What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bitcoin Talk

Chappi

They are hilarious bro! What’s also hilarious is ETH is now 375$!!!

I think we close the week above 400 though...hopefully haha

EasyGoing

I’m bearish on coinbase. Robinhood has no fee to trade the same coins, why pay coinbase?
If you leave your money on exchanges, coinbase will insure that money. Also, soon coinbase will be the Nasdaq of the crypto world. I even hear rumors that Nasdaq will buy up Coinbase.

They are hilarious bro! What’s also hilarious is ETH is now 375$!!!

I think we close the week above 400 though...hopefully haha

The buy zone isn't quite there with ETH yet. I would wait for the .0440-.05250.:tiphat:

Beyond that, I told you guys Eth was dying. Eth was lock step with BTC around 10% of BTC's value. Right now it stands at 5.5% of BTC. I don't see it making up that entire loss in value against BTC. IMO.
With that said, it does look like we are entering a good buy zone with ETH. It's way oversold right now.

Last edited:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Every major drop, I have been locked out of my account for one reason or another. The latest binance update doesn't work for me. And there's no option to reinstall the version that does.
I hate customer service depts that don't speak English. They don't answer what is asked of them, but the nearest question that's pretranslated for them. It makes it impossible to resolve any issues. I need somewhere new. English speaking, but not based in the uk, or anywhere dodgey.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hmmm, must admit, I'm glad you talked me into ditching etherium. I'm 3 ways split between Zil, Btc and neo.

EasyGoing

Well, I rode Tron for a while, now I am back in tether. Today is the test net release, and the price has dropped. Remember in crypto, Buy the hype, sell the news.

Which is why I might try to sell my clearcoin the second it hits the market today. I will have my eye on the price movement, but I feel like with BTC dipping this hard Clearcoin is going to have some problems.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
This is impossible. There are no balance sheets to examine, no P&L accounts, no history of trading, no profits even in most cases. The only movement in prices is from a follow the leader attitude. I say it again, this is not investing, it's gambling, and you have no control over the outcome, it's not even like poker or roulette. I'm getting sick of it. When insider trading is rife, there are no rules or regulations, and the exchanges are run by people with no previous experience of running a car wash, never mind multibillion dollar companies, I'm dissapointed in myself for getting so obsessed with this shell game. I'm pulling back from all this bullshit, I need something that can be examined, and none of these things offer real world value at all.

R

Rubber Chicken

This is impossible. There are no balance sheets to examine, no P&L accounts, no history of trading, no profits even in most cases. The only movement in prices is from a follow the leader attitude. I say it again, this is not investing, it's gambling, and you have no control over the outcome, it's not even like poker or roulette. I'm getting sick of it. When insider trading is rife, there are no rules or regulations, and the exchanges are run by people with no previous experience of running a car wash, never mind multibillion dollar companies, I'm dissapointed in myself for getting so obsessed with this shell game. I'm pulling back from all this bullshit, I need something that can be examined, and none of these things offer real world value at all.

I got bored of trying to do little trades after about a month.

If you are looking for an investment though, Skycoin is the one that gives me a buzz in the plums.

There are some that are backed by actual products (Skycoin for an example).... and apparently there are more to come.

I get the feeling that Ethereum and all of it's Dapps will just die off.

R

Rubber Chicken

Did anyone notice on the CMC page it now has a picture of a Lamborghini and in the price column where you chose USD, BTC, LTC etc. it now has 'LAMBO' :biglaugh:

Last edited:

EasyGoing

I feel the exact opposite. I feel like money is too easy in the crypto game, and if you invest in the long term there is little chance to not make your gains back. Lots of weak hands when the market is this low, but I have faith in the tech. Just watch watch Tron does in 2018.

Lots of real world value in the blockchain, it will change the world. Study up if you don't see it, because blockchain is changing the world. Right now we are at the point where everybody is poo pooing crypto, and being regulated. Once the regulations are in place, this thing will take off.

Need an example? Facebook, Google and Twitter have all banned crypto adds. A leak shows they are all working on their own blockchain. Don't listen to the people saying it's a scam, the biggest companies in the world don't develop their own tech if it's a scam.

Don't forget peeps, we are super early in this tech. It could go to zero tomorrow, but it could also be the biggest thing since agriculture. The real worth of bitcoin and blockchain comes to the goat farmer in the middle of nowhere. Before, they wouldn't even be able to open a bank account due to the fees being more than they make in a year. With currency like Tron, with super low fees, that same goat farmer can buy and sell on a world wide market never before available. No banks, just peer to peer money transfers. That alone will change the world.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
The tech is like the introduction of the automobile. Yes I accept the tech is the future, but picking an early version and buying not shares in the manufacturer but spare parts for a particular model and hoping to sell them at a profit later on, is hopeful to say the least. If your talking tech though, surely zil with its zero fees and neo with its Chinese govt connection and the banning of new competion being released there, have the best chance of expansion