What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NOVEMBER 2007 - CANNABIS CUP & OTHER EVENTS

mr.haze420

Veteran
ht cannabis entry fee's for shops ans seed company's, 1000 euros per strain. do the math. that is a lot of loot

SpacedCWBY

Veteran
Dude... Arghhh...

I won't be in town until the 17th... Truly a day late and after this trip will be a few dollars short...

Hope it turns out to be a good show. Enjoy!!!

G

so many good concerts this year.... STOKED. Just like 2005, the year that the variation of genres was legendary.

Let me be the XXth person to say, " It's gonna be grrrrrrrrrrrrreat....!" Always is.

Last edited:
G

mr.haze420 said:
ht cannabis entry fee's for shops ans seed company's, 1000 euros per strain. do the math. that is a lot of loot

Dutch Marijuana Becomes More Expensive as Police Raids Rise

By Joana Quintanilha

Oct. 2 (Bloomberg) -- The price of Dutch marijuana has increased 20 percent this year because the supply is being curbed by a rise in police raids on hemp plantations.

The effectiveness of one gram of Dutch-grown marijuana also has decreased by 1.5 percent, according to an e-mailed statement from the Trimbos Institute, a Dutch group that studies drug addiction and treatments. The level of THC, the compound that gives cannabis its potency, fell to 16 percent from 17.5 percent last year.

It is the first time that the price of Dutch marijuana has risen since the institute started keeping a record of hemp prices in 1999. One gram of marijuana, grown in the Netherlands, costs 7.30 euros ($10.30) currently.

A decrease in supply of Dutch hemp and higher prices could be causing some marijuana producers to mix the cannabis with compounds such as sand and glass pearls, the statement said. The Institute didn't find evidence that hemp sold in Dutch coffee shops has been mixed with other compounds.

Imported cannabis was 5.4 percent weaker than a year ago, according to the statement. The price of imported marijuana also increased this year, by about 40 cents per gram.

Earlier this year, police in Rotterdam said they'd shut down 600 indoor marijuana farms since 2005. There are about 6,000 active producers in the city.

Dutch officials have stepped up raids on an estimated 40,000 indoor hemp plantations, which cause two fires a month in Rotterdam by tapping into power lines for lights that feed their crops. The crackdown is making it harder to supply marijuana shops with the Super Skunk and Purple Haze their customers crave in a country that decriminalized use of the drug in 1976.

JBIG420

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP5wwxp8n4g

Check out Apothecary Travel they got a GREAT cannabis cup video here!
and umm, Americans... reccognize these strains?

Some coffeeshops in Amsterdam will start selling animal-friendly spacecake. They will start with this at October 4, which is 'Animal Day' in The Netherlands. This has been announced by the organisation Wakker Dier ('Animal Awake'), which approached the coffeeshops with this initiative.

The new animal-friendly spacecake will contain cage-free eggs in stead of factory farmed eggs. The spacecakes with these cage-free eggs will get a special sticker on them, so the consumer knows the spacecake is chicken-friendly.

The first coffeeshops which will start with this will be De Dampkring, De Tweede Kamer and the 2 shops of Abraxas. During the touristic season these coffeeshops used about 300 eggs in 1 week. About 20 other coffeeshops have told to start with this also, but it is unknown when.

Jason from De Dampkring: "I just never thought about it. But it's a huge relief to know that my spacecake is ethically OK right now."

JBIG420

YIKES

EVEN MORE PARTIES ADDED NOW!
damn this is looking like the cup of all cups... and I really had not thought that it would even be better than last year until now

HEY... quick question... WHERE DO WE FIND THE SEED CUP ENTRIES?
everybody knows the CANNABIS cup entries are at coffeeshops, but do I have to go to each seed company to buy their indica cup and sativa cup entry or how do I find them (IMHO those are the best strains going around during cup time)

G

Poor $ bummer enuf..! Will this drive people to harder drugs.? i.e. alcohol.

Poor $ bummer enuf..! Will this drive people to harder drugs.? i.e. alcohol.

Uh - OH, (AS IF IT MATTERS....! lol)

Check this from a newspaper on

2 OCT, '07

UTRECHT – The many police actions to put a stop to illegal cultivation of cannabis has made the supply of Dutch-grown marijuana – Nederwiet – scarcer. The price of a gram has increased by 20 percent as a result, the Telegraaf reports.

The Trimbos institute for drug research concludes this in a report presented on Tuesday.

The average price of the marijuana is now EUR 7.30 a gram.
(An illustration of the lower prices outside of AMS..? -icy)

The police are slowly gaining a grip on illegal cultivation in the country. There has been a crackdown on growers as they are being evicted from their rental properties and being fined substantially. More and more are moving to Belgium and Germany.

The strength of the Nederwiet, determined by its THC content, has fallen by 17.5 percent over the past year to 16 percent. This after the THC content was on the rise in the beginning of this century.

Imported cannabis also had a lower THC content on average in 2007.

Everyone is so pumped for Da Cup..... HT has a good year lined up, as do the concert venues of AMS.

Last edited:

JBIG420

damn... but hey I am sure I will still have a good time

ANYBODY KNOW WHAT FILMS ARE PLAYING AT THE IDFA AND THE SHADOW FEST?

I wanna go and see something but I can't seem to find a list of films or showtimes etc... help!

JBIG420

those are good links but I still don't see anywhere that lists the movies playing and the times (AND MORE IMPORTANTLY HOW TO BUY TICKETS FOR EACH SHOW!)

good link tho, lots of info but am I wrong, no list of movies and times and exact locations

JBIG420

MrHaze... those are the same links no? I see on the IDFA site something thats says the "The entire IDFA 2007 selection can be seen at www.idfa.nl from 15 October." so I think there is NO LIST till then, but if you found one on there then please link me cause I STILL can't find a list

AND

the shadow festival info is all 2006

and for the Melkweg I can't seem to find cinema info for November...

these are all good links, like I said, but I am pretty sure no list is there... I would love to know what is playing and I had thought I must have been missing the link or something but I guess it may not be listed yet

G

The work continues, light at the end of the tunnel shows itself..... November in AMS... The Carrot.

mr.haze420

Veteran
latest on the magic mushroom situation

Mushrooms to fall under opium law
Friday 12 October 2007

Health minister Ab Klink and justice minister Ernst Hirsch Ballin have agreed that hallucinogenic mushrooms are to come under the opium law so that the sale of fresh ones are illegal. Dried mushrooms are already banned.

Dozens of so-called smart shops in the Netherlands have sold fresh hallucinogenic mushrooms for years.

However, an increasing number of incidents involving so-called paddos, including the death of a 17-year-old French girl, has turned public opinion against hallucinogenic mushrooms and forced the cabinet to take action.

© DutchNews.nl

Latest posts

Latest posts