What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Berlin Wall

Germanator

Welcome all to my most recent room! The goals going into this project were many, and hopefully I have accomplished many of them.

First, I do not own this house! (Though I know the owner fairly well) Keep this in mind when commenting on possible venting problems (ie going through the ceiling or burrowing trough an existing wall). The wall and room were designed to blend in with surrounding as much as possible. The wall was built out of the lightest building material possible...aluminum frame (not wood)...thin drywall slabs...etc etc.

I hope that all will take something away from joining in, or simply looking through posts as an observer. I would like to invite anyone to comment on IMPROVEMENTS, FLAWS, SOLUTIONS, A GENERAL LOVE FOR THE PLANT, OR SOCCER (< be careful with this one)

Let us begin

Germ :joint:

Germanator

The wall (without a few "give away" decorations)

A shot of the fire alarm within the living space and the exhaust in the upper right.

Intake on the bottom left

Another shot of exhaust- notice the proximity of the window in the shot...this allows for relatively fluid air exchange within the outer room.

Bottom left of wall...notice floorboard blending in with existing wall

Digital Ballasts were scrapped in set up because of a simple lack of funds...as a result the only "non stealth" aspect is the ballasts on the outside of the room. This problem will be fixed in 2 months.

Chest with all tools (is always locked)

Entrance is simply a piece of drywall with door sealer along the outside...the negative pressure of the room keeps it flush, and most smell is contained by the tarp on the other side. An ozone Gen in used during flowering in the living space...as well as veg, when door is open.

Germanator

remove shoes and wash hands....ok :bat:

View right

View left

My bread and butter as of late has been Master Kush...here is one having been trained for 3 weeks

Same from above

The lone OG Kush X Sour Diesel lady...even in veg I've been favoring her. 3 wks trained

OG X SD From above

Germanator

tomorrow I will transplant and flip em to flower. I will snap some shots of the inside....because who really cares about the outside anyway, right?

If anyone is interested my count is as follows (15 MK) (1 OGX SD) (1 tiny Bubba Kush)

Can't wait to get some of the interior shots up...more to come

Germ :joint:

Germanator

Last thing...

Soul- The small Bubba is from the source you recomended...we will see how she does...and the next round will be influenced by her.

H

h g

good luck with your grow germ... i was in Berlin when the wall came down in 1989....i hope your Berlin Wall is more secure :wave:

Germanator

More to come in a few hours...

H G- I was in Central Germany when the wall came down, it was a very jouyous time in the weeks after...Great parties, and better memories. This wall (not much unlike Berlin's) will some day come down. At the moment I am contemplating buying the house in a year or two...at which time I would have to take it down...only to rebuild a better one!

When I get done later I'll put up some more photos, to give you all an idea of the guts.

Germ

Germanator

Here are some shots of transplanting.The whole thing took longer than I was expecting...and since I had my camera on the entire time I was working (and snaping shots) the battery died right when I got into the room!!! :badday:

I managed to take a couple...here they are.

The walls are covered in Poly Shield. It is designed to interupt IR scanners (stop the birds from lookin in). I AM in compliance, but I do not own the house, and would like to avoid having to deal with the authorities.

I am running 1600 W during flower. The light easily covers the space and temps stay between 75-80 when on during the day. I have no humidifier, so I am at the mercy of mother nature. You may notice water jugs with the tops cut off in a small attempt to raise the humidity from time to time.

There is a CO2 Gen, running off of propane and the lights are aircooled...I run soil and keep it as organic as possible (Superthrive being the sole non organic fert).

Questions or comments are welcome, peace

Germ

^ A shot of the intake. It splits, one for the lights and the other for the room itslef

The room's exhaust is hanging in the corner and the second turbine is not in this shot...damn battery life!

Another of the intake snaking up the wall toward the cooled hoods...Ill get in there soon and try and get some better pics as they progress.

:joint:

G

that room is hidden beautifully!! let me know when you wanna sell your house. Im lookin forward to more pics of the inside!

Germanator

irish- thanks, I put a lot of work into the exterior. The room you see in the pics is the same size as my bedroom, the two of them are seperated by a 5 foot gap (not really a doorway)...so I wanted to be able to show people my room. A good friend of mine also has a similar grow going on, in a larger scale. He owns his house, and when we were building his wall we built everything to "spec." so even if the city came in, they would have no grounds for taking it down....that is my goal in the future, to own my house and have a complete stealth set-up...larger than this of course :chin:

Lemonade- welcome to the show. This round will be done in 2 months, then I'll be building a mother cab and making some improvements to the guts of this room....so there is MORE to come.

Murphle- Great to have you brother.

Boink- Good to have you looking in. i'll be watching your construct closely...if I have anything to contribute, I'll try to be as much of a help as possible...question, what are you going to put in that room once it is done?

Peace all

Germ

:joint:

Germanator

SackausAmerika - Danke, war der Bau kein Spaß, aber alles sonst ist. mein Deutsch ist nicht sehr gut mehr, ohne Großeltern, mit zu sprechen. :badday: Willkommen!

indodro- Great to have you...take a seat and enjoy the show

Fox Farm Nutes and some superthrive

The last and most important tool

G

Very nice set-up Will have to add that to the list of ideas if I cant find my basement. Pulling up a chair.

Germanator

ORpotguy- A basement would be ideal. A lot easier to control temps in the summer...and how many visitors really hang out in your basement? The wall is a good idea to consider if you want to invest in a long term grow. I forget how much it cost to build, but it was not cheap!

The room has been doing well since I flipped to flower. I'm going midnight to noon so as to avoid the number of visitors over while it is on. The temps have been a bit out of control (the temps in my region have been on a rollercoaster as of late) so I have been forced to turn off the CO2 Gen for a couple days until the room temp gets below 85.

The bubba and OGX SD are starting to stretch a bit, but the MK is staying low. The stalks on the MKs are HUGE for having only Veg'd for 3 weeks. Props to whomever supplies babies to a certain LA club (you know who you are bro)! The MK I have run the past 2 rounds has been one of the more uniform and stable plants I have ever grown...the only 2 varieties I would compare to it in my experience are AK from serious and Bubblegum from serious....in that they seem to prosper no matter what I feed them.

Hope everyone had a great weekend...more pics to come this week.

Germ

Latest posts

Latest posts