What's new

35 Years in Prison for 1/4 pound of Cannabis in Texas

stc9357

yea i lived in austin for about a year I think texas the place (rivers deserts hills etc.) is great its just the 80-90% of the bible thumpin neocon texas that i cant deal with....austin was very diff than any other places iv'e been in TX.

Even if you hadn't your not missing much been there 3 times in my life won't be going back anytime soon.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not sure what this disgraceful sentence has to do with "racist white men", but it certainly is heart-breaking. I can just see this southern hayseed prosecutor putting this poor slob away for the rest of his life for possessing a few ounces of devil weed and heading home after work to toss back a shot of Jack. Then on Sunday he'll be sitting in the pew at church imagining himself to be a good christian. There's so much that is wrong about this that I don't even know where to begin. It is this kind of revolting hypocrisy that drove me from organized religion. My relationship with God doesn't require the imprimatur of any smugly self-righteous bible-thumpers, and the south is chock full of em.

ok this is how it works...
The convicted man is black, and the whole jury was white. So was his court appointed lawyer. Tyler is a small town, and the racist lawyer was pissed he was having to do pro bono work, so he just fucked the case off, and picked the most racist jury he could get away with. case closed. old ass racist judge doesnt wanna see the guy again, and figures he wont live more than 35 more years so that is his sentence.

see how that works. welcome the southern justice.

J

JackTheGrower

I'm not sure what this disgraceful sentence has to do with "racist white men", but it certainly is heart-breaking. I can just see this southern hayseed prosecutor putting this poor slob away for the rest of his life for possessing a few ounces of devil weed and heading home after work to toss back a shot of Jack. Then on Sunday he'll be sitting in the pew at church imagining himself to be a good christian. There's so much that is wrong about this that I don't even know where to begin. It is this kind of revolting hypocrisy that drove me from organized religion. My relationship with God doesn't require the imprimatur of any smugly self-righteous bible-thumpers, and the south is chock full of em.

I went off of the understanding that Texas use anti-cannabis raids on migrant workers long before the Federal was involved I understand.. "The Union" the film eludes to this and I believe many of us know these details from reading about them.

Basically i believe that all of the anti-cannabis law in Texas is racially rooted.

That's where I was coming from.. I do forget that others have not read or seen what i have.

If you look into this you will see the connection and how Texas uses many of their Laws to go after the Non-White citizen.

JCJ

Greedy bastards,either way there making money. We get locked up they cash in. If they make a bill on bud they still cash in. That's probably there main problem,they don't know how to profit and hide it to keep us happy an vote for them.

" IT'S IN GOD WE TRUST, NOT IN GOVERNMENT!"

pushlimits

I must add to this conversation that ridiculous punishments like this one are not necessarily because the government dislikes marijuana, but to imprison someone for so long is extremely lucrative for privet Prison corporations. Lobbyist in Washington, Judges who hand out sentences, police chiefs that make a certain quota, and the prisons that house them all have incentives to imprisonate as many people as possible because they make money!!!

It Is a crime against humanity when people make money off of human misery!

Last edited:

GoatCheese

Veteran
..and at the same time ...Rockefellers & Rothschilds are advisors & financial supporters of the UN, and so get to call all the shots, and where the next war is fought.

..any Rockefellers in the US senate atm?

...Justice?!

or a..

:moon: ...by the same people who made cannabis illegal in the world?

anonamix

yea i lived in austin for about a year I think texas the place (rivers deserts hills etc.) is great its just the 80-90% of the bible thumpin neocon texas that i cant deal with....austin was very diff than any other places iv'e been in TX.

Austin is crazy. Fuckin' drag rats lol

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
if the laws dont change, at some point there will need to be a second side in this war. texas has got alot of guns, might be a good place to start...

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
For all you guys hating on Texas.

This police state is coming to your town next if you don't start standing up for ALL your freedoms.

Welcome to tyranny by the rich. Go read 1984 and tell me if we are not moving into an Orwellian society.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i aint hatin...i love everything bout texas cept the laws on cannabis...i really do think it would be a good place to start the revolution!

A

Amstel Light

not hatin either gramps i just hate the texas jury,judge and texans who think this is just...

belgowiet

in my country you dont even get 35 y if you kill some one...
it a shame that they even put people in jail for weed.
we dont harm people by smoking a joint...

T

texsativa

i aint hatin...i love everything bout texas cept the laws on cannabis...i really do think it would be a good place to start the revolution!

It is a great place but all people are not of the same mindset. We all have grown up in a biased time.

Open Eyes

Don't like getting 35 years for 1/4 pound (with or without priors) in Texas?

Don't want to be executed in a foreign country like the Philippines or Malaysia, Thailand for simple possession of cannabis?

Why would any pot smoker even want to live in Texas knowing that a bunch of bigoted, racist, bible thumping octogenarians are calling the shots there?

I would run a country mile OUT of TEXAS and head WEST.

IF a large percentage of americans that smoke pot moved to one single state in the union
and pushed their agenda then the will of the people would have to be followed and that means the legalization of cannabis.

More ranting.....why would you go to DUBAI?

FFS, kissing on the beach as an unmarried couple will get you jail time..... THIS is what happens when you put a bunch of moronic, religious zealots in charge of even more moronic sheeple that will jump off of a cliff if you told them to if it meant they would see GOD.

Get rid of religions, borders and individual languages and there will be world peace. Leave the clergy in charge and you get a horde of peados heading to sunday church for their weekly, church sanctioned and sponsored, lap rides with kids.

Leave the government in charge and they will only serve themselves, take bribes, rip the people off, offer lucrative contracts to people that overbid by a mile because they contributed to their campaigns.

ANARCHY!!

DankSide

I wonder how thats even possible.

He didn't rape, murder or steal, yet he faces a longer sentence than men responsible for those heinous crimes. WTF.

There is something very wrong here.

TexasToker

Don't like getting 35 years for 1/4 pound (with or without priors) in Texas?

Don't want to be executed in a foreign country like the Philippines or Malaysia, Thailand for simple possession of cannabis?

Why would any pot smoker even want to live in Texas knowing that a bunch of bigoted, racist, bible thumping octogenarians are calling the shots there?

I would run a country mile OUT of TEXAS and head WEST.

IF a large percentage of americans that smoke pot moved to one single state in the union
and pushed their agenda then the will of the people would have to be followed and that means the legalization of cannabis.

More ranting.....why would you go to DUBAI?

FFS, kissing on the beach as an unmarried couple will get you jail time..... THIS is what happens when you put a bunch of moronic, religious zealots in charge of even more moronic sheeple that will jump off of a cliff if you told them to if it meant they would see GOD.

Get rid of religions, borders and individual languages and there will be world peace. Leave the clergy in charge and you get a horde of peados heading to sunday church for their weekly, church sanctioned and sponsored, lap rides with kids.

Leave the government in charge and they will only serve themselves, take bribes, rip the people off, offer lucrative contracts to people that overbid by a mile because they contributed to their campaigns.

ANARCHY!!

Nice soapbox. Regardless of the law, I like it here. You say 'country mile' so I assume you are from the south (which makes you a hypocrite)...every other southern state wants to disown TX, and every other southern state has Cannabis legality issues.

Open Eyes

Ex cali living in the UK now

We can buy seeds legally but there is talk, and has been for awhile now, that this is going to stop. Wont make a bit of dif since i wil just go to the dam instead.

anonamix

Ex cali living in the UK now

We can buy seeds legally but there is talk, and has been for awhile now, that this is going to stop. Wont make a bit of dif since i wil just go to the dam instead.

Lucky you.. it'd make a big diff to the alot of us and would be a step back for the ganja movemnt as a whole.

J

JackTheGrower

The general issue with Texas seems to be the one chance idea..

Texas is about to execute another innocent man under the rule that he had his one chance in court, once, so that's all he gets.

Never mind that his Public defender was made a public defender after a conviction as a Texas prosecuting attorney for stealing drug money evidence. Never mind that he may well have been playing the game to save his position when he should have been disbarred.

Other suspect behaviour was relieved on NPR's segment on Tuesday.
There is more than a little evidence to support this man's innocence.

Looks like Texas is so backwards they believe they should be allowed their own Country-hood.. Form their own Nation on the grounds they are so righteous! Perhaps they can start shooting folks to save money on trials if they get their own independence.

The rule is if you need a public defender in Texas you get only one shot at justice.. Good or bad public defender it makes no difference in Texas.. Now if you can afford your own attorney then well.. Texas allows you more justice it would seem.

So there is a man who was executed for setting fire to his house killing his two children. A few years after he was put to death a independent forensic review of the evidence determined it was an electrical fire and not arson.
Texas refused to allow any further investigation until they put the man to death.
Once they put him to death they said y'all can do what you like now.

ESCOknows

You know what they say about Texas..." steers and queers" and some fuckd up marijuana laws.. I was always told never move green through Texas... NEVER.