What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Berlin Wall: Part II

Germanator

It has been more than a year since I last posted any pictures from my most recent project, and since I have a new set of challenges ahead of me I decided it was time to start posting.

The room is intact but the times have changed...

2 X 600 Watt digital ballasts now reside within the room, making the hum of last year a memory.

The room has been through mid day power outages/spider mites/PM/ and a turbine falling from the ceiling!!! Things could be worse though. The PM is gone, the mites are gone...and the ceiling has been reinforced.

The room is on a 18/6 schedule now and houses only 2 mothers (One DJ Short Blueberry and one OG Kush X Bubba Kush). I haven't had to keep mothers for about 4 years now so it has been a task. I got the bright idea that with all the Medicinal clubs being closed as of late I should stop picking up clones and simply keep my own genetics. I made the lazy mistake of using a different brand of soil (have used FFOF for some time) and had all sorts of issues with the health of my Mammas
:bashhead:

PH has been too high and I have had just about every other nutrient difficiency as a result.

Things are looking up and I plan to take cuts as soon as possible.

Blueberry (always been a favorite of mine)

OG X BK (Best of both worlds form my 2 favorite Kush strains)

This thing will pick up when the cuts are taken....just thought I would get it up and get used to taking pictures with the old POS!!! camera HAHA
:laughing:

Best of luck in your gardens

Germ :joint:

Germanator

trouble- Thanks, yes it is a false wall. I still have some work to do inside before I take cuts, but I'll get some new photos up when all is done. I'll explain the layout of the room when I get those up...the vent near the floor is intake and the vent near the window is the exhaust. Obviously a lot more details, but I'll explain the rest later.

Germ

trouble

Veteran
Germanator said:
trouble- Thanks, yes it is a false wall. I still have some work to do inside before I take cuts, but I'll get some new photos up when all is done. I'll explain the layout of the room when I get those up...the vent near the floor is intake and the vent near the window is the exhaust. Obviously a lot more details, but I'll explain the rest later.

Germ

Thanks Germanator, I'm looking forward to seeing your entire layout. I really like your concept and will be locking on to your thread at once.

Gunten Tag,

trouble

yeknomssa

nice grow man. definitely one to watch.

i really like the false wall deal, been dreaming about ideas for hidden rooms since i can remember heh.

Germanator

Before I sign out for the night Sammet I'll send you a PM with my yoga instructor's #...seriously it is the one thing I will change next time I build one!

Germ

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
do you crawl through that hole? :eek: As soon as I can give more rep, it's coming your way!

G

Before taking cuts bro hit them up with some magnesium.they are pretty starved for it.A tablespoon epsom salts per gallon when you feed will fix those girlies up before you take cuts.

Germanator

Sammet, Yes I do when I have to get into the room. Most plants can be reached by moving the center pots out and sliding in, and all watering is done through a pressure pump on my belly...it is a pain, but it works.

American, Thanks for the heads up. I haven't had a nutrient difficiency in so long that when problems started showing I had to break out a book and read up on it! All my old organic amendments were likely bad so i had to run out and buy new. I'll hit them with the Mag and see how they look in a week. Right now they aren't in any shape to give cuts but they are looking better each day with the PH dropping.

Y

YwouldntI

the room is stealthy as f!!k i still cant see where the false wall is lookin forward to some more detailed pics.il like your stilo

Germanator

Since ICMAG is going through growing pains, here are some older pictures to give an idea of the room's guts...I'll get the new ones up when IC allows.

^ The entrance is simply drywall with some foam on the interior side. The negative pressure from inside keeps it flush and the cheap IKEA couch blocks all sound from within.

This is where the wall begins and pictured is the rooms intake. The entire wall (not inside) was set up in 3 days. 1 to frame, 2 to drywall, 3 to paint.

Supplies kept in this chest, which is always locked...if any of this is repetitive from last year...SORRY haha, but I have new pictures coming.

Interior shot of the intake. The air is split once it enters, one duct going to the room (filtered through carbon)and the second goes through the air cooled hoods.

The exhaust joins the warm air from the room ( carbon filtered) and the warm air from the hoods, and pushes both through a silencer and out into the living space shown below is the exhaust.

The outside window is close to the vent allowing for easy air exchange, and during the summer the window is closed alowing for the house AC to lower the temp.

Once all is said and done the room should get back to looking something like this.........

Be safe,
Germ
:joint:

Last edited:

thugon

...booyakashot!

...booyakashot!

:crazy: You are either extremely paranoid and crazy or YOUR THE F'in MAN! :yoinks: an invisible wall thats crazzzy!!! im definitely gonna tune in bro so keep it up maybe this grow will be your best yet.. GOOD LUCK :rasta:

PEEACE!

Germanator

Weclome to ICMAG thugon. I'd say I have a healthy sense of paranoia. Maybe its best descibed as being careful. I don't live in fear though...no, just aware that people get paid to make our lives miserable. Again welcome.

Germ

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Loving the new photos man - truly one of the only grows I've seen that is actually stealth. Have you taken cuttings yet? I'm just putting some MK from my last grow through the vap, mmm lemony goodness. :wave:

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Awesome thread Germanator
The first stealth grow i ve seen, impressive !
Good grow :)

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
pandapuff08 said:
That room is amazing. My buddy just bought a house with a huge hidden room (unknown to the realtor) that was built for the Y2K 'meltdown'. Some strange military dude handbuilt it with a reinforced 2' thick metal door that seams perfectly to the outer wall. Luckily, it was unlocked... Totally soundproof, smellproof. I told him I could feed an entire 3rd world country with all the green I could grow in there. And yeah, he's really digging onthe idea. *hopefully* some start up pics coming REAL soon. 'll take pics of the room tomorrow and try to post them.

you might have a problem with the upload until around monday if you're planning on using ICmags galleries. Sounds great though, you and germinator should start a thread showing off hidden grow rooms :D

Germanator

YwouldntI- Thanks bro, the inside pictures are crap with that HPS glowing, but I'll get the new ones up in the near future.

Sammet- The wall isn't represented here on IC the way it used to be on OG. I think the only other one I've seen is Blazeoneup's and his is on another level. I have a friend who owns his place and his wall looks a bit more like Blaze's...because he owns the property. That MK is good smoke, enjoy yourself.

titoon- Thanks, I've tried to make all my grows with stealth in mind. The wall was the next step.

Pandapuff- Welcome to ICMAG! If your friend is serious about setting up that secret room I would tell him to spend some time thinking about venting the space. If the space is too small to accommodate an AC unit you will have to have plenty of fresh airflow...there are a lot of other things involved, but I'd say that has been the most constant concern in my room.

Good luck in your gardens

Germ

Latest posts

Latest posts