What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My personal 'Double-Secret Probation" TINCTURE Recipe

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
when i make my tinctures i dont strain out the leftover hash in the bottom of the glass, rather i just consume it along with the beverage. when i make mine i usually will use twice the amount of ethanol i need to completely dissolve in my active ingredients. then ill reduce the ethanol & decarboxylate the molecules by warming the mixture to around 180ish degrees fahrenheit. i do that for maybe 15 minutes and then the tincture is 100% effective. i usually cool it down and quaff it when the moment strikes.

Papulz

Veteran
for ethanol, its 10 parts alcohol to 1 part thc, so id imagine iso might be similar.

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
One of my first girlfriends REAL ONES had an autistic brother who used tinxture, damn he was funny to hang out with after that he couldnt talk but like if you said anything he would laugh for 100minutes straight

Papulz

Veteran
well... id imagine you could probably move all the way up to maybe 4 parts alcohol to 1 part herb, just thinking that the absolute highest content i would think the herb would start at might be 25%.. as such you may be able to use less solvent because there is less thc available per weight. however im not 100% positive. as the solvents ability to hold the chemical in solution might be changed by the presence of other mitigating factors.

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
...and rum is significantly different than everclear or 190 proof...

If you are on the edge of solubility, then some of that THC is going to drop out when you boil it, since you will be removing more alcohol than water, decreasing the % alcohol.

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
He said in the original post that he used 9g dried bud per fifth of Bacardi 151.

lala124

Per a fifth of a liter? Sorry Im not sure which measurement you are talking about. And with that ratio, how much would be needed do get pretty buzzed, but not trashed?

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
1/5 of a gallon, or 757 ml. He said he'd add a shot to a coke.

You've got to keep in mind, this isn't like a smoking buzz, this is an edible buzz, so it can be very very strong and long lasting. Only way to know what the right dose is for you is to try it. On a day you have absolutely nothing to do :biglaugh:

My first edibles were incredibly powerful, and lasted a good 12 hours solid. I had to use my panic button to find my car in the parking lot. 2 cookies before work was an unwise choice. :nono:

lala124

Haha, Im no stranger to eating/drinking bud. My first time eating, I made some Bhang. Note to self: Never ever eyeball when inexperienced as to weight of bud. I put in 3.5 grams instead of one gram and after it was finished, I downed it all in one chug. Whitied like no other.

lala124

Actually, I did it a good 6 or 7 years ago when I was 15. It was my sisters birthday and my dad was driving us around then all of the sudden I got so high I didnt know what to do. The had gone into a mobile phone store and I decided to go in after, I must have fallen down 4 times on the way there. I cant remember that much, as it was a bit of a blur, but dad said that EVERYONE was staring at me, and if a cop had been there, I woulda been ****ed. Then I remember puking outside his car and thinking oh itll be fine thats all. Thank **** they had a trashbag in there. I puked up sooooooo much. I cant believe my sister believed me when I told her it was food poisoning. Ever since then Ive been DAMN careful.

2ezy

The Bastard Brewer said:
Another easy recipe for quick effect/pain relief is

Nice dried bud /nice piece hash about a generous joints worth
a pint of milk
Mars bar
Optional
sugar/instant coffee/cinamon/hot chocolate

pour milk into pan and warm(DO NOT BOIL)
Add hash/bud and mars bar and stir until disolved
Add optional extras for taste.
Now drink
Great for late nights or cold days

Thanks for the recipe.

It would be even better if it actually worked! I used my standard 1/2 gm of bud (the standard serving for recipes per person). AND NOTHING!!!! I've made heaps of different consumables and this is the first one that didn't work at all. Great it works for you though, you either have very low tolerance or your willing to waste a gm plus(per person) to make this concotion work. I use crappy little popcorn buds and trim normally making cookies and get excellent results, this time I used the good frosty bud and was expecting even better. .

So I wasted 1/2 gram of one hit superskunk I could of vaped and got wasted a couple of times. on a good note it tasted ok:/

You really are a bastard brewer!

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
I think that is the downside to edibles, figuring out the proper dosage...

I've yet to catch a buzz off of any cannatreat I've eaten.

G

I ate a half gram of oil it was too damn much. The next day I tried it again....

Latest posts

Latest posts