What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Opiated Weed: Is There any Truth in it?

Emil Muzz

Does anyone have hard evidence for this?

To start, I can't understand why a farmer in S.E Asia would dip his flowers in water in a tropical climate and risk mould ruining his crop. Also i believe even if there were opiates in the water it would dry to only a thin layer upon the surface of the plant matter contributing very little to the high.

For those who don't know, poppy seed pod latex is dissolved in water in order to separate plant matter from the opioids. Opioids are soluble in water which means the water can be strained and the plant matter separated. The opioids are recovered via an acid base reaction which causes them to precipitate and form as a solid which can be filtered from the water.

Overall, i think it is just peculiarly potent cannabis rather than it being adulterated with opiates.

Please post your thoughts and opinions this matter and any references to opiated cannabis in scientific journals.

With thanks, Emil

F. Dupp

Veteran
If they were "lacing" weed with opiates, Im sure you would be paying for it.

I have heard many times that Ecstacy is cut with heroin. Now why would you use a much more expensive drug as cut unless you were retarded?

S

spiritual g

opium and ganja are sometimes grown side by side in some regions over afghanistan ,kashmir and pakistan as medicine.they make a potent mix of fine hashish and opium as a medicine for common cold

Emil Muzz

F. Dupp, i agree with you.

spiritual g, thanks for the information, i didn't know that, and i am glad to have learned that.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the best hash in afghanistan sells for top $$$, production of opiated hash is commonplace there to increase the high & therefore garnering top $$$. I saw this myself in a show on afghani hash makers, watched them beat the kief off of massive quantities of buds and them adding opium into it.

Snagglepuss

even
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have an older friend who was born and raised native Guamanian.He always tells us the story of in his youth.They used to get thai sticks ,dipped in opium.This was late 70's early 80's..Ive never seen them though....take it with a grain of salt

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
...^^^ must of been what smacked the hell out of me, i only took a couple puffs and was incapacitated, they had to lead me out of the building!...damn that was high.

Emil Muzz

Stoner4Life, where did you see this, i have read that it is very difficult to mix opium gum and hash due to the fact opium is much harder at room temperature than hash?

Also opium requires a much higher ignition temperature to burn than hash: it needs a constant direct flame in order to create smoke.

F. Dupp

Veteran
Its an interesting subject. I have to admit that there have been a couple times in my life when smoking weed has caused me to hallucinate, and or given my the bedspins, caused me to puke, etc. So who knows what youre getting really? Its what makes the black market so exciting.

vta

Veteran
They used to get thai sticks ,dipped in opium.This was late 70's early 80's..

We were getting these for a while, back in High School. We had a blast...real knock your dick in the dirt grass. Around 84-85 it vanished.

F. Dupp

Veteran
I suppose you are consuming equal, if not worse things from the free market. Im sure McDonalds isnt going to change any product names to the McLips'nAssholes sandwich anytime soon, even though thats really whats in it.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Stoner4Life, where did you see this, i have read that it is very difficult to mix opium gum and hash due to the fact opium is much harder at room temperature than hash?

Also opium requires a much higher ignition temperature to burn than hash: it needs a constant direct flame in order to create smoke.

at a friends apartment in the Bronx, he had a bunch of obscure weed related videos on his hard drive.

it's very little opium amongst a lot of hash so the burning hash will keep the opium lit, hell, you gotta keep lighting hash as well.......

it depends when you mix the opium as well. the fresher it is, the runnier it is. when you first "milk" the pods, the opium that comes out is white and liquidy, just like milk. the longer it sits out and absorbs air, the more it coagulates. if you mixed the opium when its still a tad "young" and then sealed the hash, it will burn just fine.

if you do that water soaking method, and do not scratch the poppy pods, its perfectly legal to grow and use them to make poppy teas. the minute you scratch that pod and milk comes out, thats when she becomes illegal. you can order dried poppy pods on the net that you can make tea with and feel nice

Zero the Hero

It makes no sense imho_Opium is not burning,like Hash,its boiling.I guess you would have some problems to smoke it with Hash.Beside that,you would notice that it is a totally different Drug.It is not just stronger than Hash,it has a very different feeling.
Sadly i know that because i was a long Time user of Opiates (clean since 10 years).
My english is not so good,sorry for that:)

W

wilbur

in 1974 we were able to buy opiated hash. very nice too!

and a recent rather odd item on our ABC showed a journalist talking about afghani opium funding the taliban ... but she was standing in front of a monster crop of cannabis. wot was she trying to tell us that she can't say, I wondered?

S

SeaMaiden

I have an older friend who was born and raised native Guamanian.He always tells us the story of in his youth.They used to get thai sticks ,dipped in opium.This was late 70's early 80's..Ive never seen them though....take it with a grain of salt
You should, I grew up in California during the same time being exposed to the same Thia sticks. With their wispy little buds tied to a stick with red thread, right? Thing was, that shit didn't need to be opiated, but us consumers back then were too ignorant to know it. Now all these people look back fondly on Thai sticks, and I'm one of them, but hardly any realize that it was just a really good Thai sativa they were smoking, that made their head trip so hard.

I never saw opiated hash, just what was called Lebanese hash, but it wasn't blonde. We would stick it on a pin stuck through a paper plate and light that, put a glass over it to capture the smoke.

That's not Afghani opium, that's American opium being grown in Afghanistan.

Snagglepuss

even
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got to smoke it once..The real thing,not the fake oily stuff people peddle at concerts or festivals.It was the Grateful Dead in 1987 in Philadelphia.Parking lot.It was soft and maleable ,and burned slowly ,similar to hash..Smell just like flowers,,very similar to dove or dial soap..was heavenly to say the least

fabvariousk

Veteran
my friends cousins caseworker knew someone who smoked it:)

for seriousness I had some black Moroccan hash in Amsterdam that had been laced with pcp and that totally sucked. I would imagine opium is kinder.

Latest posts

Latest posts