What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Ultimate L.E.D Grow. 126w Penetrator - *New Technique

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Did I miss the revealing of this new technique? or are we still waiting to find out what it is?

MeanBean

I am leaving now to go get the last timer i need for the flower area. Still got odds and ends to do in the new setup Buuuut I am going to have to spill the beans on my "New Tecnique"..

These plants grew like crazy I thought I would have anouther week to veg before i had to finish the setup and move the plants to the flower area. Sooo, a bit later i will be taking lots of pics, then wighting a quick summary of the new op so I can explain how this new tech will work.. then the flower period starts tonight!!

brb

MeanBean

Some Pics to Explain the technique....

Some Pics to Explain the technique....

OK here’s an update, well the ladies are ready for flower, just got them in their new home today, the bottom area.. So what’s the new technique, well look at the pics first. IMAGINE those doors open to my big grow cab. Not going to go over the whole thing now but know it has really nice air flow. The bottom left area is the flower chamber.

Anyhow, I am basically running two 12 hour flour chambers with one light. The center wall and the skirting around the light make it possible to “light” seal off the 2 areas. the light skirting fits EXACTLY over 1 chamber, the pics show it in motion...
I have a light mover in there, but it’s hooked to a timer. I have it programmed so every 12 hours the light mover is on only long enough to get to the other side of the flower chamber, the other 2 plants…
The light itself stays on 24 hours. Get it yet? I will go over the cab in more detail sometime but for now just understand my method.

Here are some pics to describe the cab itself…

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And Now the Girls...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

MeanBean

p.s. these things are soooooo much stemmeyer/lankeyer than the dutch passion oasis I was growing. Next time around I am doing Oasis by seed again, but I am planting a white widow mother plant soon. I am only using one penatator for this test but once this is over I will put both my penetrators together sideways, and transfer that from side to side. that's like each plant flowering with it's own penetrator!!!!

Really Hard to take shots of this strange growing strain, Better pics next time, Or when I get some buds going!

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Obviously you need to have twice the area to do this, but if you do it's pretty slick!

Thanks for sharing your idea with us meanbean.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cool idea MB - if you manage to do this without getting any light leaks from one side to the other i will be impressed!

one question though - when are you going to be able to open the cab to work on the plants etc? if one side is in the dark at any one time how do you stop the light getting in the dark side when you open the door???

cheers

V.

MeanBean

Thanks blynx, red !

Well plants don't need complete darkness. Just think on some of those nights the moon is out, it's really bright!! The camera is also trying to "Add light" to even the photos out too I think.

I figured Once there in the flower area they really don't need to be worked on for more than a few mins. The small amount of refection when the door is open shouldent bother but I guess we'll see. maybe I'll need to shut her down for a min and pop on some green led's

This is my prototype, I know I coulda got those "light" skirtings" tighter but I didnt feel like going to buy longer brackets at the time. may swap em out if I need. thing is I plan on building a new light holder so I can have both penetrators on thier!!

when I open the veg area I can look down a hole in the floor and see whats going on in the flower area when the dooor is shut. looks damn dark on the non flowering side....

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hmmm, i think that might lead to problems MB. some strains are very sensitive to light leaks and irregularity - but i will be very happy to be proved wrong :)

good luck mate

VG.

MeanBean

Thanks V. Well maybe I will go buy those longer brackets today to make the light skirt even with the divider wall, beyond that it is sealed brother, I am not worried about it but that is the touchyiest part of the system for sure.

I have a few more tricks up my sleeve if I need to seal the light better!! think of fabric on a track attached to each side of the light and then the wall it faces.

I will go get those longer brackets today.. See how I just backed the each factory screw out one at a time and attached the bracket right there, So simple!

Bean, nice work I like the DIY stuff you got going on. But why not just use your light mover and run 12hrs on for the whole cab and have the light mover go back and forth every 3 mins or what ever it takes? Is this just to save money on another light running? I agree with VG on sensitivity, lost 20 plants due to the red light on the AC not being covered (expensive lesson).

best of luck on your grow

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cool MB - im sure there are quite a few ways you can help the lightproofing - just keep in mind what could happen if something gets stuck when the lightmover is doing it's thing ;) try and make that as unlikely as possible.

as for both cabs having the same door, perhaps you can try and get in there during the changeover periods where a few minutes shouldnt make so much difference - having said that you still need to give yourself time to look over the plants properly - especially as the strain is from seed and new to you.

this should be interesting :)

V.

bloyd

Veteran
You have me baffled on how you are going to keep one side completely dark but you sound pretty confident so I will watch with interest. One question wouldn't it been nearly as cheap just to buy two led lights rather than the mover unless you already had it? Good luck with the new technique. If you are finding it doesn't work I would think running an led on a mover over a scrog table the size of the mover would be a very effficient way of growing, I have been wanting to try a mover setup over long area of mod scrogs, I see potential there.

MeanBean

well that light mover was 100 bucks. check ebay. When you run a light mover the way its intended you can cover more area but thats it, you just thin out the coverage. This way the light is working 24 hrs a day into the plants not 12 hrs. Thats double in my book.

Thanks for the insight though, guess were going to see what happens. If I cant get it to work I would just put my 2 penetrators on the mover and run it on the 12 hrs standard with no divider wall..

And I am going to be moving 2 lights eventually so now were into like 1000 bucks to have them for both sides. PLus I have my eye on on one of those 345 watters!!. I am just trying to get the most outta my LED lights man!

MeanBean

Tweaked the divider wall and made a way tighter and lower light skirt today, much better! Still got to get a lil more 3m foam seal to finish it up, then I'll post some pics. I also got the mother of these clones flowering and shes showing some pistils now. I'll post up when I am done tweaking the light skirt.

I am pumped, this is gonna work! I already have a few more ideas on how to totally seal it up but I am going to give this setup a go. I think with just a bit more 3m sealer tape I can seal it up good enough getto style. after this grow I am sure I will know exactly what I want to do to make the seal with the 2 penetrators. when I set that up I will use some better materials, that will be the permanent layout for awhile!

one Q

Quality
Veteran
that's brilliant but could use some tweeking so that you can get in and out of each side and not effect the dark cycle.

but a fkn A+ on Brainiacness

jawasan

Black felt fabric will help when making those skirts, kinda like the way they made skirts around old timey photography setups to keep light out. It won't bind up and when the light moves to other area the felt will really help out with blockage. Just a thought. Really cool idea you put into action! I like it.:tiphat:
Jawasan

Latest posts

Latest posts