worked for them or something.

G

grow nerd

Can you pull up any references to the 100% thing besides use of somewhat vague marketing lingo? Here's some more straight from AN:

"Barricade is made from potassium silicate (K2SiO2); this is the most horticulturally valued source of silicon. This material is very dense and appears like solubilized, liquid sand."
(Not "made of", or "is". I don't remember Barricade being sludgy, it was very fluid although less viscous than plain water.)

Didn't know Canna had a silica product.

Wanna keep going for 100% or will you agree based on suggested data so far that you could be wrong?

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
WTF? how is AN too expensive? it's called the inet w/ google... I got the same bottles of AN line of products that hydro stores sell for $40+ dollars for HALF.. and I've tested many other brands(not hating on ANY as I use a mixture of different branded products in MY lineup)... all got their pro's and con's...I've never had problems using any AN line product.. and WILL continue to do so. Don't buy it if you think its too expensive... I doubt a company that's supposably "based" on lies would still be around if there was BETTER cheaper shit out there.. no one would buy it.... Everyone's always gotta have something to Hate on and Bitch about.. I swear.. like someone put's a GUN to their head and say's BUY IT!
you are out to lunch dude. honestly every single product AN has is cheaper somewhere else, look at the insane amount of advertising dollars they spend. How do you think they pay for that.
Do yourself a favour and switch, you'll save money and get better products for you buck, just tellin ya the truth. Chemicals are chemicals there is not one company with better shit, just cheaper and better formulated.
tell me a single AN product to replace one of mine, make it from AN and make it cheaper or even find me an AN product with more active ingredients than these????? Truth is you can't deliver on any of those points.
Sorry bro just being honest

toohighmf

Veteran
Can you pull up any references to the 100% thing besides use of somewhat vague marketing lingo? Here's some more straight from AN:

(Not "made of", or "is". I don't remember Barricade being sludgy, it was very fluid although less viscous than plain water.)

Didn't know Canna had a silica product.

Wanna keep going for 100% or will you agree based on suggested data so far that you could be wrong?

1)the first reference I left being PURE potassium silicate pretty much says it all.

2) the shit is thicker than snot. it has a similar consistency to carbo load. it is not very fluid at all.

3) I am starting to doubt you ever used it in your life. 1/2 liter has lasted longer than 10 gallons of Pro silicate would ever.

G

grow nerd

I have credit card statements to prove I've bought almost every bottle of AN additive there is at one point in time. I don't remember it being anywhere near as thick as you describe.

toohighmf

Veteran
I don't care to see them. do you have any evidence that it is not 100%? Are/were you an Authority on AN? I was... Your making me defend the bastards and I am no way or shape trying to do anything but be accurate.

G

grow nerd

I will try but maybe I will end up correcting myself. As I have done before. Maybe not.

DeoXy

B. Friendly I don't disagree with you lol.. your prob. right, just saying I use AN.. and price was never what influenced me.. nor the advertising shit, just friends who have been growing for years recommendations.. and FTR I've had most of these same big ass bottles of AN sensi grow n bloom for 3+ years lol, I grow on a small scale (8plants or less).. and am still trying other things on the market.. ppl will always have different needs.. plants aswell.. seems like from one grow to another many needs can change.. I welcome anything new aslong as it WORKS!... with proof to go with it, and my proof for my system is in the end product.. deff. not here to ass kiss AN's shit, just saying used it and have no complaints lol...Heck come to think of it I still have bottles of Earth Juice's Line and Botanicare's line of products still laying around.

toohighmf

Veteran
it all fuckin works bro! straight up. and it works about as good as commercial 20-20-20 bloom salt fert. with subtle quality enhancements when used PROPERLY. few can wrestle a 10+ bottle reg. and get the true benefits. however plants only require the about 10 bare elements to achieve the highest of quality/yields.

C

Carl Carlson

Silica is a resource that is found in abundance in the earths crust (the secondmost available resource if im not mistaken). As such, I think it is reasonably safe to assume that our beloved cannabis plant is accustomed to it and uses it during its life cycle.

That assumption is false. With regards to Silicon, plants are known to be one of responsive, accumulators only or unresponsive.

Cannabis is responsive as many of us have found.

indifferent

Veteran
toohighmf is right, Barricade was super thick and gloopy. Here is what the old label looked like when An were still up in Canada, it's pretty telling how much their labels have changed since, back then they looked pretty muh like you would expect a plant food bottle to look, nowadays they have ludicrous cartoon characters and blurbs that are so gushing they make you sick!

Barricade_label.jpg

With an application rate of 0.1ml per litre, quite clearly it's many, many times less dilute than the shit they are selling today!

Here is the Rhino Skin label:

RhinoSkin_4L-01-4020-15.jpg

Notice how they have added some sickening blurb about rhino and a fancy picture of one. Oh, and now the application rate is 2ml per litre.

So the old potassium silicate they made was 0.1ml per litre, the new one 2ml per litre, that means the new version is 20x more dilute than the old one.

There you go, direct fuckin evidence AN are ripping people off by reformulating things so they are many times more dilute.

Fuck AN!

Latest posts

Latest posts