Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > Curious why mainline growing isn't more popular ?

Thread Title Search
Curious why mainline growing isn't more popular ? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-29-2017, 08:01 AM #51
OG Expressions
Banned

OG Expressions has a spectacular aura aboutOG Expressions has a spectacular aura aboutOG Expressions has a spectacular aura aboutOG Expressions has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raho View Post

I have been hearing this "mainlining" crap for a few years, never knew what it was, but always knew it would be some stupid name for a practice that has been around since man first intentionally cultivated this plant, evangelized by some egotistical blowhard trying to make a name for himself.

"Nugbucket" huh?
What a tool.
That would be subcool of TGA for ya... you summed it up in a nice fashion for those who had a issue with the way i put it. Someone applying a stupid unrelated name to something called pruning... its beyond stupid but some of these TGA lovers and other nutballls cant help but deffend it like its a real term... its selective pruning yippy
OG Expressions is offline Quote

Old 08-29-2017, 08:33 AM #52
stewart169

stewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Expressions View Post
That would be subcool of TGA for ya... you summed it up in a nice fashion for those who had a issue with the way i put it. Someone applying a stupid unrelated name to something called pruning... its beyond stupid but some of these TGA lovers and other nutballls cant help but deffend it like its a real term... its selective pruning yippy
And the mental case is back. Dude you have almost 200 posts in less than one month. Other than the frothy mouth rants here I suspect many of them are on the same level of sanity.

I really dont care how fucked up you are in the head but all I was interested in when I started this thread was the technical side or the method and success or failure from those who have done it.

Your a nut job who is focused on someone who evidently did this before and I admit I never heard of it except via grow weed easy and the grower named nugbuckets. Never interacted with anyone involved since I have only been growing a couple years on a small personal scale.
People like you sadly dont understand that the more you rant and rave the worse you look. Im surprised you have not been banned yet but I have faith its coming.
Did this guy you hate so much screw your wife or daughter? Steal your life's work? I dont get how you have that much bile in you over something this trivial. Get help.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-29-2017, 05:11 PM #53
Betterhaff

Betterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raho View Post
The best results came from training the plant to optimize it's structure by bending branches so that they all receive max light exposure. An untopped plant can kind of lean back to the north while the branches come around from each side to capture max sunlight as it travels east to west. Looking a bit like a stand-up base. This is the plant's natural "pose" and is easily supported with a single large stake if needed as it becomes heavy with bud.
This plant ended up being almost as long as it was high, with numerous shoots coming from laterals that all received more sun. It also broke up the profile, was not the typical Christmas tree…more like a small grove. As you mentioned (and I earlier) the sun moves unlike a static light situation in an indoor grow unless you’re using a mover but that still does not give the angles the sun does.

Sorry, not the best picture. Taken at night from a guerilla grow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bent.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	157.9 KB
ID:	425877
Betterhaff is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-30-2017, 07:11 PM #54
Raho

Raho is a name known to allRaho is a name known to allRaho is a name known to allRaho is a name known to allRaho is a name known to allRaho is a name known to allRaho is a name known to allRaho is a name known to allRaho is a name known to allRaho is a name known to allRaho is a name known to all
Hard to beat the natural structure when you have no ceiling and the sun for a light bulb.
looking at how the Aussies grow their giant sativas is a good example. Their conditions are very demanding with serious rain threats at the end of flower.
They use the natural structure for yield, strength and airflow to prevent mold.

“You Can Recognize A Pioneer By The Arrows In His Back.”

Everything x oBoy
Raho is offline Quote

Old 08-30-2017, 10:02 PM #55
NUGneighbor

NUGneighbor is on a distinguished road
STEW WHATS UP ? HEY DON'T TRIP ON THESE LOSERS THAT HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN TO GET ON SOMEONES POST AND START TALKING ABOUT NOTHING THEY KNOW ABOUT.
THIS IS WHY I DON'T POST MUCH.
ANYWAY I HAVE GROWN OVER 60 PLANTS THIS WAY AND MORE THAN HALF WERE CLONES. YES IT DOES TAKE LONGER IN VEG. BUT 2 TO 3 WEEKS IS NOT THAT LONG. GROWING THIS WAY GOT ME A HIGHER YEILD AND A BETTER ALL AROUND PRODUCT THEN TOPPING AND LST. WITH TOPPING & LST IT JUST SEEMED COUNTER PRODUCTIVE TO DO ALL THAT TRAINING THEN LOLLY POP 2/3 OF IT WHEN 12/12. WITH MAINLINEING YOU DO ALL YOUR LOLLY POPPING IN VEG. GROWING THIS WAY JUST MADE MORE SINCE. I WAS GETTING 8, 18" BUDS PER PLANT THAT WERE ALMOST A OZ EA. BUT IT DOES TAKE A LITTLE LONGER. BUT IF YOU GOT THE TIME GO FOR IT. IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU LIKE GROWING THIS WAY SO DO IT. ALSO LET ME SAY I DO NOT GROW THIS WAY ANY LONGER, CAUSE IT IS ALOT OF WORK TO KEEP IT GOING. I GROW WITH LPA (LOW PRESSURE AREOPONICS) IN THE SOG. THIS IS EASY AND FAST. AND MAYBE A 10th OF THE WORK.
BUT MOST OF ALL GROW THE WAY YOU LIKE TO AND HAVE FUN DOING IT. OH AND TO ANSWER YOUR QEUSTION, I THINK IT IS THE EXTRA TIME IT TAKES TO GROW THAT WAY WHY MOST PEOPLE DON'T GROW THAT WAY. AND AS YOU CAN SEE MOST PEOPLE DON'T GRASP THE CONCEPT.
ANYWAY GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR GROWS......................... ...........
NUGneighbor is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.