Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Infirmary > Powdery fucking mildew?

Thread Title Search
Powdery fucking mildew? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-20-2010, 06:52 AM #1
calverde

calverde is on a distinguished road
Powdery fucking mildew?

I'm 3 1/2 weeks into flowering and just noticed the dreaded dust. Looked through a 30x scope and it appeared as white hairy stuff that resembled insulation, I guess its PFM. To the eye, it looks like white dust on the top of the leaves only. It's only on a very small portion of my crop. My RH is low...20-35% and temps at 78-83 F. I think I was crowded out and had low air flow when the light is off....only one fan on low.

What do I do to get rid of the shit when I'm this deep into flowering?

I've increased the air flow, rotated the crop, and spaced to help them breath better. Do you think the IPM will cure it?

Thanks for any ideas.
calverde is offline Quote

Old 07-20-2010, 09:06 AM #2
twiztidbudsmoke
Bush Killer

twiztidbudsmoke will become famous soon enoughtwiztidbudsmoke will become famous soon enough
Yes wait and see if you dried it out and killed it, but if it spreads even a little I would hit it with neem oil asap, just avoid the buds when spraying. Figure out where its coming from, bleach and lysol can be your best friend in cleaning your room and ridding yourself of the spores

Old 07-20-2010, 06:30 PM #3
Mr. Greengenes
Re-incarnated Senior Member

Mr. Greengenes is a name known to allMr. Greengenes is a name known to allMr. Greengenes is a name known to allMr. Greengenes is a name known to allMr. Greengenes is a name known to allMr. Greengenes is a name known to allMr. Greengenes is a name known to allMr. Greengenes is a name known to allMr. Greengenes is a name known to allMr. Greengenes is a name known to allMr. Greengenes is a name known to all
Sounds like you did most of the right stuff to treat PM already. Also, pruning off the affected leaves will help prevent spreading.

Old 07-20-2010, 06:42 PM #4
redspaghetti
love machine

redspaghetti has much to be proud ofredspaghetti has much to be proud ofredspaghetti has much to be proud ofredspaghetti has much to be proud ofredspaghetti has much to be proud ofredspaghetti has much to be proud ofredspaghetti has much to be proud ofredspaghetti has much to be proud ofredspaghetti has much to be proud ofredspaghetti has much to be proud ofredspaghetti has much to be proud of
dutch master zone at 10 ml per gal mix with dutch master penetrator or saturator at 60 ml per gal/
dips and spray, add a few drop of soaps

too late to use mildewcure and other stuff since you 3 weeks in flower .. . . you can try to control them with milk or h202 but i dont think you can wipe them all out,,

Eagle 20 when you start your next run, spray em good and never worry bout mildew again

cheers,
red.
redspaghetti is offline Quote

Old 07-20-2010, 07:05 PM #5
montanaorganics

montanaorganics will become famous soon enough
Forget about neem oil, zone, eagle whatever. These are temporary controls. Best thing I have found in these regards is earthjuice ph up, mix it till u have a ph of 8 to 9, add some saturator and spray everything twice.
Your humidity level is optimal for PM so you could raise humidity.

But nothing works like a sulfur burner. Get one now, run it 2 hours 3 times before week 6 EVERYWHERE you need to. This is the only viable solution I have found. I sprayed countless gallons to have it come back in week 6 or 7 on the buds and ruin a harvest. Go get a sulfur vaporizer.
montanaorganics is offline Quote

Old 07-20-2010, 07:06 PM #6
Tr33

Quote:
Originally Posted by redspaghetti View Post
dutch master zone at 10 ml per gal mix with dutch master penetrator or saturator at 60 ml per gal/
dips and spray, add a few drop of soaps

too late to use mildewcure and other stuff since you 3 weeks in flower .. . . you can try to control them with milk or h202 but i dont think you can wipe them all out,,

Eagle 20 when you start your next run, spray em good and never worry bout mildew again

cheers,
red.

Just be careful with this stuff, it will fry your plants, and kill the PM forever.

Old 07-21-2010, 03:06 AM #7
calverde

calverde is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the responses! It is really awesome that you guys help out. I hope I can repay the favor some time with my knowledge.

By the way, I did cut out most of it as well. I'll cut the rest out tonight. It amounts to about a 8-10 fan leaves on two plants in a crop of 11 plants that are about 4 feet tall. But I still fucking hate that shit!

I'll look into all your suggestions but for now, my grow store had Mildew Cure so I picked it up. Is there a reason I should be concerned because of flowering? It's just oil, right? It's Cottonseed oil 30%, Corn oil 30%, and Garlic oil 23%+ inert. Sounds like something I'd put on corn on the cob! I'll have plenty of time to flush that shit out anyway....is what I was thinking. I'm guessing I've got 3-4 weeks left in flowering. However, it is a fungicide so I'm going to have to do a little more research before I nuke em.

Has anyone tried it? Has it worked for you?
calverde is offline Quote

Old 07-21-2010, 03:32 AM #8
Kcar
There are FOUR lights!

Kcar is a splendid one to beholdKcar is a splendid one to beholdKcar is a splendid one to beholdKcar is a splendid one to beholdKcar is a splendid one to beholdKcar is a splendid one to beholdKcar is a splendid one to beholdKcar is a splendid one to beholdKcar is a splendid one to beholdKcar is a splendid one to beholdKcar is a splendid one to behold
I really like GreenCure during flowering. Just don't spray the buds as it will burn the pistils.

Old 07-21-2010, 03:50 AM #9
bigbuds420

bigbuds420 is on a distinguished road
If you burn sulfur burner, only run when light are off. I usually do right before i flip to 12/12. If you burn sulfur while flowering, it will stay on flower= no good. Dont burn during bloom!
bigbuds420 is offline Quote

Old 07-22-2010, 08:22 AM #10
Han Grolo

Han Grolo has a spectacular aura aboutHan Grolo has a spectacular aura aboutHan Grolo has a spectacular aura aboutHan Grolo has a spectacular aura aboutHan Grolo has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanaorganics View Post
Best thing I have found in these regards is earthjuice ph up, mix it till u have a ph of 8 to 9, add some saturator and spray everything twice.
Ive noticed spraying earth juice PH'ed up water to work as good as zone/penetrator. Never thought of mixing the saturator with the water. That's a good tip.
Han Grolo is offline Quote