What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best way to hang Panda sheeting on walls

Owl Mirror

Veteran
This may seem like a simple question but, I just got a roll of this Panda sheeting and was wondering if there is a best practice so, it both stays up and is able to come down without being ruined.
I live in a rental unit.

Tacks, Tape ???

PharmaCan

Veteran
I used 1"x2"x8' pieces of wood to nail it up. That way the panda plastic will stay up without tearing. When it's removed, there are just some small nail holes to fill.

PC

bostrom155

use a staple gun, but put a small piece of cardboard on the panda then staple so the panda does not tear

jugdishe

tack it up with a couple staples from a gun and then small pieces of duct tape will reinforce the panda for the remainder of the staples, work great

alway cut larger than needed to ensure overlapping and tape peices to each other if you are obsessive like me

J~

Unionman

Anyone every use a spray adhesive you can get at a hardware store? Always wondered about those.

Yep worked great for my concrete walls in the basement. Didnt seem to leave much if any residue either when I had to tear it all down. I cannot remember the brand I used though.

EDIT **** I just reread the OP about wanting to take down the panda plastic without ruining it. I cannot remember if it ruined mine I was not trying to reuese it, just trying to tear down quickly

Huggie bear

Yep worked great for my concrete walls in the basement. Didnt seem to leave much if any residue either when I had to tear it all down. I cannot remember the brand I used though.

Top Notch! I wonder though in a small enclosure if when warmed would it release anything my plants would not care for?

I am going to give it a go on my future mini-cab I am designing.

ItsAllOver

Devil's Advocate
You could use that spray adhesive but not spray the whole thing. Just spray a 2-inch strip of the edges and that way you'd be able to use a large portion of the film again and just to throw out the rest.

M

milehighmedical

2x4 framing... staple gun... gorilla tape. Just throw up a bunch of panels that screw together.

Vegan

come down without being ruined.

Tacks, Tape ???

trying to take it down without ruining it is not gonna be in your best intrest,,mostlikely it wont be of any use since you will prolly change the design,,..just make sure ya overbuy when you order shipping is the major cost of the stuff

HTH

opt1c

Veteran
piece of duct tape on the plastic with a staple from a staple gun through it; the duct tape doesn't have to be on the wall... it just keeps the plastic from tearing at all where the staple enters... i'm planning on refinishing and painting the walls in my place before i move out so i've used duct tape around the top to hold up the plastic with staples to reinforce it

Hazy Lady

Prom Night Dumpster Baby
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Owl, I hope things are good for you?, you know when you get a letter with a card or similar attached?, the stuff used is like a clear rubber that you can peel off the card and the paper with no damage whatsoever, I'm thinking more for your apt walls than the Panda, but that would be perfect if you could find any.

Owl Mirror

Veteran
Hi Owl, I hope things are good for you?, you know when you get a letter with a card or similar attached?, the stuff used is like a clear rubber that you can peel off the card and the paper with no damage whatsoever, I'm thinking more for your apt walls than the Panda, but that would be perfect if you could find any.

Yeah I know what you mean. I don't know where I would get enough of that to do a room though.
Good suggestion.

ddrew

Veteran
I partitioned off a section of my room with it.
I built a frame out from a corner of the room and then duct taped it to the top of the frame and then taped old batteries along the bottom edge of the sheets so they hang straight, kind of like a shower curtain.

Latest posts

Latest posts