What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golden Tiger 3rd Thai Dominant version limited edition

wutwut

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
5 weeks 11/13. stretching seems to stop now. finally. i am using super soil and it might be a bit too strong with nitrogen for tropical sativa like this. in next two weeks we'll see if she start to grow fatter buds. my tent is 220cm tall and one of these gt's mains almost reached the roof - even she is mainlined.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    418 KB · Views: 147
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    500.9 KB · Views: 150
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 137
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    418 KB · Views: 134
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 152

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
wish I knew what causes those margins to brown. Probably likes tailored nutes. Just sprayed her with MPK since another plant seemed to need it hopefully she don't burn.
View attachment 18854573

Good looking cola @sublingual ! If the leaves have a uniform dark color and showing burnt tips then it's usually overfeeding. If leaves get yellowish and crispy then underfeeding or ph imbalance, or both.
How did she finish ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Germinated on Spring Equinox, vegged 4.5 weeks, and now at day 68 of flower.

Regarding flowering photoperiod: first month of flower was 11/13, then two weeks of 10.5/13.5, followed by two weeks of 10/14, and finally 9.5/14.5 since then.

Grown in 3 gallon grow bags of 2:1 coco coir: perlite with worm castings, dolomitic lime, and composted chicken guano.

Veg was fed with Alaska fish emulsion (5-1-1) and the same brand's flower (0-10-10) solution during flowering. Kelp powder and CalMag added to each watering.

400 watt HPS in a 4 x 4 ft grow tent.

Originally the grow had 3 Golden Tiger 3.0 fem, 3 Panama fem, 2 Malawi fem, 2 AG13 x Colombia, and 2 A5 x Colombia. Both AG13 x Colombia were male, as was one A5 x Colombia whose pollen was used to make seeds with female plants.

A5 x Colombia, Panama, and Malawi flowers have all been harvested. These Golden Tiger 3.0 need 2-4 more weeks. They've just begun a wave of reflowering.

Seeds from all pollinations have been collected.

View attachment 18861120 View attachment 18861122
20230703_151654-jpg.18861124

Hi @RizlaMan yours look very very Thai dominant for growing structure, stretching and until mid flowering, after that catching up with more Malawi traits such as denser flowers and dense layer of big trichomes that can be appreciated in the more ripe buds. How are they currently doing ? How are the terpenes profiles getting closer to the end ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Lovely @wutwut :love: Super Thai dominant for all traits with those sexy skinny leaves, thin flexible stems and huge growth like bamboos looking for light.

How many GT3 girls are you flowering ? I would recommend to lower down the nitrogen to avoid they continue stretching and delay on flowering ripening, so they can focus better in forming budsites.

Chungo

Need some advise with obvious Fox tailing and re-veg of a couple of GT 3.0. A couple of weeks ago one plant shown some fox tailing so I moved the lights up and have tried to cool the room which did little to help to their continued fox tailing. The one plant is much worse than the second. Is there a way to stop it or am I faced with a continuation of this problem? Up to that point they were doing well but now the one is getting airy looking. Wondering if I should just cut them down or not as I am about a month from predicted harvest? They are covered in trichomes. Any suggestion and thanks....

Fennecfox

Here’s some photos of GT3 fem dried. very energetic happy focusing smoke makes me happy all day after the high goes away kinda like a micro dose. Kinda trippy makes my vision go blurry. Less racy then GT2 bit less potent but I prefer its cleaner happy high. Great morning weed.
IMG_1744.jpeg

IMG_1747.jpeg

Hey Dubi did you use the original Old Killer Malawi clone only in the 3rd version GT fems as the pollen donor?

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Need some advise with obvious Fox tailing and re-veg of a couple of GT 3.0. A couple of weeks ago one plant shown some fox tailing so I moved the lights up and have tried to cool the room which did little to help to their continued fox tailing. The one plant is much worse than the second. Is there a way to stop it or am I faced with a continuation of this problem? Up to that point they were doing well but now the one is getting airy looking. Wondering if I should just cut them down or not as I am about a month from predicted harvest? They are covered in trichomes. Any suggestion and thanks....

Hi @Chungo sorry to hear that, please post pics showing the problem on your 2 GT3 girls so i can evaluate better where you are at. To avoid foxtailing and reflowerings in late flowering, lower down a bit more the photoperiod, half an hour or even to 10/14, avoid feeding with nitrogen and peaks of too high temps when the lamp is on.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Not about to repeat myself, but cannot thank you enough @Fennecfox for the GT2 vs GT3 comparison and for your excellent growing skills 🥰 Correct, GT3 fem is Thai Chaing Mai (selected one, mother of Thai Chi and Thai x Panama) pollinated with Old Malawi Killer (reversed). Now, between both versions you have 3 Thais combined with Malawi genetics :giggle:

For me a very strong and well selected GT2 like seems to be yours is overpowering, spaced out, trippy, inner thought provoking and dissociating effects that is best enjoyed in my opinion in late afternoons. Then go take public transport imagining things everywhere that are not there and people looking at me like coming from Mars :ROFLMAO: then arrive home and family look at my face and say: where the hell have you been !!

Glad you find GT3 enough potent, but more clear headed and well focused (that was the goal of this version), finding its place for morning sessions.

Chungo

Hi @Chungo sorry to hear that, please post pics showing the problem on your 2 GT3 girls so i can evaluate better where you are at. To avoid foxtailing and reflowerings in late flowering, lower down a bit more the photoperiod, half an hour or even to 10/14, avoid feeding with nitrogen and peaks of too high temps when the lamp is on.
Thanks. I will get a photo up soon. I was thinking of decreasing the photo period but wasn't sure as it is 11/14 now.

Chungo

Here are 3 pics of the 2 plants in question. The to obviously foxtailing and the second plant not nearly as far along....

Attachments

• IMG_20230803_065441.jpg
    IMG_20230803_065441.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 120
  • IMG_20230803_065213_1.jpg
    IMG_20230803_065213_1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 120
  • IMG_20230803_065241.jpg
    IMG_20230803_065241.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 119

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Both the main leaves and flowers look super sexy @Chungo :love: Thanks for sharing some pictures.
How many weeks are you into flowering ? What's the current temp range ? and EC levels when watering and feeding?

Kindly follow the advices in my previous post and you will be able to finish them in the best way.

Chungo

Both the main leaves and flowers look super sexy @Chungo :love: Thanks for sharing some pictures.
How many weeks are you into flowering ? What's the current temp range ? and EC levels when watering and feeding?

Kindly follow the advices in my previous post and you will be able to finish them in the best way.
I flipped them to 11/13 May 18. We have had a very hot summer and the temp in my shed is difficult to keep constant. The temp is any where from 24C in the morning to 28C in the afternoon. I have them in a supper soil mix I have been using for the last couple of years with the SMALL amount of granular P&K once a month and will give them one more dose shortly. I haven't measured the EC of my water in a couple of years ...I know I am bad. Just a note the Killer A5 Haze I have outside which I plan on bring inside when the GT 3.0 is pretty well finished is shooting up well in a smart air pot with the same water being used.

Chungo

Just a quick note that I switched them to 10/14 4 days ago I don't know if the fox tailing has stopped (My guess is it has) but the pistils are changing to a brown color now so maybe I am getting some where with this issue....thanks again.

wutwut

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
still going.. (7 weeks 11/13) in pictures there are a few golden tiger fems and gt3rd fems.
one of them did almost reach the ceiling, wow. she is very tall.

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    295.8 KB · Views: 147
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    375.1 KB · Views: 130
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 133
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    347.2 KB · Views: 136
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    373.5 KB · Views: 142
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 150
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    535.3 KB · Views: 156

wutwut

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
i guess they are all golden tiger 3rd. sorry for lazy post. i am feeling tired. they don't have any clear scents. the smell is pretty soft. i am excited to try their effect. most i wait of that last one which is very big in size compared to others.

Attachments

• th4.jpg
    th4.jpg
    286.6 KB · Views: 78
  • th3.jpg
    th3.jpg
    316.7 KB · Views: 76
  • th2.jpg
    th2.jpg
    295.1 KB · Views: 78
  • th1.jpg
    th1.jpg