What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Steve Cooley !?!??? Say it ain't so!!!!

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
Well it looks like cooley is going to win. Two days ago he was down 40k votes. This morning he was down 21k. Now it's less than 8k with alot of votes left to count.

FUCK. God damn republicans....

Republicans aren't the only enemy to Medical Marijuana. Tho they make up a lot of them. I like republicans...the ones like Ron Paul. Think of how much better this country would be right now if Ron Paul was president.

zenoonez

Veteran
Republicans aren't the only enemy to Medical Marijuana. Tho they make up a lot of them. I like republicans...the ones like Ron Paul. Think of how much better this country would be right now if Ron Paul was president.

Yea do away with health care, do away with social security, do away with the fed, do away with the epa, wait just do away with everything except the military and have no control over the economy or anything else. Sounds like a good idea. Do you think that Ron Paul would have saved the world economy from the brink of disaster? No he would have said let it fall, sell off the banks. Dude. Seriously. That would have been the end of our way of life. I agree with alot of the smaller government ideals but there is no way that we can do that within the next 40 years.

zenoonez

Veteran
Hey, man, you are killing my last remaining hope.

I am sorry but he would have DESTROYED THE WORLD ECONOMY. We think the third world countries are bad, just wait until the first world joins them. That is how bad it could have been. I don't think people understand how close we came to the edge.

Yeah you are right. I honestly hate pretty much all politicians though. I just want politicians that will stop taking away freedom and privacy. Is that too much to ask?

Edit: wow, we have kind of gotten off topic. Sorry Big Herb. So to get back on topic, I will be really sad if Steve Cooley wins. Hopefully California doesn't get double fucked when it comes to weed.

zenoonez

Veteran
Yea sorry BHT. I know its going to be hard to hear this but either way might be a win win. If he pushes against the mmj agenda and forces cases into the courts he might not like what he gets in return. If 215 is upheld as strongly as it has been over the past two or three years he may have a hard time and it may in turn create more precedent in the legal system benefiting mmj patients, collectives, and growers. Just saying, even if there is a dark cloud, there is always a silver lining.

M

mugenbao

I am sorry but he would have DESTROYED THE WORLD ECONOMY. We think the third world countries are bad, just wait until the first world joins them. That is how bad it could have been. I don't think people understand how close we came to the edge.
I have a buddy currently stationed in Louisiana. He hates it, but recently admitted that "Louisiana isn't the worst third-world country I've been to."

Things are bad enough, but Rand Paul has demonstrated quite clearly that while he has very strong beliefs and principles, he has absolutely no plan for bringing this nation forward and solving the problems that really matter outside of the political echo chambers.

M

mugenbao

Yea sorry BHT. I know its going to be hard to hear this but either way might be a win win. If he pushes against the mmj agenda and forces cases into the courts he might not like what he gets in return. If 215 is upheld as strongly as it has been over the past two or three years he may have a hard time and it may in turn create more precedent in the legal system benefiting mmj patients, collectives, and growers. Just saying, even if there is a dark cloud, there is always a silver lining.
I hope that whatever results will be positive, though I'm less optimistic than you. So far, there really aren't many repercussions for being anti-mmj. It's just not a net political liability to be strongly prohibitionist, and there aren't many signs that this will change significantly in the short term :(

bunch of doom and gloomers, you guys suck. It ain't over till its over, and harris is in the lead! I think shes going to win personally.

R

rick shaw

Hey BHT I really don't want to tell you this. 11/05-9:52 pm PST Cooley 3,502,021/45.9%-Harris 3,485,926/45.7% Kamala Harris is down 16,095 votes. Dispensaries should be concerned.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Fucking crooked ass numbers man I think they are fixing it I want a fucking recount motherfuckers! COOLEY fuck fuck fuck not good. :cry:

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Where are you guys getting your numbers?
Just want to make sure that these numbers are the most up to date available:
as of November 6, 2010, 8:53 a.m
Kamala Harris 3,496,101
Steve Cooley 3,518,918
up by 22,817
not looking so good for Kamala.
She's a douchebag anyway. I think zeenoonez might be right. Obama wouldn't have been elected if Bush 2 hadn't fucked things up for years beforehand. Suffer through a few years of Cooley and come out the other side on a positive note.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Cooley shut down dispensaries because they were profiting from 215, which in theory should help smokers by preventing the huge profits they tack on to every sale. Has he done anything else or was this his only "evildoing?" Just askin, i havent had time to research him properly. I know Harris had some pretty dirty hands too.

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
Right now we have the best government the U.S. Chamber of Commerce could buy. And they'll buy even more of it in the 2012 elections. This was just a warm up, for the ideological battle for America and what direction it'll be headed for the next generation or so. The tea Party is just a newly dressed up Libertarian party with a John Birch aim that you don't hear about. But the idea is to dismantle government and it will be everyman for himself. Except the rich will get richer and everyone else will be locked out of the gated communities they live in for protection, like in third world countries,or is that us?

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
Cooley shut down dispensaries because they were profiting from 215, which in theory should help smokers by preventing the huge profits they tack on to every sale. Has he done anything else or was this his only "evildoing?" Just askin, i havent had time to research him properly. I know Harris had some pretty dirty hands too.

Hes against ANY dispensary that accepts money in exchange for marijuana. So hes against ALL dispensaries. Harris didnt support mmj, but she wasnt out for blood like cooley.

Latest posts

Latest posts