What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Exhale C02 Bags. An Honest Review

talktosamson

Veteran
Hello IC land. I wanted to throw up here some honest results from a product I have seen many times but finally tried during my last indoor grow. The Exhale C02 Bag. Its pretty much a clear plastic bag filled with mushroom compost or some sort of compost. It has vents in the top and is supposed to deliver a shower of c02 to a 4x4 area for 90 days. I have been an indoor grow for years and for whatever reason I have never tried any sort of c02, just seems to complicated/dangerous for my taste.

This is what my setup looks like
4x4 Secret Jarden Mylar Grow tent
XXL 8 inch Hood air cooled with 6" fan
1000 HPS Hortilux Bulb
6 15 gallon Pots full of FFOF

I run mostly the same hybrid strains with a few variations. My problem had always been quantity and not quality. Out of that tent I usually average 2- 2.5 ounces of decent nugs per plant with a fair amount of fluff on the bottoms. This run it was 2 Grandoggys, 2 Blue City Diesels, and 2 Jack Herrer.

This time around I did everything the same, the only variation was the C02 bag. I hung it with a clip from one of my tent rafters in the corner of the room near my clip on fan and it only took 2 short weeks to start seeing results. In the early stages of flowering my plants were all big and green, I noticed the leaves pointing drastically upward and short node spacing as well. The C02 did not effect flowering time at all but the quality and and quantity got much better. My 6 plants yielded over 20 ounces of rock hard nugs with very little fluff.

I think we can all agree there is a lot of snake oil/kool aid sold by shop owners around the country. We have all fallen for one or two at times in our growing careers. This product is totally not one of them and will be a part of my growing regiment for years to come. Its cheep, effective during both stages of growth and provided results the first time. In my bigger rooms I have put 3-4 bags and seen great results using them over a bigger area. Since C02 is heaver that 02 is falls down, just use some fans to spread it around.

Happy Harvests!!!

Last edited:

mack 10

Veteran
sounds good, seen these a while back. are they in the uk yet? as i'd defo try one,or 3. (used to run co2 tank's but getting them changed was hastle, both security and logistics wise)

supermanlives

Veteran
i tried those buckets once . what a joke. i got a real propane gen but cant run it in summer. might try them out . thanks how much?$$$$$$

Da_AntMan_303

I have a grow going in a basement closet that's 3'6" x 5'6" x 7'6" and one Exhale hanging in it and am happy with the results. I talked with the folks at my local hydro store about them and they had very good things to say about Exhale bags also.

talktosamson

Veteran
I have a grow going in a basement closet that's 3'6" x 5'6" x 7'6" and one Exhale hanging in it and am happy with the results. I talked with the folks at my local hydro store about them and they had very good things to say about Exhale bags also.

Great to hear someone else is using these things with some good results. I thought because I was in a sealed area with a pretty powerful exhaust fan and only passive intake that this might now work and all the C02 would get pulled out. Not true, works great!!!

supermanlives

Veteran
well co2 sinks. i have ran my exhaust up high and felt i got some benefit. i am gonna build a micro cab for a mom and want co2 to help her grow.

SneekyFarmer

Thank's for the review! I was wondering about the co2 boost bucket? But now from what supermanlives said I wont waste my money! But Im going to give the Exhale bag's a shot..

talktosamson

Veteran
well co2 sinks. i have ran my exhaust up high and felt i got some benefit. i am gonna build a micro cab for a mom and want co2 to help her grow.

I also have found keeping my exhaust up high helps out a lot. My hood is air cooled and I point the hood away from the corner with the bag hanging in it.

SS-

Gotta love that co2.Yield / overall plant health/growth speed goes up in every room I've ran where the temp was a bit too high

talktosamson

Veteran
Gotta love that co2.Yield / overall plant health/growth speed goes up in every room I've ran where the temp was a bit too high

Took about 2 weeks after I put the bag in my tent before I saw literally an explosion of growth,like you said bigger/better everything!

Cityboy420

I really like these exhale bags, I keep one in my 4x4 veg tent now. I've definetly noticed a difference. I know quite a few other people that use these too, I'd recommend these. Between a week or two I started seeing a difference. I'm glad to hear their working well for other's too.

Eol

Thanks for the review =)

Has anyone found a store that sells these and provides UK shipping?

Nonphixion

Honestly, when I read the thread title I thought this would be about breathing/hyperventilating into plastic shopping bags and emptying them in your grow room. Glad to see I was wrong, I may get some of these when I get everything dialed in.

Latest posts

Latest posts