What's new

Pure Thai Sativas

herbgreen

Veteran
Here you go Get em right now......may want great lakes for the inside the usa experience thats True

Herbert Chickybaby

Here you go Get em right now......may want great lakes for the inside the usa experience thats True
Gonna pop a few of these in August here in Thailand. They look so interesting and awesome!

Stocktont

Veteran
It seems not many people that are the customer base for the legalized cannabis situation in Thailand - or elsewhere - are interested in the traditional ganja farming products or techniques. It’s really par for the course and it would be naive to think that a dutch company would become a thai ganja farming company. It’s much more logical that they would bring dutch cannabis to Thailand.

I saw this effect firsthand when the ”dispensary” type commercial situations popped up and even the ”traditional” sources of cannabis I had been using for more than a decade switched from the mostly southeast Asian ganja to the new and modern named varieties. It is much more lucrative to sell 600 bath grams to tourists and inner city folks than to sell traditionally farmed and cured products of old.

Last year I visited a friend I had been buying a very unique and very good quality type of Thai ganja from for years and when I asked him to buy some his face lit up and he told me he had hash, oil and different western named varieties in flower form like Wedding Cake. I asked him if he still had that old type I had been smoking for years while living in the area and he looked at me like I was stupid. ”why?” he asked. I explained to him that I really like the old variety and he almost didn’t believe me. He still had it but told me not many people asked for it anymore, especially not foreigners. I could also see his commercial interest leaning towards the new as not only did 99% of the customers want that type the price was almost the same for 1 gram of the ”new” compared to maybe 20 grams for the ”traditional”.

It’s a new world with legalization and anyone who thought that the era of ”real thai stick” or any other hippie dream would have a revival have to think again. Especially in Bangkok and the famous tourist destinations the traditional way of the thais have for a long time been on decline not only cannabis but food and culture too. Yes us cannabis aficionados might shed a tear about it, I know I do, but it’s the same in most places where legalization arrives. It’s really not that complicated as now when it is almost like any other produce it will go down the same route as they do. How many care about heirloom tomatoes to the point you can go and buy them in the supermarket? It’s going to be a brand marketing driven industry and like all other industries it’s not going to be ”ordinary people” with a burning interest for cannabis types and history that dominate the market. It’s going to be big business, big money and big names and brands. The hope would be for legalization to allow the existence of specialized ”luxury” items like ”real” landrace Thai ganja really well grown and cured.

With big facilities in Bangkok and heavy marketing there’s going to be a dominance of these 600-1000 bath grams in the fancy glassed mall dispensaries. It is sad to me that most of the customer base, the consumers, don’t have the educated pallet to appreciate a truly magnificent sun grown southeast Asian landrace. Maybe we will get to the point where there’s a .02% of the market that can exist like with really expensive wines but for the most part it’s going to be really expensive Heineken Weed… it’s how most markets behave…

GreenAndFast

All I want to be is a brewdog type of company and not a Budweiser.

I think with the resurgence of psychedelics in the last few years that will slowly change people's mind about what a cannabis (NLD) high can offer. Microdoses are very big now and using a cannabis extract for micro dose of a potent sativa would be a great thing.

Sorry for the waffle, I actually microdoses LSD this morning and I'm feeling very chatty 🤣

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
All I want to be is a brewdog type of company and not a Budweiser.

I think with the resurgence of psychedelics in the last few years that will slowly change people's mind about what a cannabis (NLD) high can offer. Microdoses are very big now and using a cannabis extract for micro dose of a potent sativa would be a great thing.

Sorry for the waffle, I actually microdoses LSD this morning and I'm feeling very chatty 🤣
maybe in the form of hash ,
so they dont have to see what the buds look like
since they are all programmed that if its not tight and chunky,
then its no good and just a bunch of swag ...

teneriffa

One is for sure that many different thais strains are still there.

Member pilis search travel in january:

teneriffa

It seems not many people that are the customer base for the legalized cannabis situation in Thailand - or elsewhere - are interested in the traditional ganja farming products or techniques. It’s really par for the course and it would be naive to think that a dutch company would become a thai ganja farming company. It’s much more logical that they would bring dutch cannabis to Thailand.

I saw this effect firsthand when the ”dispensary” type commercial situations popped up and even the ”traditional” sources of cannabis I had been using for more than a decade switched from the mostly southeast Asian ganja to the new and modern named varieties. It is much more lucrative to sell 600 bath grams to tourists and inner city folks than to sell traditionally farmed and cured products of old.

Last year I visited a friend I had been buying a very unique and very good quality type of Thai ganja from for years and when I asked him to buy some his face lit up and he told me he had hash, oil and different western named varieties in flower form like Wedding Cake. I asked him if he still had that old type I had been smoking for years while living in the area and he looked at me like I was stupid. ”why?” he asked. I explained to him that I really like the old variety and he almost didn’t believe me. He still had it but told me not many people asked for it anymore, especially not foreigners. I could also see his commercial interest leaning towards the new as not only did 99% of the customers want that type the price was almost the same for 1 gram of the ”new” compared to maybe 20 grams for the ”traditional”.

It’s a new world with legalization and anyone who thought that the era of ”real thai stick” or any other hippie dream would have a revival have to think again. Especially in Bangkok and the famous tourist destinations the traditional way of the thais have for a long time been on decline not only cannabis but food and culture too. Yes us cannabis aficionados might shed a tear about it, I know I do, but it’s the same in most places where legalization arrives. It’s really not that complicated as now when it is almost like any other produce it will go down the same route as they do. How many care about heirloom tomatoes to the point you can go and buy them in the supermarket? It’s going to be a brand marketing driven industry and like all other industries it’s not going to be ”ordinary people” with a burning interest for cannabis types and history that dominate the market. It’s going to be big business, big money and big names and brands. The hope would be for legalization to allow the existence of specialized ”luxury” items like ”real” landrace Thai ganja really well grown and cured.

With big facilities in Bangkok and heavy marketing there’s going to be a dominance of these 600-1000 bath grams in the fancy glassed mall dispensaries. It is sad to me that most of the customer base, the consumers, don’t have the educated pallet to appreciate a truly magnificent sun grown southeast Asian landrace. Maybe we will get to the point where there’s a .02% of the market that can exist like with really expensive wines but for the most part it’s going to be really expensive Heineken Weed… it’s how most markets behave…
Your right:

An now something unbelieviable for me.

In Thailand they have now 2500 cannabis stores.
99% the stores selling only dutch,american or spanish genetics because thais (and falangs)think those are the best!!!
1 gram flowers for 300-800 baht, 7-20 Us dollar,very expensive.

The last days i was in many stores and asking for Thai Stick.
Find a few places,1 gram for 100-200 baht, 2.50-5 dollar nobody wants this old grandpa strain.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
1681126600254.png

1681126736664.png

Latest posts

Latest posts