What's new

Lebanese

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hey Dubi, the Lebanese x Erdpurt is flowering. Both Lebanese female plants are gaining weight. The smaller one faster than the larger one. I will try and post some pictures here this weekend.
Peace

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
I noticed she's "beefing up" these latest 3 days...

picture.php

Horrible picture sorry, but gives an idea :)

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Thanks Burro! :tiphat:

Looks I hit a not too common "ducksfoot" pheno :biggrin: She has an incredible mango aroma, I find myself grabbing and sniffing her like a hound each time I'm around ;)

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
8-11 update

8-11 update

Hey all, I hope you all are doing well. A few pictures of some of my ladies continuing their adventures in life.

This is my Lebanese x Erdpurt.

This is my Lebanese #1 female. She hasn't been seeded or very minimal if any. (a few strays).

This is my Lebanese #2 female that has been seeded by a Blueberry from DJ Short.
The structure between the two plants is slightly different. One was planted two weeks later than the first. The younger plant is shorter and stalkier. It also has a higher leaf ratio on the buds compared to plant #1. It reminds me a lot of the Michoacán plants I had last season. These do start flowering sooner though. Plant #1 is very tall. I may have to drag her a little more into the center of the greenhouse. I don't want to top her and stress the plant in any way. Next season I will wait another week or so before I germinate these seeds.
Dubi, I love these genetics! Thank you my friend. Breeders packs? I know your busy, but these are really special.
Peace :tiphat:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hey Burro, I agree on that. By themselves or in crosses there is so much untapped potential. I hope you get to try them soon my friend. Peace MedDakotabis

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Wow farmerlion, your Lebaneses look killer! I think mine pheno is closer to your stout one.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Oregonborn, I meant genotype. Indica and sativa are genotypes. Phenotypes are the expression of the genotype in color, tastes and smells. If this had been a hybrid of the two. I would have used phenotype as you correctly pointed out. Either way I'm sure the breeder can figure out my question. Peace
I wasn't aware these were a hybrid, they're being billed as 100% sativa. Though some behave a bit more like indica's they're not actually indica, it's a phenotype. Phenotype differences also include structural.

So, phenotype would be correct.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Douglas Curtis, I may be wrong, but that's the way I learned them and keep them straight. I will re study from several sources again. I will certainly change my terminology if need be. Thanks have a great week. Peace. MedDakotabis

Douglas.Curtis

Douglas Curtis, I may be wrong, but that's the way I learned them and keep them straight. I will re study from several sources again. I will certainly change my terminology if need be. Thanks have a great week. Peace. MedDakotabis
It's a confusion of semantics, since the terms indica and sativa are used to describe both 'genotypes' and also 'phenotypes.' Where you have a hybrid between both 'genotypes,' pointing at one displaying the same characteristics of the indica parent would 'most likely' be correct in calling it an indica genotype.

In plants which are 100% sativa, seeing plants with indica 'like' characteristics is referred to as an indica 'phenotype.' The same is true for 100% indica genetics which sport sativa 'like' plant structure. The original genetics are still 100% sativa or indica, regardless of what it looks like.

Does that make more sense? :D

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Yes it does, this and last season I have Indica plants. Both season's two different strains have expressed sativa dominant traits. 10 and 11 leaf bracts with thinner long leaves. Leaf serations are very indica like . My thought was recessive traits being expressed by triggers from my environment. I have very long summer days of 17+ hours of light.
That said I also have a cross with Lemon Skunk Thai in it that looks full on indica in the same environment.
I look forward to running more Lebanese plants next season.

Thanks for clarification on this subject. Peace

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Indica and Sativa are species, same as ruderalis. That has nothing to do with genotype or phenotype.

Cannabis sativa L. (L is the acronym of Carl Linnaeus)

Cannabis indica Lam (Lam is the acronym of Jean-Baptiste Lamarck)

Cannabis ruderalis Janisch (Dmitrij E. Janischewsky)

This is the way of naming species, aka binomial nomenclature. First is Genus (first letter always upper case), second is species (full lower case), third is the botanist who first classified the species (first letter upper case). The later doesn't apply in zoology as all animal species are classified using Linnaeus taxonomy system.

Douglas.Curtis

Funny. :)

We were discussing the messed up jargon used in the cannabis community, and you have to go bring up facts? lol

Sativa: Latin for "Cultivated"
Indica: Latin for "of India"
Ruderalis: From the Latin word Rudus which means "rubble, lump or rough piece of bronze"

Will there be Breeder Packs available again at some point? Perhaps?? :D

Raho

Veteran
Genotype is the entire content of the genetic package in a plant or "variety" of cannabis.
Phenotype is the expression that we can see in a single specific plant, including it's reaction to environmental influence.

Not all genes in a genotype are outwardly visible in a growing pheno. For example, heterozygous alleles where dominant genes mask the presence of recessive genes. Ultimately these hidden genetics are only relevant considerations when producing offspring. It is the outward expression of the pheno that is the basis of it's description.

When discussing a pheno, it is the traits of one specific plant as observed in a particular environment. Traits and descriptions can and should be very specific as a sample of 1.

When discussing the genotype of a variety/family/strain/line of cannabis, generalizations can be used to describe a range of phenotypes that might arise from a population when grown out: 25% narrow leaf, 15% extremely resinous, 50% high levels of alpha pinene, etc.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Rahi, thanks for the information. I didn't mean to get this thread off topic. Sorry Dubi, while we are all waiting to do weekly updates. It's fun to learn and discuss thoughts.
When we have phenotype nailed down. Let's talk strains. I call bullshit on every cross is a new strain. Give it a name and off to the dispensary as the latest, greatest weed, that seldom if ever is reproduced.
That's what I love about Orient Express. I get the same plant now as ten years ago. Thanks Ace!
Peace.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The way I understand the subject matter is like this:

Genotype is the gene set of a given individual plant (cultivar).

Phenotype is how a genotype responds to its environment. We've all (that run miltiple environs) seen phenotype changes, in clones, when introduced into new environments.

All cannabis that is cultivated is a Sativa.
Indica is a place just as Afghani is a place just as Thai is a place just as Columbian is a place. The term INDICA is not a reference to a type of plant rather it is a reference as to where a plant originated.

NLD is a Narrow Leaf Drug type
WLD is a Wide Leaf Drug type
BLD is a Broad Leaf Drug type (same as WLD)
NLH is Narrow Leaf Hemp type
WLH is a Wide Leaf Hemp type
BLH is a Broad Leaf Hemp type
These NLD, BLD, WLD, NLH, BLH, WLH designations have been in existence for as long as the incorrectly designated Sativa/Indica paradigm that Sam & R.C.C. started with their first publications.

If we can get back to using the correct terminology (Words of art*), we can have better educated discussions. Webster cannot define words of art because they are too specific.
BARRON'S LEGAL GUIDES said:
*Words of art are words that have a particular meaning to a particular area of study.

Latest posts

Latest posts