What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
The thing I didn't like about the NH was just what is being described by Wal and PP. It was almost too strong, at least for my tastes. There was no subtlety to the high whatsoever...which is not a bad thing sometimes...set and setting have a lot to do with it...but not really a mind expanding type of deal...at least for me. After several weeks of smoking NH daily, I found that the thoughts floating through my head weren't good. Lots of peeking out of the blinds type of paranoia. Might work for some people, but I think I overdid it, lol

NH did have it's place, but for an everyday smoke...it wasn't my thing. I prefer hybrids like this Special K haze for everyday smoke...the Bubba in the Special K tampers down the haze a bit and makes it a warm, happy high...with enough energy to get you off the couch and into something productive. The comedown is pretty smooth too. I like it for pre-surf sessions.
ErfuNcWl.jpg

HB.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Do you guys honestly think real Haze is clear and a calm experience.

So why did they call the line HAZE and why did the line get the title of the strongest cannabis on the planet ?.

So maybe Sam Tom Nevil Shanti Me and many more have it all wrong.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Did shanti say that was hazeC or someone else....nevil was showed it an said maybe...nevils haze had double serations...tods does. alot of the 90's haze did...obviously you could find odd phenos that didnt....I like to look at little things in the plants....an question why those little things happen....could be a certain male or female sam has used thats causing that...could be other selections people have done...I have tried later seedsman haze an it does behave different ...even has the sandalwood tones that most haze dont but nevils lines....anyway I don't mean it disresppectfuly...its good to look at things an question things...it can help you work out why things are happening ...an give you clues in wat direction to go in further generations.

By the way mac beautiful smcg....looks very haze like.

That picture was taken by Kaskari from Shantis room that is the only pic of the real Haze C i have ever seen posted.

TheDarkStorm

If something is too stong for you use less....ive had some stuff from nevils work wer you could only put afew strands in the joint (sory I smoke joints with tobaco) because it was too overpowering...but then the high would last ages an so would the bud...maybe its my understanding..but I never really understood people who said the bud was too strong an they needed something mellower...the whole point I allways thought was to find the bud that would give you the most powerful effect an then tailor the dose to suit oneself.
Aso you can outcross it to milder sativas if you want.

TheDarkStorm

That picture was taken by Kaskari from Shantis room that is the only pic of the real Haze C i have ever seen posted.

I rember wen kash he first posted that hempy...he addmited he was just told by shanti it was a old haze cut...so kash said he himself assumed it was hazeC...an its stuck ever since...could be tho il agree on that

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Kaskari was a close friend of shantis stayed at his home when visiting as he lived in a neighbouring country Kas knew what Haze it was guy was a wealth of information knew the Dutch seen and the history to.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Do you guys honestly think real Haze is clear and a calm experience.

So why did they call the line HAZE and why did the line get the title of the strongest cannabis on the planet ?.

So maybe Sam Tom Nevil Shanti Me and many more have it all wrong.
geez hempy

you have not even tried pure haze , so what would you know ??

i have read what sam wrote about his experience with haze , he said her prefers clear highs like that , you ask him if you want , you dont have to take my word for it ,
cannabis can be clear and strong , ive experienced it ,
"like sitting in the hand of a gentle giant" if i recall him saying ..
while with the same stuff his friend would fall off his chair ...

some of us are of the mind that introducing indica spoils that in some sativas , my opinion is adding northen lights has done that with nevils haze ,
otherwise it would be strong and clear ...

so in answer to your question , yes i believe its clear and calm ,
similar to the laos i was describing in my last post ,
those are the good sativas imho .. and the high is not ruined with any cloudy indica blood ...

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
I need to find a place where I can grow haze outside.. Im too far north, its driving me nuts.. Who needs a young healthy slave. I'm 6'2 180lb white, quiet, calm, introverted, dont do drugs, and not a psycho. Wont plow your wife, husband, or child.

bigherb

Veteran
One of several Quotes below from Sams about the Effects of Original Haze

I also have yet to find any Cannabis that had a more Cerebral, Clear, Up, Psychdelic high with no celing that got you higher every time you took a toke. Nevils did not, for me anyway.
People have many different preferences I also have mine. RCC agrees with me if that matters. I did not see OHaze until the very early 70's I did see both G's and RL's my wife manicured for G and he was the first OHaze Bro, we were close back in the day, and his was the best.

1luvbigherb

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
geez hempy

you have not even tried pure haze , so what would you know ??

i have read what sam wrote about his experience with haze , he said her prefers clear highs like that , you ask him if you want , you dont have to take my word for it ,
cannabis can be clear and strong , ive experienced it ,
"like sitting in the hand of a gentle giant" if i recall him saying ..
while with the same stuff his friend would fall off his chair ...

some of us are of the mind that introducing indica spoils that in some sativas , my opinion is adding northen lights has done that with nevils haze ,
otherwise it would be strong and clear ...

so in answer to your question , yes i believe its clear and calm ,
similar to the laos i was describing in my last post ,
those are the good sativas imho .. and the high is not ruined with any cloudy indica blood ...

Any one that calls Haze a social experience is not smoking haze in its true form.

Why am i getting the feeling of a new hatchet job on Nevil's work again seams to be a consistent project with some of you.

You claim Haze has social clear high what a joke just admit it you have not yet selected or found a true representation of haze then i may believe what your posting Donald.

Go tell Tom Haze has a social high i dare you.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
If something is too stong for you use less....ive had some stuff from nevils work wer you could only put afew strands in the joint (sory I smoke joints with tobaco) because it was too overpowering...but then the high would last ages an so would the bud...maybe its my understanding..but I never really understood people who said the bud was too strong an they needed something mellower...the whole point I allways thought was to find the bud that would give you the most powerful effect an then tailor the dose to suit oneself.
Aso you can outcross it to milder sativas if you want.

Wow. Tell me what I should smoke and how I should smoke it...because what you say is "the whole point" in smoking weed. Gimme a break. I've been smoking weed since I was 9 years old, DS. I don't need any lessons from you, thanks.

I never understood people who would put tobacco in their joints, but I would never question/criticize your choice...if that's what you're into.

Sheesh...it's like you'd better not express an opinion that varies from the herd or you'll be called out for smoking weed the wrong way, lol.

HB.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Any one that calls Haze a social experience is not smoking haze in its true form.

Why am i getting the feeling of a new hatchet job on Nevil's work again seams to be a consistent project with some of you.

Haze has social clear high what a joke just admit it you have not yet selected or found a true representation of haze then i may believe what your posting Donald.

Tom's haze didn't have NL in it. I'm not saying NH isn't good herb or that Nevil doesn't deserve our respect for all the work he did. NH is great herb and I'm sure 99% of smokers are happy that Nevil did what he did.

It's just that, for MYSELF, it's not what I would consider an everyday/all day smoke, hempy. I don't understand why you have to get so twisted over someone having a different experience than you do.

HB.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
No you guys are saying Haze is a social smoke calm clean high that maybe be true in the weak plants but in the 1% to 3% of the plants most haze heads seek you get the true essence of what haze is all about.

2 Types of Highs
One is what i call a Thai type very acid like high tripy it builds and builds and like a trip it peeks backs off and comes at you again and again and just when you think its over it comes at you even harder best way to describe it is a roller coaster ride.

The second is what i call the Colombian very intense strong high with a small touch of stone this high hits like a hammer and then backs off a little any old school Colombian lover would love this.

Haze is not a social high you don't smoke Haze and sit at a dinner party or go to church or visit your girl friends family for the first time or any time.

A good Haze for me is as close to acid as it gets in Cannabis.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran

You claim Haze has social clear high what a joke just admit it you have not yet selected or found a true representation of haze then i may believe what your posting Donald.

man read what sam said posted by big herb ,
dont get antsy with me just because you dont know what your talking about ,
nevil is also no expert on pure haze since his experience smoking it is very limited ,
i dont know how you can lump yourself into a sentence with guys that have some experience with something when you have none,
get off that high horse of yours hempy and head on back down here with us mortals and stop talking shit ....

dare me pssst ,, go away man ...

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
No you guys are saying Haze is a social smoke calm clean high that maybe be true in the weak plants but in the 1% to 3% of the plants most haze heads seek you get the true essence of what haze is all about.

2 Types of Highs
One is what i call a Thai type very acid like high tripy it builds and builds and like a trip it peeks backs off and comes at you again and again and just when you think its over it comes at you even harder best way to describe it is a roller coaster ride.

The second is what i call the Colombian very intense strong high with a small touch of stone this high hits like a hammer and then backs off a little any old school Colombian lover would love this.

Haze is not a social high you don't smoke Haze and sit at a dinner party or go to church or visit your girl friends family for the first time or any time.

mr expert that hasnt even smoked the stuff and is judging by hybrids he has smoked ,
cut the crap man ,, try talking about something you know something about ,, like drilling holes in buckets or something of that nature because you are completely outclassed here my friend..

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
man read what sam said posted by big herb ,
dont get antsy with me just because you dont know what your talking about ,
nevil is also no expert on pure haze since his experience smoking it is very limited ,
i dont know how you can lump yourself into a sentence with guys that have some experience with something when you have none,
get off that high horse of yours hempy and head on back down here with us mortals and stop talking shit ....

dare me pssst ,, go away man ...

This coming from a guy the grew web and noidfuel okay Donald i would of thought you more an expert on NL than Haze.

I have spent 20 years growing Haze Donald and over 20 more on pure sativas one would think i kinda have an understanding of what good sativas are.

Again i dare you to go post and tell Tom Haze is a social smoke ;).

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran

2 Types of Highs

I would smoke NH at my friend's home poker games sometimes. It was great for throwing other people off their game. I knew what I was in for, so I'd take a small hit and pass the joint. Won a lot of pots that way, actually.

Like I said before "set and setting" are important.

HB.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
I originally came here because I wanted to post this link...I really don't like arguing about weed and think it's a waste of time, so...

The authors of "Thai Stick: Surfers, Scammers and the Untold Story of the Marijuana Trade” were on a podcast recently...it's a good listen if you have the time. I've recommended their book since I first read it years ago. As a life-long surfer/waterman/cannabis grower/smoker...I can dig it.

[youtubeif]cOa20IYE5Nw[/youtubeif]

HB.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
This coming from a guy the grew web and noidfuel okay Donald i would of thought you more an expert on NL than Haze.

I have spent 20 years growing Haze Donald and over 20 more on pure sativas one would think i kinda have an understanding of what good sativas are.

Again i dare you to go post and tell Tom Haze is a social smoke ;).
really ,, well u guessed wrong ,
see where i live and grow we have 2 seasons ,,

one is more for hybrids , the other for longer season plants like hazes , im pretty sure you are versed with my pictures though so im not telling you anything new , you are just being ignorant as you often are ,
and you still insist you are an expert on a variety you have never grown or toked ,, amazing person you are hempy ..

heres a glimpse of some of the more recent things i did , just a tiny window ,, im happy to see your ohh my goodness , same pics we have seen a million times of a few thai plants or haze hybrids ,,

get a life buddy ,,, others of us here are doing stuff and have forgotten more t hen you have ever known ..

a few sativas taking shape in one of the many patches we tended,, sorry on the picture quality .

picture.php

a sprawling zamal ,
yea i grow sativas man ,,

picture.php

some laos , yep another sativa ,
you know that supposed moldy weed you accused me of .
picture.php

ohh look a colombian cross , no not nevils or sams , we made this one ..

picture.php

as i said you have no idea what your on about man

you remind me of trump actually , a half witted fool of a man that is so narcissistic he has no darn that others even exist let alone practially piss on you from afar with variety of cannabis totally unmatched by yourself ,
you cant even compete man , just give up and try and be a bit more humble as you darn well should ,
your grows are pathetic in comparison to many on this board and you need to get a grip on reality ...

stop insisting i belittle you please ,, as i have lots more ammunition yet ...

Latest posts

Latest posts