What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

Nexus7

@SamS

Re:Love Potion

Is that Reef's cup winning cut?

Any chance of a straight Love Potion x OHz?

Dkeppel

Kia Ora Madmac,

Where does a haze lover get some of your gear brother ?

I saw Tomhill haze on seedbay but nothing else.

SUPER_HAZE

hello,
here a overview of some haze & hybrids all from SamS.
all grown in organic soil with biobizz and cmh 315w philips agro 11/13
just a test grow to see what those old genetics have to offer...
i'm impressed...
background left the huge head is OHz x SK#1
than you see Thunk and some more OHz x SK#1
forground right is Love Portion/(OHz/SK#1) x OHz/SK#1
those slender sativas are OHz ... best cut's from last year...
View Image

OHz in 7.5 PH soil...
View Image

@SamS
do you know anything about more sweet soil for NLD?
since i'll push my soil with dolomite lime, gypsum and basalt...
i'll have no cal/mag issues @ end of grow anymore and plants looking more lime as before... did some research but there is nothing about pure NLD and Soil PH ...
since i've read that on the haze poster as advice...
well who would give bad advice ...
i'm on fire to find it out...
damn that it need so long to finally find it out...
but me think it's worth to do...

many thx & happy to grow those oldies...
M.:tiphat:

Many landraces sativa grow in slightly acidic soils. A ph of 6-6.5 I think it would be better.

Although it is better to try two clones with different soil and see which one is better. :)

MadMac

far beyond driven...
hello,
Many landraces sativa grow in slightly acidic soils. A ph of 6-6.5 I think it would be better.
i'll know.. but not overall in the world... really depend ... do research and you see...
example Tomatoes grow also good in different soil...
but @7.5PH they shine and give the most tasty and biggest tomatoes...

Although it is better to try two clones with different soil and see which one is better.
ohh you think i'm a newbie hehe...
well i'll do it 1:1 with 6.5PH 7.5PH and 8.5PH ... all same cut same time same same...
would be stupid not to compare ;-)
and a useless trial...
but thx for reminder

Dkeppel

Kia Ora,

Madmac not sure if you missed my question before, was wondering if there is somewhere to pick up your seeds ?

I saw THH on seedbay but none of your fine looking ohz hybrids, you've got good taste brother very similar to mine :yummy:

MadMac

far beyond driven...
Kia Ora,

Madmac not sure if you missed my question before, was wondering if there is somewhere to pick up your seeds ?

I saw THH on seedbay but none of your fine looking ohz hybrids, you've got good taste brother very similar to mine :yummy:

hello,
many thx for request...
well have to say the THH seeds you see are from a repro i'll did...
i've got last org. seeds from Panik and i'll promised to give back..
was more for the community because it's a very good haze and worth to keep alive and get shared... no money involved ... only for the pleasure and goal in mind to make haze lovers happy again ;-)
the crosses i've made are just grown' yet and i will make a dedicated thread about this work soon...
i'm thinking about sharing or seedbay...
but need to proof and show the genetics first ...
well have to say i'll only grow and select for effect ...
:thank you:
M.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Kia Ora,

Get 50 posts up then you can PM ...

clearheaded

lol people are funny and want to discredit african americans still to this day.
AMAZING. slave owners were cooking okra too right? and all the melons were from whites? delicious curries slaves didnt make that and bring that with them either lol. cause your sense? its very well documented so cant really dispute facts because of how u feel the whole thing went down. have to wrap your minds around the fact that slave owners wouldnt want to give meds or food to slaves rather let them do that themselves. so allowing them to bring foods and meds they can grow was valuable for the slave owners aswell. you or I do not know more then scholars in the area so we should believe what they say unless evidence to the contrary.

And european hemp magically changed to LONG flowering equitorial sativas as soon as it was planted amazing!. wish I could make equatorial sativas flower in the north just as easy ;) lol anyway main point is it was an advantage for owners to allow them to bring seeds and was not a matter of being torn froom tehre homes and put on a ship

Nexus7

lol people are funny and want to discredit african americans still to this day.
AMAZING. slave owners were cooking okra too right? and all the melons were from whites? delicious curries slaves didnt make that and bring that with them either lol. cause your sense? its very well documented so cant really dispute facts because of how u feel the whole thing went down. have to wrap your minds around the fact that slave owners wouldnt want to give meds or food to slaves rather let them do that themselves. so allowing them to bring foods and meds they can grow was valuable for the slave owners aswell. you or I do not know more then scholars in the area so we should believe what they say unless evidence to the contrary.

And european hemp magically changed to LONG flowering equitorial sativas as soon as it was planted amazing!. wish I could make equatorial sativas flower in the north just as easy ;) lol anyway main point is it was an advantage for owners to allow them to bring seeds and was not a matter of being torn froom tehre homes and put on a ship

Delicious curries, tasty melons, grow your own weed and guaranteed work. Suddenly slave life ain't sounding too bad

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Cannabis was a valuable plant full stop with out it they could not of made ropers sails clothing and they used the seed for oil and the flowers to get high and medicine.Yes most of the hemp was high THC but good luck growing a sativa in Siberia.

High THC cannabis produces better fiber better paper more oil and more seed .
Yea slaves had it good all they were missing were cocktail hour and sun chairs ?.

I thought most slaves ended up in chains or locked up very sad part of human history.

led05

Chasing The Present
hello,

i'll know.. but not overall in the world... really depend ... do research and you see...
example Tomatoes grow also good in different soil...
but @7.5PH they shine and give the most tasty and biggest tomatoes

Mac; I’d love to see you tommies at 7.5PH; and some others running next to them at 6.5....;)

Peppers would be happier up there at 7.5 than tommies but really both would be fine too, no higher for the toms....But why......

Hint, it’s not Mg.... It’s all about Ca, in all plants, most all animals and people too, everything else is secondary to this... Ca should be everyone’s golden rule - But in reality most people buy Cal:Mg for fk sake.... Ca tossed to the wayside.... Blossom end what... throw more Calmag at it; Doh ! ha ha ha

PS: I’m very much enjoying your Haze experiment at 6.5, 7.5 & 8.5.... But I trust / hope you’re doing it blindly as to not be potentially biased by a poster from 45 years ago my good buddy.....

Love your style; A Renaissance Man Figuring shit out for himself - :tiphat:

Ideal world IMO 6.5-7.2 Living soil were talking..... Sweet enough but skirting edge for your acidic micros and don’t overlook the value of S, S is our terpene friend - With Ca first and then K to finish ;)

Last edited:

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Cannabis was a valuable plant full stop with out it they could not of made ropers sails clothing and they used the seed for oil and the flowers to get high and medicine.Yes most of the hemp was high THC but good luck growing a sativa in Siberia.

High THC cannabis produces better fiber better paper more oil and more seed .
Yea slaves had it good all they were missing were cocktail hour and sun chairs ?.

I thought most slaves ended up in chains or locked up very sad part of human history.
i dunno about that one man,
if it were true a lot of hemp would be high thc ,
but its not ,
im also not so sure indian hemp was that high in thc either ,
just it had a reasonable % compared to some other hemp ,
it was considered psychoactive , vs other hemp that wasnt is the major difference i thought anyhow ..

perhaps it gave folks something to work with and improve apon ..

folks (slaves) tend to be happier and work better if they have access to some cannabis , the sort that stimulates that , likely not couch lock indica .. lol ...

KiefSweat

Veteran
Haze would be a decent fiber crop. But the idea is harvesting the plant right as the early stretch of flower is ending and before flowers are forming so in that case the resin content of the plant is really a moot point anyway.

KiefSweat

Veteran
It’s somewhat basic geography too. In the states slavery wasn’t as big above the 35th. At least in America at that point below the 35th the weather is conducive enough to grow more sativa dominant varieties or multiple crops a year. Afghans aren’t all small indica types either as a lot of Afghanistan is lower land desert type at the 35th or below as well.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
i dunno about that one man,
if it were true a lot of hemp would be high thc ,
but its not ,
im also not so sure indian hemp was that high in thc either ,
just it had a reasonable % compared to some other hemp ,
it was considered psychoactive , vs other hemp that wasnt is the major difference i thought anyhow ..

perhaps it gave folks something to work with and improve apon ..

folks (slaves) tend to be happier and work better if they have access to some cannabis , the sort that stimulates that , likely not couch lock indica .. lol ...

Prohibition is what brought about the creation of industrial hemp and all of it is patented and created in the 20th century.

The wild cannabis crops in Australia were from the seed brought over on the first fleet.

Traditional variety's of hemp can not be grown because their THC % it is to high.

Japan has one of the oldest hemp cultures and there traditional variety's have the same THC % as Jamaican and Mexican cannabis from the 70s.

led05

Chasing The Present
couch lock indica .. lol ...

a luxury of modern times...couch lock people back in the day got eaten or didn't eat..... Only today can us humans be so lazy, sloth'ish

Perhaps a better place to start than this thread for many to brush up is this book for general history of the plant dating back millennia .......

PS: Don’t get stung too much Wally; I miss ya buddy.... Better after a while than never; your Laos x MHz :tiphat:

Attachments

• 1134BEDC-5E89-433C-A018-9242D027EEE1.jpg
    1134BEDC-5E89-433C-A018-9242D027EEE1.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 06BAA571-5C34-4687-B5F7-5C8B156B3792.jpg
    06BAA571-5C34-4687-B5F7-5C8B156B3792.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

MadMac

far beyond driven...
Ohhhh-Haze

Ohhhh-Haze

hello,
when OHz start's to flower...
the best girls have resin everywhere...
easy to spot... also main stem...
PH7.5 soil works without issues... no burn no problems...
just pretty lime green girls...
8.5PH slows down grow...
6.5PH is good but slower in flowering and more dark green leaf's...
i'm sure haze loves it sweet now... ;-)

OHz... my queen
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

happy growin'

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Prohibition is what brought about the creation of industrial hemp and all of it is patented and created in the 20th century.

The wild cannabis crops in Australia were from the seed brought over on the first fleet.

Traditional variety's of hemp can not be grown because their THC % it is to high.

Japan has one of the oldest hemp cultures and there traditional variety's have the same THC % as Jamaican and Mexican cannabis from the 70s.
yes i did read about that hempy ,
if there is any left it is likely able to be considered aussie landrace,
its been a while since the first fleet reached these shores ..

a luxury of modern times...couch lock people back in the day got eaten or didn't eat..... Only today can us humans be so lazy, sloth'ish

Perhaps a better place to start than this thread for many to brush up is this book for general history of the plant dating back millennia .......

PS: Don’t get stung too much Wally; I miss ya buddy.... Better after a while than never; your Laos x MHz :tiphat:
thanks ledo ,
is it because im viewing from the land down under ,
or is that picture upside down , hahaha ..

looks great buddy , love those leafs ,
did u get to harvest any yet , or is that a recent pic ??

led05

Chasing The Present
yes i did read about that hempy ,
if there is any left it is likely able to be considered aussie landrace,
its been a while since the first fleet reached these shores ..

thanks ledo ,
is it because im viewing from the land down under ,
or is that picture upside down , hahaha ..

looks great buddy , love those leafs ,
did u get to harvest any yet , or is that a recent pic ??

Seriously man tell me bout it and does the toilet flush different too or what.... ? Ha

Clearly I suck arse at posting pics on this site... Like Mac is embedding images above that I feel are larger than all my attachments combined like a Professional Photographer and yet everything I post keeps getting “squeezed” and rotated....

The tough life man, these battles I face.....:laughing:

I’ll take the time to eventually figure it out and post some proper pics one of these days, everything so far has been worse than butchered.... The world is changin, I worry less .... Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts