What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi feminized

Old Toker

X2
Yah...I lived this. In fact I may STILL have some Malawi growing in my attic from when they burst through the top of the tent. :tiphat:
How long did yours go in flower till you pulled em?
They are still in flower. Today is day 100 of 12/12. One of the Malawis will probably be ready for a flush this week sometime. Not sure about the other one....but she should be close.
Good luck with yours!:tiphat:

Texicwaste666

Surprises, male Chemdawgs

Surprises, male Chemdawgs

turns out no1 and no3 look like boys, with a few hermy spots maybe. Help? chem no 1 male.jpg Chem no3 ,male.jpg Chem no3 male.jpg hermy.jpg male or hermy.jpg

Texicwaste666

Surprises

Surprises

Chem no1 male sacks.jpg

Chem no2 female.jpg

chem no3 male or hermy.jpg

hermy.jpg

Chem no3 ,male.jpg

should I keep both and just blast the shit out of the female Malawi and get some crossing going? Maybe just keep one of the two? I will get a good cross and that was my intention. I wonder if Dubi ever crossed a badass Chemdawg with his Malawi? Imagine the face blasting rush of the Chem with the length and intensity of the Malawi. And the smell from the Chem dominant will be off the hook, if they hatch. Malawi Kush.

Last edited:

Texicwaste666

Malawi x Chem91 update

Malawi x Chem91 update

i pulled the Chem no1 male, so now I am down to six plants, giving more room on the right for the Malawi to stretch. I have been trimming out the snaky popcorn limbs that grow off the Malawi stretch. I'm going to keep only what will produce, and reduce out the stringy stuff. I hope to get enough good seeds to test the cross.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Texicwaste666, Be careful when chucking pollen. It gets real addictive quick. I ended up with three crosses I really liked. But I couldn't work any of them in the numbers needed to do any of them justice. I started buying a lot of seeds so I would feel compelled to grow them instead. That said the Malawi x Chem 91 sounds fun. Peace

Texicwaste666

Texicwaste666, Be careful when chucking pollen. It gets real addictive quick. I ended up with three crosses I really liked. But I couldn't work any of them in the numbers needed to do any of them justice. I started buying a lot of seeds so I would feel compelled to grow them instead. That said the Malawi x Chem 91 sounds fun. Peace
I know what you are talking about with the numbers. I'm at the stage I could get rid of the one male which I trimmed down for less pollen but the thought of a Malawi Kush is tempting. The down side is the results might be a wasted time for inferior results. But before I rush to chopping my only male I will wait a bit. FrankenChem.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Texicwaste666,

I don't see any hermie signs in your chemdawgs, they look like pure males (at least at this stage of flowering), but is difficult to fully confirm it from here.

Pollen chucking is really funny and interesting, and we always encourage growers to use our genetics to produce their own seeds if that's their desire, but i think it's important to evaluate properly first the lines you have, grow them to their best potential and unseeded, so you can evaluate better the genepools you have available for breeding, then set up your breeding goals and decide whether the genetics you have available will be useful for your breeding objectives.

One of our customers did a Chem x Malawi cross in 2014 with great results, he liked the outcome and the hybrid was analyzed showing 24 % THC (i attach the cannabinoid analysis of the Chemdog x Malawi hybrid).

Malawi is a very solid sativa line to produce very powerful, resinous, high yielding and very vigorous hybrids (with minimal hermie problems) as we and many others have experienced.

On the other hand, i think your current Malawi grow will benefit if you remove males so they have more space for a better development.

Hope it helps, let me know if you have any other doubt.

Attachments

• Chemdog x Malawi.jpg
    Chemdog x Malawi.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Texicwaste666

Hi Texicwaste666,

I don't see any hermie signs in your chemdawgs, they look like pure males (at least at this stage of flowering), but is difficult to fully confirm it from here.

Pollen chucking is really funny and interesting, and we always encourage growers to use our genetics to produce their own seeds if that's their desire, but i think it's important to evaluate properly first the lines you have, grow them to their best potential and unseeded, so you can evaluate better the genepools you have available for breeding, then set up your breeding goals and decide whether the genetics you have available will be useful for your breeding objectives.

One of our customers did a Chem x Malawi cross in 2014 with great results, he liked the outcome and the hybrid was analyzed showing 24 % THC (i attach the cannabinoid analysis of the Chemdog x Malawi hybrid).

Malawi is a very solid sativa line to produce very powerful, resinous, high yielding and very vigorous hybrids (with minimal hermie problems) as we and many others have experienced.

On the other hand, i think your current Malawi grow will benefit if you remove males so they have more space for a better development.

Hope it helps, let me know if you have any other doubt.
Thanks Dubi, that was the word i was waiting for. I agree, learn the plant first. I have lots of
old school chem 91 and I have grown it for years, but don't know anything about the Malawi. So, thanks for the advice. I'm looking forward to a fun grow out. Anyhoo, I cut out the last male and have lots of elbow room now. Cheers.

Texicwaste666

Malawi Update new pics

Malawi Update new pics

I took these pics right after feeding with the lights off, pic of Chemdawg blurry.

more space now for the Malawi to stretch.jpg all Malawi now.jpg are these pre buds.jpg one lone Chemdawg bottom left.jpg nice Malawi.jpg

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I'm glad it has helpful ;) i forgot to add the chem x Malawi analysis in my previous post

Texicwaste666

Malawi Update new pics

Malawi Update new pics

A little droopy looking cause I took the pics after I fed them with lights off ( I feed with green light ). One in back I had to tie up to get in the right position. The end of transition.

looking like bud time.jpg

space opened to the left for Malawi stretch.jpg

whole lot of Malawi.jpg

Last edited:

Texicwaste666

I'm glad it has helpful ;) i forgot to add the chem x Malawi analysis in my previous post
I really want to try the cross, but you are absolutely right about giving the Malawi more room, and learning the plant. Your genetics are the best I have tried outside of maybe these Chems which never fail to pop. With the Ace Malawi, how do you choose which plants are best when all of them are so strong. This is the middle of week three of bloom cycle. I appreciate the advice and response. I will keep you posted on my grow.

Texicwaste666

Feeding when lights out

Feeding when lights out

I usually feed these girls a few times a day or when I think the medium is getting dry. So, I hit them when the lights come on, then about an hour before they go off and about midway before they come back on if they need it. I have had no PM issues or mold issues. My humidity stays between 35-55%. On the hottest day so far ( 89f-31c), my high in my room was around 70 with lights out and 81 with lights on. Not bad so far, but we shall see as summer progresses. I may just stop feeding them in the dark now to avoid PM. Hopefully feeding when lights come on, and an hour or two before they go off will be good enough. They are really drinking now.

Texicwaste666

Malawi Update new pics

Malawi Update new pics

I have a hole at the top left of my scrog now that I got rid of the last male. Everything is starting to bloom. Keeping the EC at about 1.2.

all I did was fim the Malawi once  at the sixth node and they explded.jpg big Malawi stretch.jpg chem.jpg Chemdawg.jpg losing the male in the back.jpg

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
TW6, I had to shorten your name up brother. The ladies look real nice. I planted for germination one new Malawi killer and one purple Malawi last night. They will get 7 to 8 weeks of vegetative growth before flowering starts. I have three plants that are regular genetics. Any males will be culled unless one of the Peyote Purple's are a male. Then he will be moved into the old flowering room. I will find a way to get the Purple Malawi in her 45 gallon grow bag moved to the old room. My daughter and I were discussing growing one day and that is what she came up with for her cross. I agreed with her, that sounds like a great cross. A purple plant that has real power, taste and a kind effect. I'll spend some time on it for her. It's not the usual parent child activity but it works. Peace

sdd420

Veteran
Purple peyote males are unheard of. So don't even count on it .......sorry....peace sdd

Texicwaste666

TW6, I had to shorten your name up brother. The ladies look real nice. I planted for germination one new Malawi killer and one purple Malawi last night. They will get 7 to 8 weeks of vegetative growth before flowering starts. I have three plants that are regular genetics. Any males will be culled unless one of the Peyote Purple's are a male. Then he will be moved into the old flowering room. I will find a way to get the Purple Malawi in her 45 gallon grow bag moved to the old room. My daughter and I were discussing growing one day and that is what she came up with for her cross. I agreed with her, that sounds like a great cross. A purple plant that has real power, taste and a kind effect. I'll spend some time on it for her. It's not the usual parent child activity but it works. Peace
Ace makes a good purple Malawi with it's Malawi x PCK. I have some beans I am going to run next grow. The Malawi's are really shooting up nice and the chem is a monster, wish those two males were females, then I would have some serious smoke.

Texicwaste666

are you using regular beans or feminized? And what are you going to do with all that grass? you must have a barn to dry and cure in.

Latest posts

Latest posts