What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The problem with BBQin

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
oh yea, you guys like to smoke huh?

six hour mesquite smoked beef tenderloin (from years ago)

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Coals all the time.
All I need is a little salt and pepper, some deer ribs and a pitchfork.
picture.php

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
Yeehaw...this was a hybrid grill I made up..half gas half charcoal/wood...didn't cost me anything scavenged parts and grill was found roadside

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I haven't cooked on Kingsford type charcoal briquettes in at least 15 or 20 years...

Gas grills suck; I tore the burnt-up innards out of a nice gas grill someone was throwing away,
and put some heavy wire screen over the big hole in the bottom..
My house is surrounded by woods and I'm having to cut down oaks all the time...
For years I cooked on the oak, or just started an oak fire in the campfire pit, and shoveled the coals onto my grill...

Now, for convenience, I just buy Royal Oak lump charcoal and grill some damn good steaks and burgers on my Char-griller...

Tonight, I'll be firing it up and grilling a nice slab of salmon..

Of course, I'll have my hash pipe and a rum and coke out there with me while I'm grilling.:biggrin:

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
Check out Traeger wood pellet grills. My buddy has one of the bigger ones and damn, it takes BBQing to a new level. Both slow on low heat....and it can char food fast on high, too.

Wood pellets is the source of the smoke, instead of flame/gas it is electric and self regulates the heat...more or less. Don't poo poo it until you investigate it. I too thought, "no way Jose" for electric bbq, then I saw it in action and ate the bounty.

I have my eye on the Bronson one...just under $500.

The all new Bronson 20 grill is a wood-fired assault grill that’s built to champion cooking outdoors everywhere adventure lies. From your urban patio to your favorite lakeside fishing hole, the broad sawhorse chassis provides stability and the solid all terrain wheels make transporting it over rocks and through dirt simple. The LED Digital Elite Controller display shows the internal grill temperature and has precision temperature settings. With no open flame it’s HOA approved--tuck it in on your condo patio and grill out every night.

300 sq. in. (20" x 15") grilling area
Digital Elite Controller
HOA Approved
10 lb. Pellet Hopper Capacity
Easily holds up to 12 burgers | 4 chickens | 18 hot dogs | 3 rib racks

Traeger-Bronson-20-Pellet-Grill__41048__22111.1465159910.500.750.png

https://www.traegergrills.com/shop/grills/elite-series/bronson-20/TFB29PLB.html#gclid=Cj0KCQjwiLDMBRDFARIsACNmiX8ldx078JJnHzud49M6YjeIpwVLZMC07LOXjM8Vwqi8JixMpT2Rh0oaAvhBEALw_wcB

brown_thumb

I buy cheap charcoal grills and burn oak wood that's laying around all over here. I burn enough to make enough coals and only add more wood when needed.

I buy cheap grills because there are thieves in this area. Also, people ask to borrow things and never return them. I'd much rather lose a US$30 grill than a US$500 grill.;)

packerfan79

Veteran
I use a 30 year old Weber for grilling and smoking small stuff. I have an offset smoker I use for bigger stuff, and to grill larger amounts of meat for parties.

TANO

🍒
Veteran
Do not move ... I'm looking for a lighter

Do not move ... I'm looking for a lighter

picture.php

Or wood or coal other bbq I do not know i'm prefer wood :tiphat: