What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Its time for another Coffee Lovers thread!

R

Rysam

yeah I know theres many threads on here about loving the brew, but we come and go and theres always new faces around.

So... whats yer liking in the coffee land?

Im a starbucks sellout, I admit it. Its consistent.

Usually though, its fresh ground from my grinder right into the press. add a splash of half&half and a spoon of raw sugar crystals and ;life is damn good.

I was just gifted a full pound of beans that retails for 85$ a LB in the US..HOLY SHIT! (they were 25$ to my uncle, see below)
the beans are from El Salvador, handled by hand every step of the way from picking to roasting etc.. no machines, even in the sealing of the bag is done with a hot iron press doohickey, no electricity at all.
A guy in my uncles church owns the plantation and is selling a bunch to raise $$ for a school in the town, Uncle bought ten lbs and is gifting them out.

so how do you like your brew?

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I can get a good depth charge (2 or 3 espresso shots topped w/coffee) for cheap money ($3.00) @ a couple of Bemidji MN coffee shops. I stopped brewing @ home because I was drinking just too much of the stuff.......

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
I'm a medium roast kinda guy. My favorites are Costa Rican and Guatemalan. I'd probably like the El Salvadoran. It comes from the same geographical region.

You like them gut busters Stoner? I'm an Americano (espresso and hot water) fan, but whether I'm drinking coffee or Americano's, I like it straight up black. No cream and sugar here. My wife on the other hand likes a little coffee with her cream.

GreatLakes THC :joint:

S

Stray

I can get a good depth charge (2 or 3 espresso shots topped w/coffee) for cheap money ($3.00) @ a couple of Bemidji MN coffee shops. I stopped brewing @ home because I was drinking just too much of the stuff.......

i hear you on that! going through the coffee 'bends' now! lol not even sure if i am addicted to the coffee itself or consuming it,but more the process of preparing and taking in the aroma first thing in the morning,just can't get enough of it and drink more to appease my nostrils desires....and with a packed jib of Chem DD?? IT'S ALL OVER :jump:

Yes_I_Am

ive never had proper coffee i always drink kenco, lol i suppose thats like telling a wine drinker you like blue nunn

i find i get a bit edgey when i hit it6 hard.dunno if i like the burnt taste of real coffee, but i do know its lush with a spliff.

oldhaole

Veteran
Coffee...Nectar of the Gods

Coffee...Nectar of the Gods

What's my liking?

Homegrown...Like my cannibis. I grow my own. It grows like a weed here.

It only takes five years for a tree to bear. The harvest should start in a couple of months. Right now they are full of green cherries. I started with 10 trees. Now I have 40.

My coffee is very low acid. I prefer a light roast, cream and sugar.

Attachments

• coffee third pick.jpg
    coffee third pick.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 29
  • coffee flower.jpg
    coffee flower.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 31
  • green coffee.jpg
    green coffee.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 33

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

right on!!!

back to brewing my own again.......

I use one of these traditional espresso makers made by Bialetti. The one pictured looks like 4 cup capacity, mine is a 6 cup unit. If you're not familiar with these just google them and buy one to try it out, you'll love it.

MokaPot2.jpg

moka-pot2.gif

very easy to use, fast, easy to service with parts available online. in the old days I used to have to make a trip to NYC's Little Italy to find parts for mine, once I moved to Minnesota I had to send my mom to the Bronx to get the parts needed.

This is all you'll ever need to replace,
$6-8.00 for the gasket/filter set.
58de1_stoves_spare_parts_41iII1DnAdL._SL160_.jpg

The secret is finding the right flavored bean (Starbucks House Blend medium roast is nice), grinding it to the proper size (a good coffee grinder is a must), and knowing how much to pack into the filter basket.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
anything strong with a shot of whiskey

buy a Bialetti bro, get the 4 cup model and make coffee so stout you'll cut it down 50/50 with water, or sip it straight espresso style with some Sambuca in it, very tasty for an evening treat.

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
I get my coffee from a guy who locally roasts his own beans.

Good stuff!

What's my liking?

It only takes five years for a tree to bear. The harvest should start in a couple of months. Right now they are full of green cherries. I started with 10 trees. Now I have 40.

There is a place on the Big Island called Merriman's it's near that big ranch. They were selling small batch Kona coffee for 50 bucks a pound.... My mouth dropped open. Great place to eat though.

Krull

Soul Feeder
Veteran
Very familiar with Bialetti down here in Italy Stoner :)
A leading brand for home espresso, nice choice mate.
Drinking this at the moment:

GAYO.jpg

great stuff :yes:

Cya!

=K

S

Scrappy-doo

I'm with OP in fact that's exactly what I'm drinking right now. I am very partial to Peet's coffee too it's superb.

Now Old Haole has the right idea. Grow your own fuck yeah! I wonder what kind of climate you need to grow a coffee plant..

S

SeaMaiden

Wow, none of you use a vacuum pot? We, well, I should say my husband uses a Bodum vacuum pot. I don't care for it, there's a trick to getting it right and I don't have it down. French press I can use, and I can use that metal pot Stoner posted above.
I'm a medium roast kinda guy. My favorites are Costa Rican and Guatemalan. I'd probably like the El Salvadoran. It comes from the same geographical region.

You like them gut busters Stoner? I'm an Americano (espresso and hot water) fan, but whether I'm drinking coffee or Americano's, I like it straight up black. No cream and sugar here. My wife on the other hand likes a little coffee with her cream.

GreatLakes THC
We roast our own green beans, and we've found that damn near anything from the Central American highlands is our preferred, we prefer a medium roast. Cafe con leche, yo prefero. Right now I think I'm sipping the Panamanian bellota.
What's my liking?

That's awesome, something we can't do (we're in the central Sierra Nevada, just too cool).

Latest posts

Latest posts