What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GreenSanta's Pollen Chucking Lab

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
idk after 25 years of growing where I sleep I would feel weird without one

ohhh wait ...

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
Yes a bit of an addiction LOL. If I had to pull the plug at home due to allergy Id definitely try to live with it a few more months and hit all my moms with whatever males Ive got on hand so that some day I could revisit them all outdoor, or in a greenhouse.

The thing is I do not vent outside, it's a closed loop system of air if you wish. I use carbon filters but still constantly living with the plants, and because it's all perpetual, I am constantly exposed to dry and wet material, always plucking leaves here and there. I am gonna start wearing gloves for my forearm rashes but if the allergy type of symptoms in my sinuses persist .... not worth it.

Maybe it's something else, man I hope so.

Yeah with allergies it can be so many things, Ive gone through hell and back over the last year, I had rashes on my arms too, always red after I was in the plant room, but it ended up being this old organic lotion that I was putting on my arms that was making them sensitive, and the leaves were just the final irritant to set it in motion. Stopped using the lotion and its completely gone now. I also had stuffed up nose and sinus problems, I had this with no males around, so I knew it wasn't a pollen allergy. I thought it was dust mites for the longest time cause I lived in an old dusty house, but kept everything super clean and it was slowly getting better,but still needing nasal rinses twice a day just to breathe. Then my cat was gone for the summer and it cleared up, so I figured it was that, even though the test says i have a dog allergy. Well then it came back, and I am now sure that my current allergy of stuffed nose and ensuing sinus headaches are from the protein in the guineapig pee/ droppings. So now i clean out the cage 1st thing every morning and its fine. As soon as I skip a day my nose stuffs right up.

hope this helps, Basically just a process of elimanation. do one thing at a time, write it in a calendar, and keep note how you respond therafter. I feel your pain, but like i said it could be a tonne of things other than the plants causing it.

G

Gr33nSanta

Thanks everyone, Could be the cats too ... I ve also been using a really strong soap recently so I'm gonna stop using it for a while.

Anyway, I am just going to carry on and see what happens!

So anyway, very similar to the previous video, this is the Blue Spoon, I am going to harvest her today because the mites are moving in. She is very clean except the last bud I show in the clip shows a bit of webbing starting, time to chop!.

I am really happy with the fade on her, she is going to pack a punch and smoke smooth!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maxb0IPxxPA&feature=youtu.be

G

Gr33nSanta

Major fuck up in Jackie's room, for one, 3 out of 4 respect ended up males, so only the Respect #3 is a female. The #1 is the dude simply because.

I snapped a video, I think it's around day 11. Really disappointed at the stretch... I was in a hurry. The yield will be way lower this round.

I might actually have to lower the lights, but I ll give them a week and see if some of them can catch up with the netting.

2 of the Respect males were replaced tonight with a 2 more cowbells. More Cowbell is a fast flowering plant and even though they are small and lame they should fill some of the empty space, catch up and be ready with everything else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac_ji3oeY1c&feature=youtu.be

I wanted to have some footage in case they do take off but given how far into 12/12 they are I feel this round is a major fuck up.

Growing is so stressful, most people have no idea. Pheno hunting makes it even harder.

oldbootz

Veteran
Hi Gr33nSanta, I love your grow style. You are a trait hunter :)

I didn't read the whole thread just skimmed. Allergies suck.

Things that have made me allergic in the past:
1. neem oil - gives me bad hives (urticaria). I stopped using it 2 years ago.
2. very hot days, skin that doesn't get enough air (elbow creases, knee creases etc) also gives me a skin rash.
3. certain washing powders. I am now using a type of organic washing powder and when I travel and don't get to use it, my clothes make me really itchy.
4. synthetic material like clothing elastics.

G

Gr33nSanta

So a friend of mine wanted to try some capsules. I made 2 kinds, one with my Les Fleurs Bleues which would be sort of like a 60-40 CBD-THC ratio, and one made with my CD2 (16%CBD 1%THC)

My friend (no tolerance whatsoever) said she got stoned eating my high CBD pills! My concerned is that water hash extraction has increased the ratio of THC to CBD, so I wonder if a flower rosin would have higher ratio of CBD vs bubble hash. The other thing is that could it be that CBD, when eaten, can get you stoned?

I felt terribly sorry for my friend because I told she would not feel a thing. As a reminder, my CD2 girl I used in those pills is the same I smoke to straighten me up and is the same that tested at 16% CBD and 1 %THC

Or does CBD get you stoned? I was embarrassed because I told her she would not feel any sort of high, from the CBD pills (made with CD2 (16%CBD - 1%THC flowers)

clearheaded

how many mg was she taking? couple mg of thc is enough to feel if intolerant. also cbd def has some effect. sorta feels like an edible is about to kick in but never does. very light but noticable esp if getting mg or so of thc. 5mg of thc is enough for intollerant people to get a decent buzz.

G

Gr33nSanta

I had just over 1 gram of bubble rosin into around 50 ml of coconut oil and olive oil, made roughly 50 pills. So pretend my bubble rosin was 50% CBD, 4%THC so my best guess would be that they are probably just over 10mg CBD and hardly any THC.

G

Gr33nSanta

I transplanted 2 SIPs this am, tomorrow will be day one.

one has 4 plants : MJ1, CBC7, SpaceBomb, barbara
one has ThunkFlow, un sexed. I only have one in this pot if she turns female she could get big given her lineage (Les Fleurs Bleues X THUNK)

I had a chance to do inventory yesterday, here is the list of moms for December 2017.

#1 - Les Fleurs Bleues - Blue City Diesel X (Senora Ampero X Pennywise) 13.5% CBD, 9.5% THC
#2 - Memory Loss - Archive 17.5%THC
#3 - More Cowbell - Bodhi 14%THC
#4 - Sweet Pine - (Medicine X Spacebomb) F3
#5 - Blue Spoon - (Dr.Grinspoon X BlueSage) X ? (not 100% sure on the lineage anymore) 0.06% CBD, 16% THC
#6 - Candida #2 - Medical Marijuana Genetics 16% CBD, 1.15% THC
#7 - Candida #4 - Medical Marijuana Genetics 11% CBD, 0.75% THC
#8 - MissJack #1 - Senora Ampero X Pennywise 13% THC
#9 - MissJack #2 - Senora Ampero X Pennywise 13% THC
#10-CBDQ ((Missjack X BCD) X Dragon Fruit or Skylotus) I think
#11-SpaceBomb TGA Genetics
#12-SpaceGrin - Dr.Grinspoon X SpaceBomb
#13-SLK X Blockhead #1 Chimera
#14-Barbara Bud - House of the great gardener
#15-Respect #3 - Reggae Seeds
#16-Grapefruit X ChemdBx #3 - Chimera
#17-Revolution - Reggae Seeds
#18-CBC#1 Some old Ancient OG and Respect cross I think
#19-Cuvee #1 - TGA
#20-Cuvee #2 - TGA
#21-O'Haze Red - Reggae Seeds
#22-ThunkFlow - (Les Fleurs Bleues X THUNK)

On bench:

Neroli91 - Bodhi
Strange Brew - Bodhi

I keep wanting to cull one of the MissJacks, both have very similar high, I have not grown either one of them to their full potential yet but anyway I really can't decide, I might have to keep them both.

The Cuvees are looking very similar in flower so far but I plan on keeping only one for now, I have more seeds too.

The SpaceGrin, I got her to grow almost normal looking buds this time. But the weird thing about this cultivar is last time I made hash with most of it, pressed it into rosin. Well the rosin tested at only 33% THC and when I press it so much white powder is left behind in the filter like something weird is happening. I went from 20 grams of nice nice hash pressed into like 5 grams of rosin. Anyway, next time I make hash with it I wont press it into rosin. It's almost like what I am getting out when I press the hash from this cultivar is mostly terpenes somehow. Anyway, it was some fine rosin haha. Long story short, I still can't decide if I should keep this cultivar. It can not really be recreated and I fear I will regret letting her go.

More Cowbell only tested at 14%THC, that was grown to 56 days, fully ripe, super frosty ... I was a bit disappointed I was expecting higher THC content. I am still going to keep her a while, I want to make seeds with her for sure. She is a bit finicky though I really have a hard time growing her to her full potential so she won't stay on the list forever...

It has become so much work, I know I have to let some go, it's hard!

Last edited:
G

Gr33nSanta

New semi long term light configuration, I named this clip hilly billy, can you guess why? LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N83mGt64axw&feature=youtu.be

BTW I was kinda of prepping for yearly maintenance so it looks a little bare in there right now.

As soon as I am done cleaning and fixing the room, Ill be focusing on growing the dank again. While I was cleaning the room and in preparation for the clean up Ive been trying to keep the room not as full and also the lights were not running 100% for the last month or so.

We're back in full power! I m germinating a bunch of Bodhi's gear too, YAAAHOOOOOO!

G

Gr33nSanta

Today is day 1 for 3 plants, a spacebomb, 2 MissJack1 in one pot, and a bluespoon. I am really leaning towards the MissJack #1 being the keeper over the #2. The smells range from chocolate to candy, and seems a bit more spidermites resistant.

I have finally caught up to the demand, I am sitting on a bunch of weed that is curing nicely. I am not in a rush to harvest everything only because it looks ready enough so I plan to start experimenting with letting my plants go quite a bit longer if the bugs let me.

Ill set myself up to take pictures again around the holidays, looking at getting a small digital magnifying device too. I like how quick I can upload vids with my phone but it's nice to have high quality pics to look at. Stay tuned for this.

Since it has become too much work for me, I am gonna downscale a notch, focus on quality again. I have 4 cultivars from Bodhi I am running but after I am done with this pheno hunt I ll be selecting my very best 12 mothers and run those in 2018. It will be heart breaking to let a lot of them go but I want an epic menu.

Ive got 2 males a few days in the flower room, I will take them upstairs as soon as they are about to let pollen go. I have my Respect #2, I plan to keep that one, he is on the cloner too. I also have a Strange Brew, I had 2 males I kept the stretchier one, they both show sex in veg.

I really want to hit Les Fleurs Bleues with the Respect #2, also the Sweet Pine and the CD2.

The Cuvees looking really good, they are 2 weeks from harvest if I had to guess, I ll post pics next time I post here.

G

Gr33nSanta

Veggie room, I need to narrow down the list of moms, so hard to let go of plants, I sound like a broken record.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-yFo9ZxS3k&feature=youtu.be

Les Fleurs Bleues X Thunk , an indoor biotch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZA0FVcGn2Q&feature=youtu.be

Jackie's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWIuysDP8Zo&feature=youtu.be

A rove beetle on a SLK X blockhead
https://youtu.be/CFIfRrzE01A
Roves are kinda cool but they are a bit like a pest in some way they die on your buds like fungus gnats. I think this one was looking to eat some spidermites though.

G

Gr33nSanta

Merry Christmas everyone HoHoHo,

I took a few pics, enough for 3 posts. I am still not set up with a tripod and proper software.

So first the Cuvees, one of them two will be a mom for a while, I might let go of my spacebomb mother since the smell has similarities and the cuvee have good yielding potential. This was first round and they were rushed in a bit.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

This girl is a Revolution by Reggae Seeds. She was never under strong lights but she is definitely being added to the list of moms.

I grew a female back in 2013 and even though the website stated that it was low CBD and low THC, (cbd was high at the time), I always felt this weed would get me super blazed, crazy red eyes.... pleasant highs.

I can not wait to try her again. She smells and looks exactly like she did in the past. It's cool that our brain can remember old smells like that, when I smelled the flowers for the first time around day 35 it brought back loads of memories.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

Veggies
attachment.php

Barbara Buds, She is leafy this time, or maybe I did not notice the previous time, she's fading nicely but she is not near harvest time. Should be decent, I love the smell on her.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Les Fleurs Bleues X Thunk, gonna be a beast.
attachment.php

Group shot
attachment.php

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Lovely- Merry Christmas indeed. Love the ever changing shape of what you take down from harvest to harvest. Certainly never boring in here; dig the variety.

G

Gr33nSanta

Lovely- Merry Christmas indeed. Love the ever changing shape of what you take down from harvest to harvest. Certainly never boring in here; dig the variety.

Thanks man I appreciate the comment.

Most people have no idea how much time I put into it, it is really challenging to grow an extensive library on such a small scale.

So rewarding though, and things are slowly coming together. Pretty soon I am confident I ll have one of the best line up of plants available locally, all hunted or created by me.

I am about to fill my rooms with nothing but clones that I have grown at least once, 21 different cultivars, most unrelated. From high CBD to high THC and anything in between.

The smells, flavors and effects are also very different from one cultivar to the next.

I am about to grow the very best cannabis I have ever grown in 2018, thanks to years of hard work, about to pay off....

I have decided to let go of the SLK X BH #1, one of the reason is that I have made lots of seeds with a SLK X BH dude so I feel I can find something similar in the future.

I harvested Cuvee #1 and #2 tonight, OMG! 2 winners me thinks. The #1 is spacequeen dominant, smell reminds me of some of the best spacebomb I have grown, yield looks good, frosty as can be. I def. keep that one.

The Cuvee #2 is probably a pinot noir pheno, I ll have to see what it smells in the jar once cured I do feel I get hints of chocolate but it is not as loud as my #1. However, the nugs are bigger, the plant overall has a better structure.

This was only first round anyway but I plan to keep them both for now. You can hate on Subcool all you want, I have to say that he has probably been the most important breeder in my collection. Half of the genetics I run is directly linked to his work.

G

Gr33nSanta

My back hurts!!

Huge day in the garden, all of Jackie's garden came down while the lights were off. Only plucked the fan leaves. Yield should be similar to the first round but the high ratio of males early on created some gaps in the canopy. 3 out of 4 respects were males...

This time we have an all female line up. 18 of them. No tags, I am familiar with every plant in there so it will be easy to identify them later on but now I am not too sure what is where.

Here is a list of the cultivars in 7 SIPs: (1 or 2 BlueSpoon, 1 CD2), (2 Sweet Pines), (3 Sweet Pines) (2 CBDQ with 1 Respect), (1 SpaceBomb and 1 SpaceGrin), (3 More Cowbells) and finally (Cuvee 1 and Cuvee 2)

Took me a few hours to clean up the mess after harvesting and prep for next round. This room does not miss a beat.

Plants will be vegged for a day or so then flipped. So far this room is cropping every 60 days with no down time, most of the work done at lights off and 1 day veg after transplant.

ready to rock
attachment.php

Veg room looking bare, I am glad I did not trash the rest of the clones I might need some more...
attachment.php

Here we go again, all 20 some moms are tiny again, but they are all there!
attachment.php

Latest posts

Latest posts