Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Toker's Den > Speakers Corner > The War of 2020: the upcoming elections

Thread Title Search
The War of 2020: the upcoming elections Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-14-2019, 03:51 PM #31
packerfan79

packerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtacofarmer View Post
Are you saying being intellegent is a bad thing?

That explains alot about alot of what you say.
Not at all. The presidential election is a popularity contest. Nerds don't usually dominate popularity contest. It's not a put down on Yang.

Too nerdy for the population of America, is a better description. We would probably do better as a nation if our politicians were elected due to intelligence, rather than being a well spoken slick politicians.
packerfan79 is online now Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-14-2019, 04:05 PM #32
bigtacofarmer

bigtacofarmer has a reputation beyond reputebigtacofarmer has a reputation beyond reputebigtacofarmer has a reputation beyond reputebigtacofarmer has a reputation beyond reputebigtacofarmer has a reputation beyond reputebigtacofarmer has a reputation beyond reputebigtacofarmer has a reputation beyond reputebigtacofarmer has a reputation beyond reputebigtacofarmer has a reputation beyond reputebigtacofarmer has a reputation beyond reputebigtacofarmer has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by packerfan79 View Post
Not at all. The presidential election is a popularity contest. Nerds don't usually dominate popularity contest. It's not a put down on Yang.

Too nerdy for the population of America, is a better description. We would probably do better as a nation if our politicians were elected due to intelligence, rather than being a well spoken slick politicians.
I think the selection process could use a complete makeover. Also would not hurt to make sure the voters have half a brain.
bigtacofarmer is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-14-2019, 04:15 PM #33
beta

beta has a brilliant futurebeta has a brilliant futurebeta has a brilliant futurebeta has a brilliant futurebeta has a brilliant futurebeta has a brilliant futurebeta has a brilliant futurebeta has a brilliant futurebeta has a brilliant futurebeta has a brilliant futurebeta has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannavore View Post
Bernie or the Guillotine 2020
beta is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-14-2019, 04:27 PM #34
Amynamous

Amynamous is a glorious beacon of lightAmynamous is a glorious beacon of lightAmynamous is a glorious beacon of lightAmynamous is a glorious beacon of lightAmynamous is a glorious beacon of lightAmynamous is a glorious beacon of lightAmynamous is a glorious beacon of lightAmynamous is a glorious beacon of lightAmynamous is a glorious beacon of lightAmynamous is a glorious beacon of lightAmynamous is a glorious beacon of light
Andrew Yang was on Bill Maher last Friday. Very smart, very successful and very good communicator. But he has never held elected office. Personally, my favorite is Governor Hickenlooper, but he doesn’t seem to be doing well so far. But truth be told, they could dig up Captain Kangaroo’s bones, slap a blue hat on him, and i would vote for him over president caddyshack.
Amynamous is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-14-2019, 05:17 PM #35
White Beard

White Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivor
Looks like most of the lost mice have found some cheese...
——————
“You never see the lies that *YOU* believe, but you know you have been captured,
Still you feel so civilized - and you look so pretty in your new lace sleeves...”

——————
Letting my freak flag fly!
White Beard is online now Quote

Old 06-14-2019, 05:56 PM #36
xavier7995

xavier7995 has much to be proud ofxavier7995 has much to be proud ofxavier7995 has much to be proud ofxavier7995 has much to be proud ofxavier7995 has much to be proud ofxavier7995 has much to be proud ofxavier7995 has much to be proud ofxavier7995 has much to be proud ofxavier7995 has much to be proud ofxavier7995 has much to be proud ofxavier7995 has much to be proud of
Im rooting for hickenlooper as well. I think his folksyness would play well in places the dems need to win back. I like his business background, could lead to some clever barbs like "self made not daddy paid" or some such jazz. Seems fairly pragmatic which i really like.

Not much of a showman or public speaker though so doubtful he will make it very far. My ideal candidate would be way out there to the classic left (not so much the current liberal/left ideas) but that aint gonna happen.
xavier7995 is online now Quote

Old 06-14-2019, 06:11 PM #37
Cannavore

Cannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivor
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

Cannavore is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-14-2019, 06:30 PM #38
beta

beta has a brilliant futurebeta has a brilliant futurebeta has a brilliant futurebeta has a brilliant futurebeta has a brilliant futurebeta has a brilliant futurebeta has a brilliant futurebeta has a brilliant futurebeta has a brilliant futurebeta has a brilliant futurebeta has a brilliant future
Andrew Yang to millenials with his UBI nonsense:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amynamous View Post
Andrew Yang was on Bill Maher last Friday. Very smart, very successful and very good communicator. But he has never held elected office. Personally, my favorite is Governor Hickenlooper, but he doesn’t seem to be doing well so far. But truth be told, they could dig up Captain Kangaroo’s bones, slap a blue hat on him, and i would vote for him over president caddyshack.
beta is offline Quote

Old 06-14-2019, 06:54 PM #39
Amynamous

Amynamous is a glorious beacon of lightAmynamous is a glorious beacon of lightAmynamous is a glorious beacon of lightAmynamous is a glorious beacon of lightAmynamous is a glorious beacon of lightAmynamous is a glorious beacon of lightAmynamous is a glorious beacon of lightAmynamous is a glorious beacon of lightAmynamous is a glorious beacon of lightAmynamous is a glorious beacon of lightAmynamous is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by beta View Post
Andrew Yang to millenials with his UBI nonsense:
Funny, but i quickly rebuffed the UBI idea as well. Then i opened my mind and listened to him, and did a fair amount of reading regarding the pros and cons, and now i support the idea. It would not be as expensive as you think, and the positive, long term economic benefit would be substantial. Think of it as a trump tariff farmer subsidy welfare payment that everybody gets.

Last edited by Amynamous; 06-14-2019 at 07:04 PM..
Amynamous is offline Quote

Old 06-14-2019, 07:41 PM #40
beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amynamous View Post
Funny, but i quickly rebuffed the UBI idea as well. Then i opened my mind and listened to him, and did a fair amount of reading regarding the pros and cons, and now i support the idea. It would not be as expensive as you think, and the positive, long term economic benefit would be substantial. Think of it as a trump tariff farmer subsidy welfare payment that everybody gets.
My trouble isn't the cost, my issue is that it's a back door way to destroy social services. Why do you think Libertarians love it?

Step 1: Introduce UBI

Step 2: Eliminate all other social services

Step 3: Reduce UBI

Step 4: Eliminate UBI

Step 5: More money for the 0.1%!
beta is offline Quote