What's new

Do leaves sag during lights out?

chomsky

Do leaves sag during lights out? my plants look fine in the lit period of 12/12 but i hve noticed at dark period they really sag? is this normal?

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
Do leaves sag during lights out? my plants look fine in the lit period of 12/12 but i hve noticed at dark period they really sag? is this normal?

I don't know if they do every time I see mine when the light comes on they are all perky.

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
In my own experiences I haven't seen them do any drooping at all. Unless something is wrong. Cheers keep it growing.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Yes it is normal, now stop looking at them when it should be dark. Noobs can't leave plants alone. Fight the urge!!!

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
There will be hermies if you keep disturbing them while the lights are out. I don't care to see them when the lights out. I wait till the moment the light comes on to open up and see them.

chomsky

Yes it is normal, now stop looking at them when it should be dark. Noobs can't leave plants alone. Fight the urge!!!

Here we go, I love all you guys with thousands of posts sitting up on your HIGH horses thinking you're some kind of growing guru calling everyone noob. Always saying go read instead of asking questions or some shit... For the record, Im not a noob... Actually, the reason I asked is that in 5 years of serious growing, I have never seen my plants in the dark. As for hermies, did you even bother to read what I wrote? I went in my grow room under green light which will not cause hermies. I'm in there for maybe 3 minutes to refill my humidifiers because its cold where I am and the RH is way down without humidifiers. All you trolls who can't be on here without acting all HIGH and mighty fuck off. Be productive here on ICMag or go post on 420 mag or high times forums or some shit like that where you belong.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
:laughing::laughing::laughing: relax man if I offended you I am sorry!

But you right I shouldn't use the word 'noob' it's not constructive and always starts shit.

Yes I read about the green light, and that's why I was harsh on you, it doesn't work. Nobody here think they gurus we are all learning together. There are many folks here far more knowledgable than me and some far grumpier. Don't take offense so easily this is a great resource to be part of :tiphat:

blueberrydrumz

ICMag Donor
OP... green lights in the dark are not a good idea.. plants can still photosynthesize!

http://pcp.oxfordjournals.org/content/50/4/684.full

Introduction

Absorbance spectra of chlorophylls or pigments extracted from green leaves show that green light is absorbed only weakly. Action spectra of photosynthesis for thin algal solutions, transparent thalli of ordinary green algae, and leaves of aquatic angiosperms also show that green light is less effective than red light. As has been pointed out by Nishio (2000), these facts are often confused, and it is frequently argued that green light is inefficient for photosynthesis in green leaves. However, many spectra of absorptance (the absolute value of light absorption) measured with integrating spheres have shown clearly that ordinary, green leaves of land plants absorb a substantial fraction of green light (McCree 1972, Inada 1976, Gates 1980). It is also known that green light, once absorbed by the leaves, drives photosynthesis with high efficiency (Björkmann 1968, Balegh and Biddulph 1970, McCree 1972, Inada 1976).

chomsky

:laughing::laughing::laughing: relax man if I offended you I am sorry!

But you right I shouldn't use the word 'noob' it's not constructive and always starts shit.

Yes I read about the green light, and that's why I was harsh on you, it doesn't work. Nobody here think they gurus we are all learning together. There are many folks here far more knowledgable than me and some far grumpier. Don't take offense so easily this is a great resource to be part of :tiphat:

OK Moses its all good. With a response like yours, I see you do belong here on ICMag. Ive been on here a long while and I hate all the petty arguing and posturing that goes on. Sorry too for snapping yesterday, my girl was being kind of a bitch to me yesterday and I have an ear infection. Just a bad day. Its all good.

Alas, green light not good huh? I haven't read that. Either way, Im in and out of the room in a minute or two just to fill my humidifiers. Maybe Ill just do that with my phone flashlight from now on. I know its best to just let them chill during lights out. Its just on these bitter nights when the RH would otherwise drop to like 35% i like to make sure that doesn't happen.

chomsky

OP... green lights in the dark are not a good idea.. plants can still photosynthesize!

http://pcp.oxfordjournals.org/content/50/4/684.full

Introduction

Absorbance spectra of chlorophylls or pigments extracted from green leaves show that green light is absorbed only weakly. Action spectra of photosynthesis for thin algal solutions, transparent thalli of ordinary green algae, and leaves of aquatic angiosperms also show that green light is less effective than red light. As has been pointed out by Nishio (2000), these facts are often confused, and it is frequently argued that green light is inefficient for photosynthesis in green leaves. However, many spectra of absorptance (the absolute value of light absorption) measured with integrating spheres have shown clearly that ordinary, green leaves of land plants absorb a substantial fraction of green light (McCree 1972, Inada 1976, Gates 1980). It is also known that green light, once absorbed by the leaves, drives photosynthesis with high efficiency (Björkmann 1968, Balegh and Biddulph 1970, McCree 1972, Inada 1976).

Cool Thanks...

potty1

Oh the irony. ..
Also:
Actually, the reason I asked is that in 5 years of serious growing, I have never seen my plants in the dark.*
Next sentence.
did you even bother to read what I wrote? I went in my grow room under green light which will not cause hermies. I'm in there for maybe 3 minutes to refill my humidifiers because its cold where I am and the RH is way down without humidifiers
You've had your question answered correctly many times,someone even went to the bother to post you an exellent video!
No doubt I'll be called a troll but surely you can see this from everyone else's perspective when you read it back?
Good luck with your grow.