What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best way to hang Panda sheeting on walls

Owl Mirror

Veteran
I partitioned off a section of my room with it.
I built a frame out from a corner of the room and then duct taped it to the top of the frame and then taped old batteries along the bottom edge of the sheets so they hang straight, kind of like a shower curtain.

That is an excellent idea ! I do need two sections inside the closet.
I had a construction builder come to the house and give me an estimate on how much it would cost to build a separate room.
It would have consisted of one wall with a divider in the middle, with two doors.
He gave me a price of $350 which is not a bad price but, unfortunately I can't afford that much, especially in one lump.
I think I might try your suggestion inside the closet I have instead.
I also need to get some ventilation in the closet.
I'm wondering, do you think one or two of those bathroom exhaust fans in the ceiling would work?
I can get one of those for $15 each.
It may not be the best but, it might be better than what I've got going today.
Any other suggestions?

ddrew

Veteran
Ok, I took a couple crappy pics with my phone while I was in there this morning.
It gives you an idea at least of how I did it.
The top sections of the frame can be removed and the film rolled up around each frame piece for moving and storage.
I left a gap at the top and bottom for air to travel under/over.

Attachments

• pan1.jpg
    pan1.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 3
  • pan2.jpg
    pan2.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 3

opt1c

Veteran
what kind of lights are you going to be running in the closet? bathroom exhaust fans don't do much except create background noise to hide to sound of a grow in my experience... 4" vortex can cool 2 400s or 1 600 with an aircooled reflector and ducting... i used to leave the glass off my smaller reflectors and use the aircooling as a tent exhaust at the same time... little 4" carbonfilter on the end of the fan and you're in business.... this method was able to keep temps golden in a 2x2 with a 400 and a 4x2 with a 600 and nothing else kept for a couple clip on fans blowing air about inside the tent

honestly.... i don't think panda plastic is that expensive... yeah a giant roll is 100bux but it takes awhile to go through an entire roll and compared to the rest of the hydro gear its just another drop in the bucket

Owl Mirror

Veteran
what kind of lights are you going to be running in the closet? bathroom exhaust fans don't do much except create background noise to hide to sound of a grow in my experience... 4" vortex can cool 2 400s or 1 600 with an aircooled reflector and ducting... i used to leave the glass off my smaller reflectors and use the aircooling as a tent exhaust at the same time... little 4" carbonfilter on the end of the fan and you're in business.... this method was able to keep temps golden in a 2x2 with a 400 and a 4x2 with a 600 and nothing else kept for a couple clip on fans blowing air about inside the tent

honestly.... i don't think panda plastic is that expensive... yeah a giant roll is 100bux but it takes awhile to go through an entire roll and compared to the rest of the hydro gear its just another drop in the bucket

Hello opt1c, the reason I ask about the bathroom fans is due entirely to cost.
I understand there are much better products but, simply out of my financial reach.
I got the Panda on Amazon.com using a gift card. I bought four rolls of 10'x25' for $26
I had a $25 gift card so I only paid the shipping plus $1 extra

I have two 400 watt lights, bat wing reflectors which have no glass or other method for attaching those 4" vortex fans.
Right now I simply leave the closet door open while I'm home, on hot days I place a fan blowing inside to circulate the air.
My temps this way are around 85-90

My thinking is that the bathroom fan would at least remove the hot air build-up
I realize it's not the best practice but, I have to do what I can afford.

I did find this: http://www.propertyroom.com/Catalog.aspx?CategoryID=456
Although I got ripped for suggesting it because the property is apparently seized from other growers.

Owl Mirror

Veteran
Ok, I took a couple crappy pics with my phone while I was in there this morning.
It gives you an idea at least of how I did it.
The top sections of the frame can be removed and the film rolled up around each frame piece for moving and storage.
I left a gap at the top and bottom for air to travel under/over.

Thanks for the visuals.
Are your lights in each chamber on the same light cycle?
I wonder if the gap would cause a light leak ?

T

theratings

i can't give you any specific brand names, but i like using the stickier forms of double stick tape and adhesive strips that you may find people using for carpets or posters. some kind of staple gun would be easy for you also. just remember to get one of those staple removers.

I staple gun then use electric tape. I personally prefer if over duct but to each their own.

How thick is that panda that you bought?

ddrew

Veteran
Thanks for the visuals.
Are your lights in each chamber on the same light cycle?
I wonder if the gap would cause a light leak ?
Yes, there is a 1000W in the partitioned area, and then another 400W in a closet(no door) off to the side, both are on the same light cycle.
Yes the gaps would leak light way to much if not on the same cycle.

i made my whole box out of 2x4 and panda with staples. works great only hang up is the door, tried velcro but it sux tried a few brands either the Velcro is to weak or the sticky is too weak. now im on to duct tape and about the 3rd roll looking for solutions.

Owl Mirror

Veteran
i made my whole box out of 2x4 and panda with staples. works great only hang up is the door, tried velcro but it sux tried a few brands either the Velcro is to weak or the sticky is too weak. now im on to duct tape and about the 3rd roll looking for solutions.
Here is a solution, this link is only one of many available.
Just search for the title below
Peel and stick zipper system

Unionman

bathroom exhaust fans don't do much except create background noise to hide to sound of a grow in my experience...

Thats funny you say that, mine runs 24-7 for that exact reason along with my fish tanks air pumps!

I had one of those fans in my very first closet but is was only one 400w UNcooled hood and I cut a hole in the floor going to the crawl space put some weather strip on the closet door and everything worked well even in the summer. But that was with one light. Eventually when I bought another light 400w I had to change to a bigger fan my temps were getting into the 95 degree range and I notice the buds did suffer

M

milehighmedical

First, I'd drop the duct tape for some guerilla tape. That's what I've been using and I like it a lot better. And like someone above me just mentioned, they have peel and stick zippers that you can just stick right onto the poly, open the zipper, and cut through along the slit. I've always used them on mine. They're between $5-$10 depending where you go. I've only found them at hydro stores, but I'm sure they're dirt cheap on line.

My tent has removable doors and even a removable wall so I can run various rooms as one big room or as seperate ones...

To do this, I just made a square frame that matched the dimensions of the tent, covered with panda, then you can just place it flush up to the tent and secure with brackets or little "L screw pieces of metal".... so the whole front face is an easily removable door....