What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Exhale C02 Bags. An Honest Review

supermanlives

Veteran
when i brewed beer i ran a line from the airlock to the back of oscillating fan. worked ok and with the airlock you could watch the bubbles so ya knew when to strat another batch . man was i drunk alot back then.co2 test kits are 13.95 for the needle and 2 tubes . 4.95 per tube or 10 for 39.95.

medicalmj

Veteran
What do you mean CO2 falls down? Is that why we have to jump to get a breath of air.

CO2 is denser than air. That is CO2 has a molecular weight of 44 grams/mole whereas air has a molecular weight of 29 grams per mole. So CO2 is about 30% "heavier" than air.

talktosamson

Veteran
Maybe he is right, maybe I am a fool who falls for every snake oil salesmen at the grow shop, I drink all the kool aid...or

picture.php

picture.php

Granger2

Veteran
Orig/F,
Wow, I was thinking about that just last night! You think the color would make a difference in the taste or aroma/flavor? Of the hamsters I mean. Good luck. -granger

medicalmj

Veteran
I also thought about fermentation as a source but unless you brew a lot just converting table sugar is not cost effective, if I did my math/chem right. The balanced equation:
C6H12O6 ==> 2C2H5OH + 2CO2
The glucose is 180 grams/mol and the carbon makes up 72 of the grams
And it goes to 2 moles ethanol and 2 mole carbon dioxide
==> .4/6 = .0667; .0667*2=.1333
For every kilogram of sugar you will produce .133 kilograms of carbon dioxide. At a cost of $6 per 4.53 kg that would cost you $6 for .6 of a kilogram of carbon dioxide. For the equivalent of a 20lb CO2 tank that would cost you about $200 bucks. But you'd also get a bunch of hooch.

Orig/F,
Wow, I was thinking about that just last night! You think the color would make a difference in the taste or aroma/flavor? Of the hamsters I mean. Good luck. -granger

i guess you must have been the last in line when god was handing out "sense of humor"

or did you just get up on the snarky side of the bed this morning?

Granger2

Veteran
Orig/F,
Totally kidding, bro. Relax. No snarkiness intended. Got up on the whacky humor side of the bed. -granger

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
Shit I'll give a couple a shot. I'll even get a decent ppm meter to verify co2 output.

My room is 8x8x10 sealed and soon to be ice boxed so there wont be any leaks.

I wonder if a proper test grow thread would help prove results?

Im almost finished with the final touches of the room so as its finished and cuts are ready I'll start on a control grow without the bags and aweigh up then using the same rdwn system same room same strain same nutes hang 4 bags and see what happens.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
I've always wondered if these things work. For $25 I think I can try it out and see what happens. Thanks for the reviews to those who have used it and commented on it.

-Funk

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
well really under a 1000w you could probably hit 35oz with a high yielder. so I don't know what this guy is yielding. maybe hes getting 10oz per 1k?lol

im not sure about these bags. they sound interesting. the only thing that would bother me is whether any pests could be hiding in the compost? along with that, im pretty sure decomposing material can give off some other gases too, which might not be too good for plants.

medicalmj

Veteran
Shit I'll give a couple a shot. I'll even get a decent ppm meter to verify co2 output.

My room is 8x8x10 sealed and soon to be ice boxed so there wont be any leaks.

I wonder if a proper test grow thread would help prove results?

Im almost finished with the final touches of the room so as its finished and cuts are ready I'll start on a control grow without the bags and aweigh up then using the same rdwn system same room same strain same nutes hang 4 bags and see what happens.

Why wait? My 2 cents is to simply determine if they increase CO2 and to what level. It is a scientific fact that CO2 increases growth. You don't need to reinvent that wheel. So if you can document increased CO2 to ideal levels you will have more yield than without. The problem with two grows one with the bags and one without is that their are simply too many variables to ascertain what was the cause of the change with certainty.

Granger2

Veteran
Just thinking...hmmm...is it possible that, like maybe, if your levels aren't very high that you wouldn't really be able to measure higher levels of CO2 because the plants will be using it as fast as they can get it? Good luck. -granger

moses wellfleet

Veteran
You can also vent the air from your bedroom through your grow space, a breathing human emits a huge amount of co2, and when you expand just get yourself a wife then you will have more than enough... If I stand next to the co2 sensor in my room it starts rising very quickly!

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you put some active bags in a truly sealed room and measured the ppm at start and after ten hours , you could estimate the g/hour of CO2 being produced with good accuracy.

I would expect a very low amount , the reason the manufacturer does not mention it.

medicalmj

Veteran
I just wrote a post with chemical equation and I accidentially erased it. Anyway typical fungus will contain about 3/4 carbon. So think about that. You can't make carbon out of O2, it MUST come from the fungus, every last gram. And the fungus isn't going to convert every gram of stored carbon into CO2 gas. Even if it did, the most you would get would be 3/4 the original weight of the bag. Do the math. It's a waste of money.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its only marketed to growers and through hydro shops , so it dos not actually need to work to be profitable for a while.

Would need a room full of these bags bigger than the flower room , to work as well as a basic co2 setup from tank.

Would spend the money on more lighting for a proven gain , few grows are maxed out on par at all levels.

Last time I borrowed an accurate meter , outdoor was 340 ppm , upstairs landing 500+ ppm with an occupied house , and around 1000 ppm everywhere running an Aga and woodburners in winter.

Extractor keeps neg pressure in the growroom and draws in air from house , don't know if it adds to growth but it keeps the house free of smells.