What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How Much Did It Cost When You Started?

afropips

In 1980 in South Africa.
A Matchbox or Snuff Container of Majat was 50c
& a Roll of 20 Durban Poison Bookie Paper Long Sticks was R2.
A Pack of 20 King Size smokes was apx' 45c.
(The Rand was about the same as the US$ in them days)

I think a pack of smokes is about R20 these days, apx' US$3.50
Here in UK a pack of 20 smokes cost about US$10
& Herb is about $200 -$300 an ounce.

Cool Runnings.........

sparobis

Veteran
a lb of lumbo gold,red,black,aculpoco...250$
a bundle of thai/laocian...150$
you saved every roach!!! remeber fellas? lol
peace
sparo

naga_sadu

As far as India went in the 70s...it was....cheap. It's not even worth ennumerating the price in US$. I could get a bhang lassi at a state run bhang shop then (there were lots) for about 6.5 Rupees. Back then, 20 Rupees was a dollar. U could buy opium and charas (hasheesh) too. A 3g ball of quality charas would cost about 50 Rupees back then. In remote parts of my home state usually in road side canteens and eateries, the owners would usually toss some herbs (about 10-15g) ur way if u place a good meal order. And if u were piss broke, you could always head up to the ghats and get herbs for free from the wilds. Pretty excellent stuff too. Almost every Shiva temple would have bhang (cannabis). A kilogram of bhang sweets costed about 11.5 Rupees then. It's bloody tasty too...!

G

/\/\/\/\ I love that term 'bhang'. That's what the jazz musicians of the 30s & 40s called it.:D

G

In the early eighties I was getting the old school flourescent green skunk 3 finger bag for $25. That shit stank so bad I had to hide it outside so my parents couldn't smell it.

For $20.00 Thai sticks 2 per bag. They were as thick as my thumb and as wide as the bag.

Those were the days.

GCG

Fatty Arbuckle

I smoked for the first time my freshmen year of college '99 (yeah i was pretty sheltered. but fucking D.A.R.E. scared the shit out of me!) i was never a heavy smoker and usually had to be pulled to the party by my roomate so i didn't buy then. he did however teach me how it was sold and what to expect and the price. after dropping out i didn't smoke again till 03 when i was basically buying quarters for $60 and an occasionally oz at 150ish of decent commercial. only quality around was blueberry and there was rarely more than a quarter or two available and it was going for 50/8th 100/qtr. didn't looking into gangaculture till early 06 and vow to never buy again. i've never bought anything close to what can be had at home.
Fatty Arbuckle

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

October of 1976, An ounce of Columbian was 20 bux.

Thirty years later-an ounce of fine homegrown about 50 bux to grow what would sell for 300 bux at a depensory(cough cough bullshit cough) that I would haev to drive 3 hours to get to.

minds_I

G

First lid I bought was in 1976 for $10. Five fingers big and not a bud in site. Next lid that was bought was $20 and was probably mexican or columbian. 4 fingers big and no shake.

G

$25. for a lid of the last of the gold weed in the mid 70'sn on the east coast

1980 $15-$20 an oz. i remember the first time i spent $40 it was good stuff but that was just crazy! i also remember spending $7 to see Van Halen.
times have changed. be cool :joint:

It was FREE!!

THANK YOU PAYPAL!

[I bought ballasts over Ebay, and Paypal dropped the ball on my transactions timing! The vendor got paid, I got ballasts, and Paypal picked up the tab!! They sent me latters for a few months claming I owed them money....but they stopped, it really was their fault, they were just trying to recoupe their $800!!

Crossthread iwas there wich you, damn the chicks would get crazy on a quaaludes. I had this "vitamin Q" shirt with a giant lude on it, wore it till it was a rag. Big fat ass four finger "bag" for $15 listening to all the classic rock the first time around.

G

1976, Patterson, LA. $40 a ounce of South American or Mexican buds depending on what was on hand.
Peace
MOD

G

hogleg hunter said:
Crossthread iwas there wich you, damn the chicks would get crazy on a quaaludes. I had this "vitamin Q" shirt with a giant lude on it, wore it till it was a rag. Big fat ass four finger "bag" for $15 listening to all the classic rock the first time around.

LOL... listened to Classic Rock when it was still just Rock.

Smurf

stoke this joint
ICMag Donor
Veteran
$20 for a 3 finger high bag during the 70's, which if I can recall correctly was Thai. Really dark shit and a kick ass smoke. There use to be boat loads of Asian weed coming over back then. There was even weed coming from PNG (a bit seedy), then later the Thai came ready rolled .... ready to smoke, but not any more! .....Bumma!
LOL..... listened to Classic Rock when it was still just rock
>>>>>yea, when you put it like that !!!....LOL

Last edited:
Cost

Cost

Used to be college 30 an oz or 100 1/4 lb for seedy what we called gold. Sometimes it was red, green, occasionally some gold. That was back in 1980. That same year sensi became available sometimes for the same price depending on who the seller was. I seem to remember some hip townies who had some great deals for good seedless weed. Buds mixed with sugar leafs.

I remember picking up a bag and telling my provider that I was going to cook with it. He promptly took me to his compost heap which was covered with pounds of shake. As it was compost he just let me grab a bunch....

Ah the good old days....

Latest posts

Latest posts