What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Its the 2016 Hawaii Medical Cannabis Challenge!!!

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Aloha

I wanted to announce the 2016 Hawaii Medical Cannabis Challenge to everyone.

Entry is only open to Hawaii residents with a valid 329 card.

Entry for what?
A blind head to head double elimination tournament to determine who has the best medicinal cannabis in Hawaii.
picture.php

Judging will be done on-site by panels consisting of celebrity judges, sponsors, and the entrants themselves. We're trying to make things as transparent as possible, so there is no question.
Indoor. Outdoor. Indica. Sativa. Hybrid. Whatever.
The best is the best is the best is the best.

Lets find out what it is!!!

If you have any questions, you can PM me.

If you plan on entering be ready to smoke!!!

Last edited:

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is the first event...
Hopefully of many if we do the thing properly.
Pretty exciting.

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
:rtfo:That sounds really fun!!! Good luck on everything!!

Thanks we can use all the vibes we can get. Hopefully it turns out as we are planning...

Very interesting... are the proceeds for profit or for charity?

Hooooooooooo

Profit wasn't a part of the plan to be honest. I hadn't thought about it until i read your question. I have just been focusing on running an event with as much integrity as possible so that the growers and their entries are the focal point. Maaaaaaan it sure would be nice though... maybe next year when the big sponsors come in I can worry about that hahaha.

Charity wise I have been looking into potentially donating the leftover entries to various groups of medicinal need. But how to do so fairly, so that there are no bad vibes or misunderstood actions that result in slander and all that other junk is the biggest sticking point I am looking for. No good deed goes unpunished. People love to get the wrong idea and go 100MPH the wrong way with it hahaha. So I am treading carefully.

The tournament itself is going to be held in secret (no public access), but the results will be announced at the Free The Plant Fest April 16. I am hoping to have a display of entries in the VIP section. We are working on getting permission for that.... come check it out!

goodonya!
Thanks for the kind words.
I am really hoping this will provide our growers a chance to network with each other, as well as different industry contacts in this booming field we work in. There's so much competition coming from the mainland its stupid. The growers here need to be recognized and appreciated, and hopefully this will be the first step.

Nice it'd be nice to be in the Aloha State.
If my team can pull this off then it'll be even better I know that hahaha
aloha

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Well I am super delighted to hear our old friend GREYSKULL is behind this !!!!

Man this is great, then you know it's the real deal for the people indeed :)

Thanks for the clarification GreySkull!

I truly wish I could attend!

You are welcome to let the Cannagraphers in Hawaii know more!

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
Congratulations fam....I like it ,
wish I was able to go id support in a heartbeat.....any statewide homies attending?

The Revolution

Veteran
Brilliant idea greyskull
I love it. My dream is to some day retire to the islands. I'd love just to visit at this point
You guys have some amazing growers and all the best genetics, competition should be great! Keep us upto date on this plz

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well Its Almost Time...

Well Its Almost Time...

BUT... Not really

WHAT?????

Long story short... there was a "scheduling conflict" with the venue originally lined up for Free the Plant. Sooooooooooo the team had to work out a new venue, and ultimately this new venue comes with a later date.

Which is actually pretty cool... as there's going to be no other Cannabis related festivities going on (ala 4/20 happening everywhere, right hahaha). So hopefully we can get some added vibes from this opportunity.

So basically, in a nutshell, the Free The Plant event & the Hawaii Medical Cannabis Challenge have been moved to the back end of May.

Which means more time for growers to get their entry's primed as can be - the outdoor guys will get to flash that spring bling sun-grown awesomeness (my favorite time of year for producing the dank btw) and that'll help them compete with the guys who have the dialed indoor rooms. And indoor guys can tweak just a tad more. So its a great thing that everything is pushed back a little...

We've got something like 22 folks signed up, but I am going to be expecting to max out at 50 entrants once we start promoting it a little more. Looking forward to seeing the best of the best of Hawaii's own.

Gonna be a hell of a smoke out session.

More info to come as the time draws near....

Aloha

Last edited:

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
oh.......
hey Payaso and MOneYMiKe....

if you can get to Oahu for the event you guys can help me by being celebrity judges!
It'd be an honor to share some time with you guys. And I also know you're highly trained in identifying quality from not quality....

Let me know and lets make it happen!

Dakine

Veteran
Wow, we're finally getting Into the loop. That's awesome to see coming back from a break. That's sick

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The overall winner of the Hawaii Medical Cannabis Challenge will receive this championship belt!!!!

It weighs over 10lbs!!!
Its a fucking real deal belt. Feels great over the shoulder... and if your waist is not 40" theres a good chance you'll be able to wear it around, too.

THE BELT!!!!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The winner of the HMCC is going to be announced and awarded at Free The Plant 2 Saturday May 21st, on Oahu, HI.

If you are a Hawaii blue card grower, please visit http://hawaiimedicalcannabischallenge.com/ and find out what you need to do to throw your hat in the ring.

Or just ask me in this thread hahaha

Happy 4/20

Aloha!!!!

Last edited:

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
And here's another shot of the belt i took...
so you get an idea of the size
picture.php