Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growroom Designs & Equipment > Hidden rooms and such...

Thread Title Search
Hidden rooms and such... Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-15-2009, 04:57 AM #1
ItsAllOver
Devil's Advocate

ItsAllOver has a spectacular aura aboutItsAllOver has a spectacular aura aboutItsAllOver has a spectacular aura aboutItsAllOver has a spectacular aura aboutItsAllOver has a spectacular aura about
Lightbulb Hidden rooms and such...

I was looking at YouTube videos about this hidden rooms and spaces, and came to a couple videos of this brand of hidden doors. (videos in the Products section of the site) They are pretty cool, but I bet they're expensive.
It'd be easy enough to DIY something like this, depending on your carpentry skills.
Here's a company that does a little more custom jobs than above... I highly suggest you watch that video
I have seen people here on ICmag (shout to: Lightning Bug) turn the first part of a bedroom entrance into a closet, which was another nice stealthy way to keep guests out of your grow.

There are some books on Amazon that I've found interesting, too...
Secret Rooms, Secret Compartments
How to Hide Anything
How to Bury Your Goods
How to Implement a High Security Shelter in the Home

And while we're at it, why not
Carpentry and Construction
for those that need that link, too, to get them started in the right direction.

Just thought I'd post this to spark some imaginations...
Anyone have ideas?

Life Rafts - Floating Bubble Cloner
Cloning Form - Demystifying Cloning! (hopefully)
------------------------------------
"Always do whatever's next."
"Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?"
RIP George Carlin
Money as Debt - Failure is built into our world economic system. You need to understand why. Begin your search here.
Are we really still talking about god?
ItsAllOver is offline Quote

Old 11-15-2009, 04:58 AM #2
cellardweller

Old 11-15-2009, 05:02 AM #3
Lazyman
Overkill is under-rated.

Lazyman has much to be proud ofLazyman has much to be proud ofLazyman has much to be proud ofLazyman has much to be proud ofLazyman has much to be proud ofLazyman has much to be proud ofLazyman has much to be proud ofLazyman has much to be proud ofLazyman has much to be proud ofLazyman has much to be proud ofLazyman has much to be proud of
Cool thread, but know that cops are very good at finding hidden rooms! I love the bookcase one above, nice pic!

All about Growroom cooling: Keepin' it cool man (my 1st published article)
How to automate reservoir top offs or most anything water-related
The only UV-B lighting thread worth a damn
CO2 for dummies

Big grow:
The 36KW medical/perpetual basement

Lazyman is offline Quote

Old 11-15-2009, 05:08 AM #4
ItsAllOver
Devil's Advocate

ItsAllOver has a spectacular aura aboutItsAllOver has a spectacular aura aboutItsAllOver has a spectacular aura aboutItsAllOver has a spectacular aura aboutItsAllOver has a spectacular aura about
I'm sure they are. I have seen enough evidence of that just by studying news reports to make me believe. I mean after all if you can see that there is a bedroom sized chunk of a house framed out and finished on the outside, there should be equivalent space inside the house. But I have seen areas underneath staircases, and other "wasted" space that could totally use a new bookshelf. Another possible one is a closet that opens into a crawlspace or similar from inside a basement... Anyway, good call on the disclaimer, though!

"Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?"
RIP George Carlin
Money as Debt - Failure is built into our world economic system. You need to understand why. Begin your search here.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:56 AM #5
*mistress*

*mistress* has disabled reputation
"The Best Dam Grow Show"
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=35539

enjoy your garden!
*all posts by *mistress* are for entertainment and/or educational purposes only. concepts, characters, descriptions, approximations, estimations, are the product of *mistress* imagination, and used fictitiously. no post intends to describe, nor infer, the actual conduct of any persons, living or dead. any resemblance is purely coincidental.*

"This site is for educational and entertainment purposes only." -ICMAG
*mistress* is offline Quote

Old 11-21-2009, 02:11 AM #6
ben ttech
Banned

ben ttech will become famous soon enoughben ttech will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazyman View Post
Cool thread, but know that cops are very good at finding hidden rooms!!

i would contest this statement, as it all depends on the spacial ability of the officers...

i remember back at og, we had a young grower who lived with his parents and the cops arrived and searched the house. they didnt find his grow, but their tip was good enough that the leaned on him to the point that he showed them where he had conceled it.

few people with a firm grib on spacial understanding are forced into such dead ends and law enforcement...

cops are assholes cuz their dead blind dumb shits MOST often...

the exceptions among them are drug addicts
ben ttech is offline Quote

Old 11-21-2009, 02:52 AM #7
temunator
wibblywobbly

temunator will become famous soon enough
seen them some months ago and thought u need a room without windows and such to do something like this^^

Old 11-21-2009, 03:02 AM #8
Aeroguerilla
I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle

Aeroguerilla has much to be proud ofAeroguerilla has much to be proud ofAeroguerilla has much to be proud ofAeroguerilla has much to be proud ofAeroguerilla has much to be proud ofAeroguerilla has much to be proud ofAeroguerilla has much to be proud ofAeroguerilla has much to be proud ofAeroguerilla has much to be proud ofAeroguerilla has much to be proud ofAeroguerilla has much to be proud of
dude you guys c the one with the fire place and the chessboard? move a few pieces and walaaa fire place slides open to reveal a hidden room teehee
Aeroguerilla is offline Quote

Old 11-21-2009, 03:03 AM #9
dubwise
in the thick of it

dubwise is a name known to alldubwise is a name known to alldubwise is a name known to alldubwise is a name known to alldubwise is a name known to alldubwise is a name known to alldubwise is a name known to alldubwise is a name known to alldubwise is a name known to alldubwise is a name known to alldubwise is a name known to all
We have a cool stealthy entrance kind of like that bookcase shown on the first post. total diy w/ a nice locking mechanism. but i bet if those horrible porkers wanted to find the room, they would tear down every wall to get to it.

Old 11-21-2009, 04:27 AM #10
ItsAllOver
Devil's Advocate

dubwise:
Care to explain? Pictures of the hinge and lock mechanism?
Thx if you can!

I think more about burglars and guests when I think about designing a hidden entry way... The only way to hide effectively from the pigs is to be underground with a very well hidden entrance, IMO, and even that can fail if they watch you well enough...

RIP George Carlin