What's new

35 Years in Prison for 1/4 pound of Cannabis in Texas

s13sr20det

admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.
Veteran
i need to get out of here. its such a shame, because tx has a long growing season

J

JackTheGrower

Wooten, who was convicted of two felonies in the 1980s, was also accused of marijuana possession in a drug free zone in 2008, the paper noted.

Strike 3...

That is right.. 3 strikes.. But for Cannabis? It's Still Insane!

Is cannabis such a thing to deserve over One Million Dollars of tax payer monies to be spent? Times how many people?

We all know the answer here.

It's a FYI that we still have unreal punishments for the poor in States like Texas.

C

cyberwax

Jesus, rather stupid place to toke up but what the hell? 35 years? Insane and stupid.

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
However, since Henry was in a "drug free zone", Smith County Assistant District Attorney Richard Vance had asked for the jury to give Wooten a sentence of 99 years. Do you think he got off easy?

wtf???????

ArcticBlast

ButteredIt

if only he was buying the good stuff at 25 a gram and not the mexican shit at 30 an ounce he'd be alright. i used to live in texas and you aaaaalways have to be on your toes when it comes to getting high. sad stuff. really sad.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks like I'm going need to brush up on my Spanish. :biglaugh:

People forget there is still a brutal war going on down here.

There are some real causalities and POW's.

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
That is right.. 3 strikes.. But for Cannabis? It's Still Insane!

Is cannabis such a thing to deserve over One Million Dollars of tax payer monies to be spent? Times how many people?

We all know the answer here.

It's a FYI that we still have unreal punishments for the poor in States like Texas.

if his prision terms were in the 80's he should have been grandfatherd in with 0 strikes??

It cost tax payers $30,000 per inmate per year. So that 1/4 pound of devil weed is going to cost the american tax payers $1,050,000.

I blame privatized prisons. We need to get rid of them YESTERDAY. If our government dont have the time or resources to jail you, then obviously your not enough of a danger to be in the prison system.

Nobody should be in jail unless its for a heinous crime, like rape, murder or child molestation.
the whole point of private run prisions were to save money???

a dude around here got hit with a pound of coke and a handgun and he only faces 20 yrs.NOW THATS FUCKED UP

he sounds like he deserves the 35...

doesnt this count as "cruel and unusual"??? when was THE LAST 35 yr sentance of pot for 4 oz given out?

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Another example of an innocent victim of a victimless crime being used and abused by a system that criminalizes and imprisons people so that the share holders of these private prisons can get a good dividend every year.....

......all over cannabis that is a plant less harmful than peanuts......

hazydays

Man, that sucks. ^^ What GN said.

Corporate run prisons are becoming all too common. Corporations have to expand and show profit. Someone has to fill the cells.

L

lysol

Every time we hear a story like this, we should all plant another one single bean. Wonder how many pounds would flood the street then.

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
Every time we hear a story like this, we should all plant another one single bean. Wonder how many pounds would flood the street then.

a "tribute plant" , to say huh??
what an idea yopu have.
should make that a sticky/new thread to get the idea around!
i got to give u some rep, badass idea.

Obama needs to step in and pardon this fuckin guy, Jesus Christ man..what is this Signapore law?

Worse!
Death penality applied almost everytime. Seen first time offenses for both kids & females applied just the same.

Does no good to speak your opinion to there department system.. Why should it, I was'nt apart of there country.

I'm sure it left food for thought when I informed him of how karma seems to find you alone in the dark & ready to collect!

One day, this situation will hit the wrong person, & he or she is going to show them just how much, they can kiss his or her a$$ cause they aint going to jail for this ridiculous $hit! You want this a$$, your gonna have to F'ing earn it!

Cruzin

ADA Richard Vance
100 North Broadway Ave, 4th Floor
Tyler, Texas 75702... See More
Office: (903) 590-1720

Call this fascist pig and tell him what a piece of shit he is!

I'm speechless.

I love my country but sometimes it's not easy :(

Yes that is cruel and unusual punishment, IMO

Yeah I'm with Frank...Texas has a little secession movement going on down there. Let em the f+ck go....Let's see how well the Independant Republic of Texas of 2010 can fend for itself :)

PS: Obama couldn't pardon him....only the Gov of Texas can, so that's not happening...

Poor victim in the war on drugs....