What's new

Ace Malawi Fem undercurrents w/ 1200watts

Malawi 7 and Malawi 11 are looking great and fast

picture.php

picture.php

abellguy

Sweeeet!! Man does #7 standout like a sore thumb in the canopy :D They are fattening up nicely and look to be some really sweet smoke. Thinking about the smells, I'll bet it's just heavenly in there. Keep up the great work :rasta:

Easygrowing

Veteran
Your Lucky One !! also 12-14 15 looks great-nope-them all : ) and yes-Nr 7 exelence colour..
wish i was you now : )

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks Tolkin Bowls for the update! Looks like they are starting to mature, wish you are enjoying at this time of the grow with the resins and aromas ;)

Purple malawi is a very rare pheno from the fem malawi line, i also keep a purple malawi mum for future projects this year :)

Thanks for all the supports guys.

Some of you asked about the smells. As far as smells go most of them smell of citrus(mainly lemon), wood, and there is a machine oil smell as well.

I was thinking about keeping a few different phenos for further examination. Without smoking, Malawis 7, 9, 11, 14, and 15 look to be possible P1 candidates.

Dubi: you have stated that you have saved a purple genotype for further breeding. I am curious about this because you stated that this is a rare pheno. When I hear rare pheno I think that the plant must be heterozygous with recessive alleles. I am curious about how stable you think the Purple Malawi genotype is? What value do you place in the genotype for further breeding? Thanks for any help in this area.

As for feeding. They only got 1.25 ml of Flora Bloom/gallon this week. 6-7 days from now they start to flush just pure Ph balanced water

I am going out of town for a bit and leaving the wife in charge of the plants so I may not update until harvest day.

Here is the DAY 73 update

Canopy
picture.php

picture.php

Golden Tiger 2
picture.php

Malawi 1
picture.php

Malawi 2
picture.php

newhousegreen

-.-
Veteran
this malawi number #15 reminds me most,the malawi witch i had a few years ago.Good smoke,very heavy and strong.A bit creamy i think,but i did have it crossed to chronic.It was by crazyX.Not sure about the stability of malawi genom(purple pheno),but i hope,it will do the best for you.And you will find some new,special things.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
High,

The purple malawi is a very recessive pheno so is not stabilized but you can fix easily the color traits by crossing the recessive purple malawi with another strain that is dominant for the purple color. Purple malawi is quite different to the taller lime green malawi phenos, it has a more rotten meat kind of aroma and it's quite faster to flower, as some members commented previously it would produce a nice hybrid crossing purple malawi with a good purple indica. Should be very colorful, resinous and fast hybrid, good for both indoor and outdoor growing.

From the taller long flowering lime green malawi phenos, there are some leafier expressions less resinous phenos, the best phenos flower with medium sized rounded and very dense flowers full of evil trichomes, with strong oily resinous aroma.

I am back and my wife managed to keep all the plants alive.

It is now time for the DAY 93 update.

For some reason my camera was not focusing very well so some of the picture are poor quality. Here is the long over due update.

picture.php

picture.php

Golden Tiger 2
picture.php

Malawi 1
picture.php

Malawi 2
picture.php

abellguy

Well you reached your 13 week point :D they look like they got some serious crystal production going on! Looking forward to some finish and dry shots it shouldn't be to far off now huh? I know you have to be as well, I commend you on your patients I have yet to grow a strain that goes longer than 10 weeks. Keep up the good work :rasta:

Latest posts

Latest posts