What's new

Official Results: 2008 IC Mag 420 Growers & Breeders Cup

THC4SIM

Well done to the winners, and the loosers too!!!,

Great hooking up with you all!,,
niceOne for the OGbeans Capt. Cript, good toking with you!!!

Oh yea, Core cheers for the joints of your SSSDH very nice and your DeepChunkxC99
both great smokes

And of course True's Cheese n CaseyJones!..

niceOne Guys!!

J

jimbroker

I second the cap'n. I can't believe that nycd is considered a sativa... or even sativa-like so I think it would be nice to put a some kind %sativa cutoff as well.

The GHS - chemdog 2nd place to me is an odd entry. I don't understand why a breeder/seed shop of Greenhouse's size would submit something that is not even available in seed form. Maybe they are planning a release soon? I could see an independent submitting stuff no one has their hands on.. but not greenhouse seed company. I don't think it is of any use to submit product from P1 clones and win cannabis competitions and than release watered-down hybrid to growers like me.I guess it makes a quick buck...

I think in a perfect world the cannabis competitions would be double-blind (thumbs up to icmag 420 cup for blind judging) and the classifications as to sativa and indica families would be distinct. I would want to be able to have a 10% chance (at least) at being able to obtain a mother that is nearly identical to the cup entrant in a 10-pack of seeds. The further a competition slips from this ideal than the less legitimate the competitions seem to be to the growers like me.

From what I see of cannabis competition videos it is just a "scene" of cannabis growers/profiteers patting each other on the back. Without real competitions of genetics it is no wonder everything out of A'dam is just reshuffled Skunk/Haze/NL genes and the top two spots this year in the "sativa" category are US bag seed genes.

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
THC4 said:
Well done to the winners, and the loosers too!!!,

Great hooking up with you all!,,
niceOne for the OGbeans Capt. Cript, good toking with you!!!

Oh yea, Core cheers for the joints of your SSSDH very nice and your DeepChunkxC99
both great smokes

And of course True's Cheese n CaseyJones!..

niceOne Guys!!

thx THC it woz realy nice to meet you and yes true's cheese and casey where a joy for my lungs...and delta's stuff woz just awSOME :yoinks:
and i got to smoke some real DNA stuff that woz quite nice 2....surtenly is worth mentioning...i realy loved the taste of there Recon

THC4SIM

Oh yea, Ed had some real nice hash's with him, passing bowls around..
Cheers Ed!, nice to meet ya bud!

I tasted a few bowls of the recon from DNA, i gotta say very nice, n tasty!

G

the kushage was nice,,cheese got me stumped ,i thought tc had entered it and sais it was as good as cheese gets ,later found out was same cut but from someone else

OG bub

~Cannabis-Resinous~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sad to see what ego can to to a bunch of folks feeling good about such a congregation as the 420 cup.. for fucks sake, its weed!

we aint turf warring for crack sales dammit.. grow up!

biggest congrats to the folks who diddnt place in the top, but will go again next year!!!

BTW, OGR is kosher, by all means imo.

bub.

OG bub

~Cannabis-Resinous~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Capt. Crip said:
Fo real....LMAO......
Classic!

Only saying once,,,,you better have something badass for the sativa entry next year!!Would love to see a real sativa classification instaed of allowing Sour Diesel and the like of the Chen line into the sativa catagory..They are not sativas or even close....3 catagories would solve this properly...
Sativa.....up to 25%INDICA
Indica.....up to 25% sativa
Indi/Sativa.....anything beyond the 25% cutoff

This would give a fair shake to true sativas such as Zamal this year....
We all know what sativa looks like and we all know that the Sours/Chems/Kushes do not belong in a sativa catagory..

I realize this is the way the cups have been run for some time now but it doesn't make it right...
The IC cup could be the first to step up and have a true sativa class to be judged...

Just a thought.........................CC

yepp!
a hybrid category would only be right.

raskal n other leaders of good things: this thread is a lesson on why not to share good stuff with some folks.... never thought Id say that..

bub.

OG bub

~Cannabis-Resinous~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
REZDOG said:
Yo,Bub,whassup?
How ya been?
If you think ogr wasn't out of line, I beg to differ.

high bro! yeah been too long, doin well here, look as tho yer aint hurtin yerself.

I wont get in the middle of anything you n raskal may have to debate. just made note that from what I know of him, he's been all good by me.. nothin else intended bro.

I just hate to see any BS in this thread. n hope it gets resolved, or atleast peaks somewhere else.

peace folks, bub.

REZDOG

Veteran
Good to hear,Bub.
Keep on keepin' on, I'll do the same.
I have ogr all sorted out,no worries.
Read as: Fuck him & the horse he rode in on.

Cheers!

REZDOG

Veteran
ograskal said:
OK Now...What do you mean all sorted out??...What are you sooo mad at Rezdog???.Tell Me...

Ooooh, what do I mean,"all sorted out"?
Well,sleep on what it means, asshole.
Fuck you,"mad"....I'm not "mad" at all. In fact, thanks for letting us all in on what a douchebag you are.
A westie sending clones to arjan. What a twat.
Gosh,I thought your Ritalin was taking care of your mood-swings,I see you still lose control of your mouth,even online. No great fucking loss.
Put the stem and beer down and realize you crossed the line.
Or,don't,no matter.

REZDOG

Veteran
ograskal said:
Hey Rez Take that Fukkin Stikk Out of Your Ass Already...I was Just Pullin Your Dikk Big Cry Baby....I would Never give the Chem D cut to anybody you Douchebag......LMFAO.....Gotcha you Tweeker....LOL....~ogr

I see.
So now it's all a Big Joke.
haha! Rez!
I'd never do THAT!
Did your fucking meds kick in??
How much slack do you fucking want??
Truth is,I've been SICK of your bi-polar BULLSHIT for a long time.
So,now,you're,um...."sorry"?
Fuck,stay on your meds,and stay the fuck out of my way,COMPLETELY.
I swear to St. fucking Christopher it's in your best fucking interest not to ignore what I'm saying.
I want to see you print your fucking concession,here,now.

REZDOG

Veteran
ograskal said:
WTF are you talkin about Fukkin Tweeker....I aint sorry about Nothin.....Are you trying to threaten me.....Go fukk yourself you Piece of Shit.....And You should be banned for Spreading Bullshit Lies about Me and Suge...You Break the Fukkin TOU every damn day here on ICMAG.....You even started a fukkin thread just to Talk shit about me ..Remember that....Your the Bi-Polar one you fool...Screw you and your threats....

You don't get It,but you Will. :smile:

Last edited:

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
Come on Fredster read before you post...
He was just BSing around...Honestly do not know how anyone can give him grief with the contributions to this site...Loosen up people.......
Rez,
I think you can understand that he was just yanking your chain...Really no need to look at it otherwise...And no need to make it something it's not....
Come on,,,smile,,you just won an award and didn't even enter :)

G

Well, just made it home from the Cup, sore feet and achign lungs but man, what a great time!

Just wanna say bigthanks to capt. crip, smokey (and mrs smokey!), ojd, logic, mrhaze420 and everyone else I;m forgetting.

Thanks to Kenny for saying hello today and keeping me company for a while, my sore feet just didn't want to walk anymore and I was pretty happy where I was!

I have to say, I chatted to Soma about the NYCD and he entered his mum as folks suspect, according to what he said. I spotted the NYVD, it was very fruity, I thought more oranges than grapefruits and very sticky when breaking up, so I'm not complaning about it winning as it was probably the best grown sample of the bunch, but to be honeast, it would have been walked all over by some of the other buds I got to smoke over the weeked - truecannabliss's Cheese and Casey Jones, JLP's Vanillaluna and all 3 of Bear's rock-hard sample buds were better imho, in fact, the tastes I liked most all weekend were the Vanillaluna and Bear's Chocolope.

Big props to the hashman for the Nepalese and Caramello, both made it home with me safely and are being much enjoyed now.

Top 5 best things about the cup:

1. Meeting lots of very cool folks
2. Caramello and Nepalese - both amazingly fantastic
3. The buds people brought with them
4. GHS Strawberry Milkshakes
5. BLT's (and watching Bear eat them one after the other! lol)

Things that sucked about the cup:

No sativas
DNA/Seed Politics BS
On-site, post-cup pissin contest BS
Not many icmag members were able to make it
No Chemdog (I know GHS says there was but where? Chem D wasn't to be found in those samples if ya asks me!)

So all in all a fantastic time, was just hangin in Amsterdam with some very cool friends for a couple of days and there happened to be some seed samples being judged, this year the cup was very secondary to just hangin out and gettin to know folks.

So regardless of any 'who's got what cut shit' the weekend was a great gathering of cool cats and I can't wait to do it again! OH, and this Chemdog hoopla just makes me giggle when I'm toking on some off the hook hash, who cares what the truth is about the GHS dog, folks on icmag should know better than to worry about what GHS does cos Arjan surely couldn't care less!

REZDOG

Veteran
Capt.
How's A'Damm?
Lovin' it?
I hope you're having a ball,didja' meet Smokey?
Ask him about me,he's Family,he'll tell ya a bit about me. A wee bit. :D
On ogr: I didn't find his seriously fucked up,bipolar shit amusing at all. I can hear him screeching from here,and I'm in a wi-fi tapas bar outside of Barcelona right now.
He can suck up and apologize or I'm going to take it Very Fucking Personally.
I've taken more unnecessary fucking crap from him for too long,and this time he's seriously over-stepped.