What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

farmerlions first greenhouse grow

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
July 21st update

July 21st update

The Malawi (pink hair) x MaPettit.
This is the Acapulco Gold. It is the tallest, bushiest plant in the garden. I can't believe how flimsy yet strong this plant is. It's well on it's way to kicking my ass before harvest. I was writing down each plant I took a picture of. Somewhere along the line I was off count or took doubles. So I will just post some random shots not knowing exactly what they are. Sorry
Left side of greenhouse.
Center Isle shot.
Right side of greenhouse. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Random mislabled stuff.

Random mislabled stuff.

This may also be the Acapulco Gold.
???
???
???
It's a wonder I can even get the plants to stay green as unorganized as I have been today. I hope you all have a great weekend. I kind of know what plants I screwed up on. Maybe I will do an update (sticky, smelly and weird stuff). Peace

gorilla ganja

Plants are looking great farmerlion.
A tip for keeping pics organized. Take a pic of the plant label, then pics of the plants .
for example Take a pic of the Acapulco Gold label on the pot, then take 1,2, 3 or as many pics as you want then the next plant label and so on. Then when you look at the pics any that follow the label are that kind and can be named for future reference. I hope that makes sense.

Greenhouse is getting cramped? Another 2-3 weeks before flowering??

Peace GG

Kaskadian

Veteran
Farmerlion, thanks for keeping such detailed information within your growlog! The plants are looking beautiful. Please keep us up to date on your progress; once my final changes are made to my grow room in the next month I'll be joining you all in the world of sativas. These threads inspire the hell out of me.

Cheers!

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
gorilla ganja, Great idea! Some of my cards are getting sun faded. I will have to rewrite over the top so I can be more organized. Thanks again for idea and for stopping by my friend. Peace

Claude Hopper, The recent heat wave has been a challenge. I have been hauling a lot of water as of late. I had the large water container set up. I added some fertilizer to the tank and the algae growth exploded and the Ph jumped off the chart. So I shit canned the whole set up and started hauling water again.

DawnPatrol, Thank you for stopping by again. I wish I had 14' side walls. Not sure why FarmTek doesn't love the sativa growers? (all models should have tall sides as options).

Kaskadian, I had just written dubi in a pm telling him thank you for the inspiration I have had as well. I enjoy doing the notes myself. Even on my days off I run out of time to share information on this thread. I have two beautiful young ladies staying with momma and I this summer. Between swimming, hiking, ranger rides and other projects. The days are very full and go by quick. I'm sure when you get the sativa ladies growing you will have as much fun as I am with them. I enjoy the extra challenges they bring. Keeping the soil Ph in a healthy state twice as long as most Indica plants is one of my favorites to overcome. This environment is much more productive than any of my indoor grows ever have been. Peace

Buckeyebandit, Thank you for stopping by my friend. I will update as time permits.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Dubi, I was just rereading the Ace Seeds cannabinoid and terpene analysis thread. Clicking on the (was this helpful) icon. Didn't seem to be very appreciative for your efforts. Thank You! As I have some of the strains you have tested I find it very helpful to have more information and history of each cross and parental background and make up. It is time consuming and a great expense of resources. That to me is the biggest reason Ace is where it's at in the cannabis world. All things are done right and quality before quantity is never sacrificed. Peace

Great thread farmerlion. I ran in to the same algae problem as you in my water tank. Found a natural enzyme product called pondzyme made from barley. Folks use it in their ponds to keep algae away. It's worked great for me and is a natural process, not synthetic. Quite inexpensive and a little goes a long way. Your plants look great. A tribute to your organizational sklills.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
shellybelly, Thank you for stopping by and for the info. (organizational skills) lol For years I seemed to just put out fires. Then I realized it take less effort to prepare and be preemptive. At least I've found many issues can be avoided before the first seed is ever germinated. Like painting a car. 90% of a paint jobs quality is in the preparation of the foundation. Preparation and Ace family genetics. The stuff almost grows itself. Just add water. Ps. My talents are only the other 10% (Ace, CBG, Original Delicatessen, Bohdi) are the 90%. Peace

Ncali

Veteran
shellybelly, Thank you for stopping by and for the info. (organizational skills) lol For years I seemed to just put out fires. Then I realized it take less effort to prepare and be preemptive. At least I've found many issues can be avoided before the first seed is ever germinated. Like painting a car. 90% of a paint jobs quality is in the preparation of the foundation. Preparation and Ace family genetics. The stuff almost grows itself. Just add water. Ps. My talents are only the other 10% (Ace, CBG, Original Delicatessen, Bohdi) are the 90%. Peace

I like your lineup of breeders/seeders haha, top of the market imo. Very few others I would include in that echelon of seed providers.

Truer words were never spoken in regards to preparation. Proactive decision making for me has always been superior to reactive decisions, both in life and growing. Your garden is a shining example of that idea in practice.

Any early preflowering? Very excited to see some of your girls doing their thing.

:tiphat:
NC

Samuel Caldwell

Yep, google 'barley straw in pond' and you'll find tons of info. I wonder if you could just tie a small 'bale' into your tank? That's probably what I'd try. (I'm a weird organic DIY gardener like that) :smoke:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Ncali, I wish I would have conformed to that line of thinking years earlier. It would have saved me much time, frustration and money. Thank you for your kind and observant words. Plant height and watering issues stand out as situations I will control differently next season. I will be able to take my time with germination. I could shorten the whole process by one month and be in better flowering shape.

Samuel Caldwell, I do also enjoy working along those lines. One thing I have available here is straw and lots of it. I will invest much time over the winter studying and preparing for next season. A crackling fire, hot buttered wine, my laptop and sitting in my chase lounger with some pillows and a blanket. Oh a couple furry kids piled in with me. Then it's the joys of opening curing jars to let them breath a while. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Some Original Delicatessen Genetics

Some Original Delicatessen Genetics

Since Original Delicatessen doesn't have a thread on here I wanted to share some of their genetics. The Queen Mother is the only one that isn't cross breed with something else. Both the Lilly and the Malawi(pink hair) were crossed with the MaPettit. This was in a effort to produce some higher CBD genetics. From the first analysis done the project didn't provide the ratios as expected. What the crosses did provide was some amazing plants that are strong, beautiful and robust. I'm very excited and honored to have these genetics.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?
albumid=73203&pictureid=1768489&thumb=1

These are the Queen Mother plants. The aroma from the stalk is like incense and Testors model glue. (sweet but a chemical under tone. imo?) The plants are very uniform with strong branching that is producing many bud sites. These plants are also very resistant to heat and recover quickly from a lack of water on hot days. These are a great plant in every way. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Malawi pink hair x Mapettit.

Malawi pink hair x Mapettit.

These were intended to be a higher ratio CBD strain. The lab didn't support the goals as desired. That said these are some amazing plants. I have three plants in a 40 black plastic grow tub. The leaf sets are slightly larger than my hand with thinner leaves. 9 & 11 leaf sets are common over entire plant. The branching on these plants is very strong and is covered in dark green leaves. The aroma's I pick up the most are (incense, glue and a slight earthy aroma).

I don't know if there is anymore work being done with these genetics or not. It's a shame if there isn't. Even in a cramped root environment. These ladies thrive and demand to be noticed. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Lilly x MaPettit

Lilly x MaPettit

While most of us at the Ace forums are familiar with the CBG genetics offered on the Ace website. The MaPettit genetics are lesser known. I had researched these on the internet and taken notes for reference. I have misplaced that notebook or just can't find that entry. I don't want to give out wrong information off the top of my head so I won't try and give any. Sorry
This plant is one of my favorites in the greenhouse this season. It's a very robust, bushy dream with incredible branching. It has a overwhelming aroma of fresh cut melon's (honey dew) imo.
The leaf sets are narrow to medium wide hand sized bracts. This girl is waiting to explode in flowering. There is so many bud sites. I'm guessing they will all grow together and form massive cola's everywhere. This plant is very exciting and special to me.

I hope you all have a great weekend, be safe. If you have looked at the Original Delicatessen page at Ace and haven't tried anything yet. Do yourself a favor and get a pack of anything offered. You will be very happy you did. Peace

ULMW

Farmerlion, Loving the grow journal and all the shared info on how strains are performing. Really would love one long hoop tent outdoors one day myself to really grow these plants to their potential as you and others are doing outdoors.
Happy growing!

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
ULMW, Thank you my friend for your kind words. I should clarify that it wasn't Original Delicatessen that was breeding for CBD genetics. It was a gentleman dubi knows that was doing the work. His name escapes me at the moment. Dubi did mention him on another thread. Much respect to him for his efforts. These may not have gone as expected and achieved his breeding goals. Non the less his efforts were not fruitless by any means. Both of these genetics are fantastic. I'm very thankful dubi made these available to me. Peace