What's new

35 Years in Prison for 1/4 pound of Cannabis in Texas

That's texas for ya! last year i read of a kid in texas who got ten years for smoking a joint, when the cops walked up on him and a friend smoking it, they saw him pass it to his friend, so they charged him with felony distribution because he passed it. it was his 1st offense of any kind, so he was sentenced to 10 years probation, somewhere in the 1st year he failed a piss test and was put in prison to serve the rest of his sentence. it happens, welcome to police state america. here locally where i live, just last week 4 -18 year olds were having a water balloon fight in their yard on private property, a local cop was driving by and saw them, all 4 were arrested for assault and taken to the county jail where they had to bond out on assault charges. this is how they are training the new young recruits at the academy. and even though the supreme court says no means no in regards to searching a vehicle, around here a lot of cops will just arrest you on whatever charge they pulled you over for, even if its only not wearing your seat belt, and then they search the car anyway. so whenever we pass laws to protect us from tyranny, the pigs just find loopholes to get around the laws. personally i believe the judge, jury, and DA, in the tyler texas case should be publically executed as a message to any others thinking the same way. also the piece of shit cop here that arrested the kids for having a water balloon fight also needs a public execution. along with every federal judge and cop and congressmen who does not honor their oath to protect and uphold the constitution. they all took an oath, but they dont give a shit. and i take offense to the remarks against christians, real christians dont act this way, these people are hypocrites. real christians believe in personal freedoms, you cant blame God or the real christians for simple minded idiot bigots who twist the word of God into a liscense to control people. also, noone is going to fight back, no matter how much they think they want to, flouride in the water makes you complacent, hitler flouridated the water in germany prior to going on his campaign of terror, and he did it precisely because it makes people complacent and easier to control, these same scientist are now working for our government and advising them on how to fuck us over. go organic with everything, eat organic as much as possible, and become self reliant, thats how you beat them, they cant use the water supply to poison you or control you if you dont drink their water. same with the food supply and the vaccines, its all poison, dont consume it, in fact stop being consumers and become self reliant learn how to make things and trade and barter with others. let the economy crash, personally i think wed be better off in the long run if america as we currently know it collapsed. then those of us who arent being brainwashed can step in and reform this nation into what the founding fathers intended it to be.

J

JackTheGrower

It's more about showing Texas legal system for what it is.

Race is a fact of life and in my opinion Racism is a sickness that infects all races but in Texas it's accepted as part of the State's Culture.

If anyone glancing at this thinks "oh well" just try getting busted with an ounce in your car while driving through Texas.. It won't be a fine and you will be lucky to keep your car.

Quiet_Riot

Veteran
Why are governements so afraid of cannabis ???????

well, for the simple reasons that it make you healthier, in body, mind and spirit. And as Bob Marley put it, it makes you rebel. Elites doesn't want that, neither do they want a whole new business"branch" of all the different hemp-products to hit the market, like bio-fuel, buildingmaterial, clothing, foodoil ect :) Let's send some light and love to this guy, he sure can need it, focuse on getting him a better deal, or even, letting him out to be free!

elwaponino

good post

If I may state that yes, not giving the government our taxes is one way to protest peacefully, but you may still get arrested, so maybe a better way would ALSO vote with your money, buy only from local store owners, and stay away from large corporations. And of coarse you need to inform yourself and others, start with Ron Paul, Alex Jones, and Michael Badnarik, and then inform others, that simple really.

p0opstlnksal0t

gotta love Texas, I love this state but some shit just doesnt make since.... were letting assholes out of prison after 2 years for murder and rape, but this poor old bastard gets 35 years for a freakin quarter zip of some pot...

corky1968

Veteran
I'm sorry. There are no excuses for grwon men to be busted for possession, dealing, cultivation anymore. No excuses at all. The men have had their entire lives to figure it out and they still don't get it. They get what they deserve, it's better this way for the family they leave behind.

grow up and take it like a man.

Facelift, you sound like a person that lost her husband to another man.

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Go home and get your fucking shine box.

I know guys who have killed cops who only got 25 years.
35 years for a 1/4 pound is sad.

us in europe usually we consider that the texas lows made for monkeys society
but 35 for 1/4 is really beyond imagination,
why they didnt kill him immediately?

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i really do think it would be a good place to start the revolution!

We are really starting to get it cranked up down here! :dance013:

These next couple of years are going to get very, very interesting.

Please put your seat in the upright position and buckle your seat belt. If you are an Establishment Politician I'm gong to ask that you please stick your head in between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye.

:tiphat:

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Lol, I'm not for incumbents for the sake of incumbency. Some lawmakers need to go like the senator that wants Warren Buffets derivative investments to remain collateral free. Come to find out the good senator has 3 to 6 million dollars worth of Berkshire Hathaway himself, lol.

And Buffet was the guy that coined the phrase "financial weapons of mass destruction" when referring to derivatives. :biglaugh:

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's something to think about.
Who the real bad guy????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIEUhpxeuP4&feature=related

Good video. It's becoming more and more well known that the CIA, started by the Bush Family, profits through the Drug War.

The War on Drugs is a farce to criminalize the general population and perpetuate the Police State. The War on Terror is simply an escalation of this War against the American people by the same family and industry. We are coming full circle now.

The big boys play big games when they have personal control of the MIC and financial institutions and intentionally use it as a weapon against the American people and the rest of the world. Smells like Global Fascism to me.

Lest we not forget Grandpappy Bush had his banks seized for helping fund the Nazi's. Connections like that do not tend to go away.

Last edited:

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Hey Gramps, if W brought it full-circle does Jeb mean full-tilt? I swear to jeebus that fucker's gonna be prez and we'll see newer and more exciting powers of the presidency. I can't wait.

Get ready folks, another Bush regime lays wait in the bushes, lol.

JCJ

Time for another civil war the only way were ever going to get our rights back and stop this from happening is to fight for it they will never change unless they have to
Wouldnt be surprised...This isnt just about bud...its our God givin (or earth natural for those who see other wise) plant..its been here b4 any of us were even created but since our government wants to make money on drilling,cutting down,war and the new one sucking there people dry on meds by hooking em on it and so call treat em with more poisonous pills and rehabs...I dont see how these rich or famous celebs dont put there money into a real cause. SOM talk about bud non stop but wont help fight for their own n others freedom?Crazy world were u get more time 4 selling bud then murder

JCJ

I dont see that injust at that we fight for our freedom back. The new civil war might be against those with those who have nothing tired of those with everything..who knows just hopin that history dont repeat....

JCJ

Was alchol prohibition like this? Did they decide state by state for decriminalization or were we a nation equally under God back then?

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
It cost tax payers $30,000 per inmate per year. So that 1/4 pound of devil weed is going to cost the american tax payers $1,050,000.

I blame privatized prisons. We need to get rid of them YESTERDAY. If our government dont have the time or resources to jail you, then obviously your not enough of a danger to be in the prison system.

Nobody should be in jail unless its for a heinous crime, like rape, murder or child molestation.

:yeahthats

dankydoodle

If anyone glancing at this thinks "oh well" just try getting busted with an ounce in your car while driving through Texas.. It won't be a fine and you will be lucky to keep your car.

I am a first time poster here, and I'm from Texas, so go easy on me. First of all, the above comment is factually untrue. I myself was arrested for possession of little a little less than an ounce in Harris County. If your familiar with it then you know I'm in the city. I was also charged with wreckless driving in the same incident. My second possesion charge in 15 year period.

I spent 1 night in jail, had the wreckless driving charge dismissed, and only got 6 months probation, and a $100.00 fine. Pee'd in a cup 3 times. BTW, I still own my car...

I know Texas, as well as most Southern states have a long way to go to be the liberal bastions of the west, and other places in the world. However I know a lot of people hate on us for "any" reason they can come up with...and that's ok too. We understand jealousy.

Remember, none of you know the circumstances behind my arrest before you go judging me. So chill with the flames...