What's new

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!! Rhino Skin Exposed

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
There is a difference between taking up silica through the roots and taking it in through foliar feeding. They each have benefits associated with them. I grow organically but use dyna grow s a foliar feed since i already have silica in my soil. Silica applied foliar gives better resistance to heat and stress by form a thick "skin" that slows transpiration. This is what gives its ability to deter bugs and increase heat resistance.

I will never buy an AN product, maybe because i can buy big bags of my organic ingredients and make different things for different periods. AN is to the cannabis world as Dyna grow is for orchids. Marketing is the key here and their specifically marketing towards cannabis growers.

Rhinoskin-l.gif

I have no problems with Advanced. The only two products that have any true value are Big Bud, and VHO. Everything else is over priced.

However, I do not mind. Why? They have the best website, customer service, grow faqs, grow tests, etc, than any other nutrient company I've bought from. I've noticed 20% bigger yields using Big Bud vs Kool Bloom.

I personally don't care that people think Advanced Nutrients is a rip off. They run their business very well, even if they are rolling around in stretch Hummers filled with bought pussy, booz and shit loads of coke. I don't care.

swordfish

AMEN BROTHER..... THE STUFF WORKS PERIOD

Rhinoskin-l.gif

I have no problems with Advanced. The only two products that have any true value are Big Bud, and VHO. Everything else is over priced.

However, I do not mind. Why? They have the best website, customer service, grow faqs, grow tests, etc, than any other nutrient company I've bought from. I've noticed 20% bigger yields using Big Bud vs Kool Bloom.

I personally don't care that people think Advanced Nutrients is a rip off. They run their business very well, even if they are rolling around in stretch Hummers filled with bought pussy, booz and shit loads of coke. I don't care.

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I can add, there info on there products is amazing. try and find the amount of info on any other nutrient companies website..

I was once looking at there info for mycos a long time ago.. and the read was very long

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
all i know is:
I CAN'T HANDLE THE REALNESS!!!!

but on a more serious note does anyone have any data showing significant silica uptake by cannabis (or other C4 plants) from slow release (nonsoluble) sources? Not being a dick here, but I've only ever seen silica studies that use soluble sources like Pro-Tekt, either in the roots or as a foliar app. and I wonder how effective slow release sources (rice hulls, pyritic clay etc....) could be for a crop that's pulled in less than six months.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
i havent looked at the bottle in a few years, but Silica Blast use to list Potassium and Sodium silicate. I looked into this a few years ago and I thought I found most forms of potassium silicate were K2SiO3. I may be wrong, and ive seen multiple listings for Sodium Silicate (one of which was Na2SiO3).

The last time I looked at the bottle it said at 5ml/Gal its 105ppm and it listed as 2% Silicates.

The Na hasnt caused me a problem, I use SB religiously @ 5ml/Gal (I even give 1-2ml/Gal to cuttings). (Although this Pro-Tekt at 7.8% looks intriguing.)

Si is the second most abundant element in the earths crust. I think plants like it more than 'science' leads us to believe.

kysmoker

First post here on icmag, ive read some post from time to time though.

Some of you guys may recognize me from grasscity or rollitup (or shroomery if your into that kind of thing :biggrin:). As for the original question, yes, I have used Rhino Skin before.

Silica is a resource that is found in abundance in the earths crust (the secondmost available resource if im not mistaken). As such, I think it is reasonably safe to assume that our beloved cannabis plant is accustomed to it and uses it during its life cycle.

However, potassium silicate (which is the most commonly used silica additive, because your plant absorbs it in this form more easily, and and its much water soluble) has a tenancy to spike PH (in effect, think of it as a low grade PH up). Thats why I think AN chose to use 1% instead of 7. When you do use it, make sure you do so a few hours (atleast) before you add your other nutrients. After a few hours, check the PH of your growing medium or reservoir. Adjust as necessary, and then continue with your feeding once your PH is good.

I noticed overall healthier plants when I used rhino skin, my stems got a bit thicker and much harder. Also the leaves seemed to be more durable (thicker cell walls) after using it for a few weeks. This can actually make supercropping a bit harder btw, a fair warning lol.

Overall I was satisfied with the product. But to be honest I havent tested it against other silica products (Ive been using AN since I started, really dont see the point in switching to another product line).

G

grow nerd

Why can't you just water it down to 1% yourself?

Is this why AN got rid of Barricade? To increase profits through larger revenue generated by diluting products?

Who's the new label guy, anyways? Why should the thought of a bud with thick scales be appealing?

Dynamite

LMMFAO!!

LMMFAO!!

I used Rhino Skin,I liked it..I've used pro-tekt for years and love it..I think one of the biggest things is AN needed RhinoSkin for their new dipshit proof ph/ppm perfect line...barricade surely doesnt fit that motto

dont know about rhino skin but ground rhino horn is supposed to give you a boner

Thats the funniest shit I've read in months!!!!:laughing:

LOL..I couldn't agree more

I swear by DM Gold,but still buy AN's products regularly because I can..

I get 2+ with them,and I get 2+ without them..

good stuff,thanks for the laugh guys..Peace

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OK guys I want to know what this product does that would make me change from my current Nutrients. Is this stuff even nutrients.

B

Bud Bug

Locally here

Rhino Skin 4L $90 (2ml per liter - 8ml pr gallon)
Nutrilife Pro Guard 4L $35 (5-10ml per gallon)
Grotek Pro Silicate $35 (5-10 mls per gallon)
Hydrotek Potassium Silicate 1L $25 (1ml per gallon)

hmmmm

No matter how you look at it the price is a rip off.

toohighmf

Veteran
barricade was 100% potassium silicate. it was great for both a silicate and PH up. now they make a 2%.. how many gallons of rhino skin does a gallon of barricade make? And it costs more???? thank god I still have a few liters of barricade. when I run out I'll buy a 55 gallon drum of potassium silicate for under $500, bottle it and label it 100% potassium silicate. wholesale liters for $20. I'll make a killing without advertising or fancy labels, or mention anything but "corrosive". As for those talkin smack about Dynagrow bloom 1 part... Don't even go there. it's probable one of the highest grade ferts out there. do your research.

B

Bazarocka

WTF

WTF

Aren't we angry toads?
it is MUCH safer for you to drink it. :D

Did I Miss Something???:blowbubbles:Drink,,,,drink what? Thats as crazy as the bongwater shit I was checking out earlier. But as far as AN, "couldn't give me there shit" GH all the way/....,:artist:

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
barricade was 100% potassium silicate. it was great for both a silicate and PH up. now they make a 2%.. how many gallons of rhino skin does a gallon of barricade make? And it costs more???? thank god I still have a few liters of barricade. when I run out I'll buy a 55 gallon drum of potassium silicate for under $500, bottle it and label it 100% potassium silicate. wholesale liters for $20. I'll make a killing without advertising or fancy labels, or mention anything but "corrosive". As for those talkin smack about Dynagrow bloom 1 part... Don't even go there. it's probable one of the highest grade ferts out there. do your research.
toohighmf

If you really want to make some serious money, look into buying a bag of K-Mag (aka Sul-Po-Mag or langbeinite) aka 'soluble potash'

Runs about $19.00 for 50 lbs. (for a single bag) and you can do the rest of the calculations but you'd end up with thousands and thousands of gallons of a 'potassium supplement'

CC

i use a silicate product by botanicare was like 12 bucks or so. does anyone know if diotamaceous earth can be used as a silicate source it is silicate in make up and it kills most insects.